steel fist expert

I'm having trouble with this trophy, could someone explai a couple of things. I got this easily on the ps3 version and on the first uncharted, but this time it will not unlock, I've been at this for two hours now.

Firstlty, there are three animations that Drake will do if you go for the melee kill after shooting. The standard punch, the slide and punch to balls, the flying kick to face. Do all of these count? Because I've had ten in a row on every single time Ive tried this and it will not pop. I believe the flying kick definitely doesn't count as it's a kick, not a punch.

Which brings me to my next question. How does the game decide which animation to do? Because I can get to 6 punches, but on the 7th, Drake does the flying kick EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. No j oke Ive done this over 100 times now and every single one of those 100 times, the seventh kill is a flying kick.

Anybody shed any light on this?

Also Ive scoured youtube for videos, none were any help.

Hi. I've done this trophy few days ago in a Ps3 version.

Can't be sure about the "flying kick" conundrum, but I would've guess that does count for steel fist expert trophy.

Only thing that I could think off, that blocks you somehow from getting this trophy, is maybe that you shoot at your enemies too much. Maybe.

What I did is use a pistol weapon (don't remember the name of it) and shoot only once at an enemy (from the hip) and then finish him with melee. 

Just now, Dead_By_Noon said:

Hi. I've done this trophy few days ago in a Ps3 version.

Can't be sure about the "flying kick" conundrum, but I would've guess that does count for steel fist expert trophy.

Only thing that I could think off, that blocks you somehow from getting this trophy, is maybe that you shoot at your enemies too much. Maybe.

What I did is use a pistol weapon (don't remember the name of it) and shoot only once at an enemy (from the hip) and then finish him with melee. 

Hey, i was using a pistol also and ony firing once at each enemy. The trophy actually just popped after only 8 kills so it was definitely glitched in some way for me!