Deadpool to be delisted on November 16th

SnowxSakura

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/11/13/activision-39-s-deadpool-getting-delisted-again.aspx

"Activision's Deadpool game has had an odd history that just sort of keeps getting dumber.

The game originally released in June 2013 to less than stellar reviews. Due to licensing issues, the game was subsequently delisted from digital distribution services in January 2014, six months after release. Following the success of the Deadpool movie, Activision relicensed the existing title and remastered it for PlayStation 4 and Xbox one, relisting on digital services on November 2015.

Now, two years later, the game is getting delisted again. On November 16, the game will disappear from services for what one assumes is the final time. This two year stretch since the last relisting has been the longest stretch of time the game has been available.

If you are eager to own Deadpool digitally, and I have no idea why you would be, you have until this Thursday to do so and the rest of your life to regret that decision."

4 minutes ago, AydenBonnette said:

So if my little brother owns this game physically can he still earn trophies once they shitcan it? Also when I watched him play I was laughing at the humor the game brought so "regretting my life decision to buy the game" for him isn't there, because we both enjoyed it.

You can still earn trophies in it, even the digital version you would still be able to earn trophies. You just can't purchase it digitally from the store.

• Like 1

How dare they to remove digitally the game with the best Platinum name ever?!?! ?

I mean, come on...

“You Can Sell the Game Now”

Cannot be that revelant!

Anyway, as I already told, licensing stuff are always doomed to be gone at some point... Let the games live forever!

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

How dare they to remove digitally the game with the best Platinum name ever?!?! 1f624.png

I mean, come on...

“You Can Sell the Game Now”

Many folks cannot sell this game if they like me buy it digital so this plat description is WRONG!!! ? ?

Still better than many other plat descriptions ?

Edited by Evil_Joker88

i bought the ps3 version, though guess i will have to take note of the delisting and put it on my need to buy list. there's a couple others on the ps4 i need to get (spiderman 2 and this game listed). ps3 is taking the priority right now i gotta get something toward the end of the month it's already pre-decided. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

I played a bit of the ps3 version on my other ps3. It seemed fun. Not sure why the hate. Guess people just need something to bitch about. 

It's a fun game. I checked out the PS4 version from my library, and I might check out the PS3 version later and double plat it. 

4 minutes ago, Freelancer Tex said:

Wow I had no idea a 65% rating was “less than stellar”. This article reeks of bias. 

There is no question whatsoever that a 65% rating is "less than stellar". In fact, I would guess that in all of history, no one has referred to a grade/rating of 65% as "stellar", though it is funny to think that it has:

KID: Hey dad - I got a 65% on my math test!

DAD: That's stellar!

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's a fun game. I checked out the PS4 version from my library, and I might check out the PS3 version later and double plat it. 

There is no question whatsoever that a 65% rating is "less than stellar". In fact, I would guess that in all of history, no one has referred to a grade/rating of 65% as "stellar", though it is funny to think that it has:

KID: Hey dad - I got a 65% on my math test!

DAD: That's stellar!

Less than stellar is most often used to refer things that regarded as very, very poor or bad. Deadpool is not.

Edited by Freelancer Tex

36 minutes ago, Freelancer Tex said:

Wow I had no idea a 65% rating was “less than stellar”. This article reeks of bias. 

What? It's not even 65 on metacritic, it's 60. That's absolutely "less than stellar" no matter how you look at it. Stellar means outstanding or superb, and the scores this game got are pretty unremarkable. Take into account that most major reviewers tend to grade games on the educational system scale where a 60 is equivalent to a D- and it looks even worse.

How in the world is it biased to point out that every professional review for the game was mixed at best when that's 100% the truth? Every single review for the PS4 version is listed under mixed and all of the reviews say that the game is very flawed. The guy writing the article is only pointing out the universal opinion of the critics who wrote about the game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

What? It's not even 65 on metacritic, it's 60. That's absolutely "less than stellar" no matter how you look at it. Stellar means outstanding or superb, and the scores this game got are pretty unremarkable. Take into account that most major reviewers tend to grade games on the educational system scale where a 60 is equivalent to a D- and it looks even worse.

How in the world is it biased to point out that every professional review for the game was mixed at best when that's 100% the truth? Every single review for the PS4 version is listed under mixed and all of the reviews say that the game is very flawed. The guy writing the article is only pointing out the universal opinion of the critics who wrote about the game.

This quote and your username are singing in harmony right now ?

Sucks the merc with the mouth is being silenced though digital media. I loved the game when I played through it on my ps3. Never really wanted it on my ps4 though.. Might have to snag it before it's gone.

• Like 1

I got the PS4 version when it went on sale a couple of weeks ago. Should have gotten the PS3 version as well.

Duck Dynasty, another Activision game, was also delisted yesterday. Glad I got it on Sunday for cheap even though I probably would never play it (but easy trophies right lol). 

Edited by lordzeze