Bugs and Glitches

turniplord

Hi guys,

I can finally talk about the game! I've been playing it since Friday, got the platinum on Sunday and completed the game twice now. Any questions, feel free to ask.

The main thing I wanted to talk about is something a lot of you will probably hate - do you know those 2 infamous bugs? Obtaining the healing item off the thief and fourth essence stone? Well, that 18yr old bug is STILL PRESENT IN THIS VERSION!

• In Shamazaar, before you speak to Logar Be sure to make a save as he didn't give me the item I needed and I had to load an old save, which for me was about 2 hours previous.

• Also, if you don't want to use Luck, Don't take out the Fae temple until After you place all 3 essence stones as the Talon won't come through the portal and give you the fourth stone if you clear out the temple first! Luckily, I realised the bug but decided to continue playing and I randomly found the item in Motazaar - but if I hadn't then I wouldn't have been able to complete the game!

The above 2 issues were the only 'game breaking' issues I found in my 30+ hours playthrough. The game only takes about 15 hours to platinum as you don't need to finish the game to platinum, just obtain the 4 Mon and do certain side missions - however, if you do finish the game then there is no post-credits dance scene. I first finished at main- 90% and side 75% and got nothing, so I went back and completed everything I could, I managed to end with main 100% and side 90% and still no dance ending. 

Also, this isn't a bug but a lot of people seem to have not triggered the quest:

• In Okasankaar you need to talk to the Shamaz about the fire building a few times to trigger the boat man's quest to save his friend. When you save his friend be sure to talk to him right there to get the quest to tell the boatman he is okay - if you don't talk to his friend here then he despawns and you lose out on 1% on the main story quests, which may make it impossible to get 100% as I never seemed to get a higher percentage for clearing out the soldiers like you did in previous versions.

Other than that, the game has a lot of glitches, but none breaking, just funny. People talking without moving their mouth, Cutter sliding on the floor, shooting in the air if you get under something just right, flying creatures hovering and not flapping, distorted faces if you skip too fast, you do an Irish dance if you side-step too fast etc...

oh, and the framerate on the pro drops quite a bit when the screen fills with enemies - all of the above have been reported to the devs so hopefully a patch will resolve certain things? I was on version 1.01 for my review. The game does look really nice though.

I'll have my full review - which is about 3000 words! up on www.squareXO.co.uk on Wednesday and I have posted an intro and ending comparison on YT that I'll put in another forum post :)

• Like 1

Just an update - just got off a Skype message chat with the devs - I'm still a bit shocked by it. They had thought they resolved the issues I had, I record all my gameplay when reviewing, so with that footage they should resolve the issues soon. They said a patch is incoming and will let us know when that is.

They also confirmed there is no Ulukai song at the end, regardless of percentage (for now). So yeah, I'll keep you updated if I hear anything :) So far I've helped the Inner World 2, Dungeons and Outcast with reporting the bugs :) Just wished we got review codes a few days earlier - could have had the update ready for the day 1 patch then :D

4 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Just finished the game.

Gosh this has so many glitches, it's embarrassing. But, at least none of them break the game. Just the story and the mood. 

haha yeah! The devs are aware of it though - a patch is due out soon to fix all animation bugs, make the final essence stone not spawn whilst you are underground - meaning you miss it, hopefully offer some kind of supersample and control changes (as it only runs in a higher resolution if you have a 4k tv atm) and fix the other bugs and glitches that may affect certain quests. They have also said they may try and get the Ulukai dance back in it as well - I'm hoping they do as I have a 100% save sat there waiting to be loaded once it's added!

2 minutes ago, turniplord said:

haha yeah! The devs are aware of it though - a patch is due out soon to fix all animation bugs, make the final essence stone not spawn whilst you are underground - meaning you miss it, hopefully offer some kind of supersample and control changes (as it only runs in a higher resolution if you have a 4k tv atm) and fix the other bugs and glitches that may affect certain quests. They have also said they may try and get the Ulukai dance back in it as well - I'm hoping they do as I have a 100% save sat there waiting to be loaded once it's added!

I hope so! I too sent them feedback, a big list of weird stuff.

I just stopped at the plat, and I'll wait for the patch to finish up the sidequests. As soon as I start missing the game properly, I'll 100% it again on steam, as I have it there as well :) 

On 18/11/2017 at 9:58 AM, fbdbh said:

I hope so! I too sent them feedback, a big list of weird stuff.

I just stopped at the plat, and I'll wait for the patch to finish up the sidequests. As soon as I start missing the game properly, I'll 100% it again on steam, as I have it there as well :) 

Awww, you should at least finish the game. I had about 3 hours left after getting the plat as I hadn't done any of the events that occur after getting a Mon. If you have been doing them as you go along then you may only have an hour or 2

15 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Awww, you should at least finish the game. I had about 3 hours left after getting the plat as I hadn't done any of the events that occur after getting a Mon. If you have been doing them as you go along then you may only have an hour or 2

It can wait, I did the original dozens of times, this year as well, so it's still fresh :)