The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...

Livingstone7728

Ok! Now that I finished the story, I can probably review the game to give a bit of insight to people looking to buy

The Good:

I think it passes as a racing game as it has a decent selection of bikes, customize options on each as well as various part upgrades to ultimately make every bike the same (maxed out stats). There is a decent variety of race types as well.. With everything from straight racing, knocking people off bikes, running from the cops, elimination races (last place is taken out until one racer remains) etc etc there are quite a few story missions in addition to 7 or 8 side quests in each region. The great part of this is than having to drive to the start point you can boot up any race in the menu. 

The Bad: 

Alot of people, including gaming websites have likened this to Road Rash. after playing through I would say I can see the comparison, The only problem is they didn't really evolve it. The camera looks like something you'd see on N64... I found it very easy to get stuck and sometimes look the visual on my bike due to a poor camera angle.

The Ugly:

I understand that not every game can be a AAA title and this was not meant to be (as made evident with the price point). However, this is almost insulting to me to be charged even 40 (Canada) for such a poorly constructed game. I had numerous restarts due to an inability to spawn properly, I found myself constantly being flung up In the air or off the map into dead space when falling off my bike. I know that having played early I obviously am playing an unfinished  or glitched product, (as is the norm for today's games) and will most likely be offered an update first thing Tuesday morning. However, the amount of work this game needs will far outweigh the time it takes to finish and/or platinum the game.

Final Thoughts:

Overall my suggestion would be to wait until they roll out several updates, as with some work it could be a pretty enjoyable game (for Its price)

Edited by Livingstone7728
  • Like 1