This game is unplayable

eterrnal2

27 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

But god forbid he plays one of the older GTA games ;)

Is that some kind of an insult? I'm playing all the series since august (yes, 1 & 2 too), I dont have any problems with old graphics at all. I'm talking about how blurry playstation version is

1 hour ago, eterrnal2 said:

I'm talking about ps3 version. PC looks fine

The game is nearly 10 years old. The PC version has more options for controlling visual effects - and had 8 more months worth of work on it.

It was the first game using the brand new engine they created, specifically for the next-gen consoles. They didn't really know what they were doing yet, or how much was too much. Games were still doing that "Brown is realistic! Also bloom! And depth of field! All the depth of field!"

Seriously - lower your expectations of it and either deal with the blur, or keep playing the PC version. There's nothing else you can do about it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, eterrnal2 said:

Is that some kind of an insult? I'm playing all the series since august (yes, 1 & 2 too), I dont have any problems with old graphics at all. I'm talking about how blurry playstation version is

Compared to the pc version or ...?

Because if you have a choice of where to play it and this really bothers you, at least on the pc you can mess around with the settings.

If you don't have a choice or just want to play it on ps3, just keep going through it and it will become normal eventually, either way the game is pretty cool, played it a bunch back in 2012 so don't let the blur keep you away from the experience. Happy murdering!

The thing to remember is it's almost a ten year old game designed for a system from 2006, chances are it's going to at the very least look rough around the edges and possibly have some unusual quirks compared to what you're used to from the last year or two, so some adjustment is to be expected when playing most games from that far back. Plow a few hours into it and you'll get used to it. 

Other than that you could try playing around with your brightness and contrast, see if there's anything you can do to make it more bearable. Or if you have the standalone copy try trading it in for the IV collection since it looks a little sharper on that disk. Keep at it man, even after ten years it's still a great game. 

• 2 weeks later...