character save data question

Mr_Skirra

So my friend and I decided to play some local coop together on PS3 this weekend. We started a new game. We just played it on my account and got to around level 20 before we decided to play some other games. He had to log in with his account to be second player, but while playing through the game the trophies didn't unlock for him. Just for me (player one/main account). Now he's back home and we want to start playing it online and I'd upload his character data for him, but does that mean all the level trophies would pop for him once we play the online coop? And if so, would it in that case also result in a ban from the leaderboards? (not counting hiding the two games etc.) He isn't actually interested in trophies or leaderboards, hence why I posted the question and not him, but I wanted to know since the usage of savegames, whether your own or others is illegal. The only problem here is that that would mean you'd have to start a new game on your own, and play solo all the way up to that point again to have normal timestamps. 

11 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Did he log in to his account on your PS3? Otherwise I would assume the character would be saved under your account, and I don't believe you can transfer it over to a different PSN ID

Yes, he logged in to his account on my ps3. When we started up borderlands a second time, he also had to load his character savegame from his account again. So everything is done on his account/PSN, but since he was player 2 no trophies popped for him. Only on mine. 

• 8 months later...
23 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Nice! That's good to know. Would trophies auto-pop going back to the PS3/Vita? I would like for the DLC to auto-pop for the Vita version but apparently 2 weren't ported? So maybe I just do it to the PS3 version and clean-up the last 2 trophies I need. Also, do the trophies auto-pop for the DLC without the DLC being downloaded? Or would I need it to?