Help me understand Why some Trophy Hunters feel its fine to marginalise players with alot of Plats

AffectatiousDonk

44 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

Nobody is marginalising anyone for their list. Different players have different goals.

Youre just a special case @CjShai.

It's a shame but your right. I don't accept BS, and it looks like I'm not the only one (probably like you) 

This is the first time in months we are seeing the other side please keep posting, it's obvious I am not fighting for my cause. I am just fighting for us to be left alone 

Some people have spent a lot of time, years even, getting to 100 plats with games that actually require skill. Nowadays you can get to 100 plats with shovelware in a month. As such, they feel it trivializes their own progress because as it was said earlier some believe "a plat is a plat". 

I do not subscribe to the "a plat is a plat" philosophy so it truly doesn't bother me personally. I have some hard plats and some easy plats. I find its not the number of plats a person thats impressive, it is which plats they have, rarity and completion %. 

That's my opinion, everyone has their own way to game.

• Like 4

I'm not too bothered what people think but us with a lot of platinums are considered spam accounts or whatever. I worked damn hard on my account and only have a handful of super easy platinums as reward for my hard ones.

It's kind of ridiculous I'll be in that category just from people seeing my numbers. But I guess, that's just how it is. Now, I don't know what people would consider my account. I genuinely don't think I've just spammed my account with easy trophies, I've got a lot of games that require work but I'll probably no doubt be considered a spam hunter cause I have some double stacks and a couple of easy ones.

It's getting a little out of hand these topics because everyone has different opinions. 

Edited by Meacham
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Meacham said:

I'm not too bothered what people think but us with a lot of platinums are considered spam accounts or whatever. I worked damn hard on my account and only have a handful of super easy platinums as reward for my hard ones.

It's kind of ridiculous I'll be in that category just from people seeing my numbers. But I guess, that's just how it is. Now, I don't know what people would consider my account. I genuinely don't think I've just spammed my account with easy trophies, I've got a lot of games that require work but I'll probably no doubt be considered a spam hunter cause I have some double stacks and a couple of easy ones.

It's getting a little out of hand these topics because everyone has different opinions. 

I agree, it's so hard to know how to label anyone. So why should we. Happy hunting man

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CjShai said:

I agree, it's so hard to know how to label anyone. So why should we. Happy hunting man

I wasn't moaning about the topic either, I just feel that some people have such a strong belief to one idea that it in turn becomes toxic towards others. I love the open discussion, it's healthy and it's great to see so many opinions but on the other hand like mentioned.

I literally don't label anyone other than gamer. If people want to JAP VN let them, if people want to team up, let them. If people want quality (even though it's such a subjective term) let them. I literally just label people gamers no matter the profile.

Edited by Meacham
  • Like 1

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

?

Come on man, don’t talk mince.

You started a whole topic about ‘elite’ hunters which - by your own stated admission  - was just to get a reaction and to stir the pot.

No one is saying you can’t feel however you want to feel about your trophy list, but it’s silly to suggest that you ‘just want to be left alone’, all the while starting topics like that one and this one.

You aren’t new here - you knew exactly where that conversation would go,  just like you know exactly to what extremes this one will - it’s happened enough times before.

It’s fine - at least I certainly have no problem with it - discussions are good and heated debate can be fun....

but c’mon dude.

Don’t pretend you want to be ignored.

You want the swirling mess of arguement and hot-tempers and passive (and sometimes not-so-passive) aggressive behaviour that this kind of topic always generates. You want them to boil and writhe and bubble all around you. You want it to reach a crecendo so that you can ‘step up’ and post what you feel is a calm, reasonable reaction - making you feel like a bigger man than everyone else.

It’s not that big a deal - It’s just a forum. There’s nothing so terribly wrong with what you are doing - it happens everywhere where people discuss things they care about eventually.

We all need some validation every now and then...

But let’s call it what it is. 

Denied. There is no reference to elite here. That is solely you. I was deadly serious about being left alone. Now don't call me out then placidate your argument in your last paragraph. I wish my gaming to be left alone but I am more than happy to take a stage for the right to be left alone. Both are very different issues. Now don't mock me and answer the question why you think it is ok to address people like me in the manner you have, particularly in how it affects your trophy hunting

I just like to marginalize people.

• Do you wear long pants? Marginalized (I wear shorts, punks!)
  • You comb your hair? Marginalized (use a brush!)
  • Do you eat cereal? Marginalized (hot breakfast is where it's at!)

It's just a natural extension to marginalize spam hunters. Unless you actually eat Spam. Then you're OK in my book.

• Like 3

I just wish people would get on with what they like, and stop being mean to others who like playing games differently / earning simpler plats etc. I've got a fair amount of easy ones myself, but I couldn't care less what people think of it - sometimes its nice to relax and play through something short, whereas sometimes its good to spend hours and hours :)

• Like 2

I guess if all you got is "spam", then that does say something about you. If you got a lot of good games or difficult games etc AKA non-spam, then I don't care how many "spam" you got. I judge you not by what you haven't done (completion ratio) or by what easy games you've done (spam), but rather by what you like to play and what you've been able to accomplish in games etc.

Actually, I judge you worse by too high completion ratio. :P It just says something about you. I'm not talking only like 95% or something...

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

@CjShai May I ask you how old you are?

Because I have read a few things written by you and about you. Your infamous ''Elite-only'' thread for example.

'Bout ten years ago, maybe 11, I was in a WoW forum where I spent really much time. As if that wasn't sad enough on it's own I couldn't handle critique very well.

I felt that half of the forums didn't get my point and acted like assholes about it. So I started attacking groups of people out of the blue because I found them guilty of the same kind of behaviour. Fighting fire with fire, eye for an eye kinda stuff.

Surprisingly that didn't go too well.

To cut a long story short I left the forums. I destroyed my reputation.

Even folks I never talked to wouldn't have a conversation with me. Maybe I was also a bit paranoid at that point but today I wouldn't wonder if that was the case.

That was around the time I first experienced social absue. I couldn't handle all the coming of age stuff, school, bullies and of course my non-existent love-life. In my head I was fighting all that crap, at the one place I felt strong enough to do so.

The stupidest part of all this is, that I really liked that forum. I was ashamed about myself, about my behaviour, and didn't had the guts to go back and apologize. I fucked up the one place for myself where I could, in theory, be anyone I wanted to be. Just by holding on to a grudge.

Nowadays I just don't talk to people like them.

Yes, they still irritate me and I still sometimes think they're assholes. But let's face it, some people just are jerks.

TL:DR: I acted like a ♥ and it came back on me. Don't do the same.

I don't know if you feel like this is pertinent to your situation, I'm just saying, don't push it too hard. In my experience members here are pretty decent human beings. Of course there is the occasional black sheep, but you don't want to be that black sheep.

I really think you just should let this whole topic go and move on towards having fun in the community.

These are my two cents to this.

Sorry if this is really bad written. I did this in many parts with many breaks in between cause I'm at work and I don't have the time to re-read it now.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 2

On 11/15/2017 at 5:35 AM, CjShai said:

I don't do this degrading personally, but I'll just say what most think.  A good lot of you "spam hunters" only play junk games and pretend you're the greatest trophy hunter there ever was because you're 100x "faster" than people who plat Super Meat Boy or Max Payne.

Edit: But in this petty war you vocal groups are having with each other, you "spam hunters" are the "aggressors" and started this crap with the elitism you portray. This isn't directed at one person, but look at all these trophy contests and tournaments about who is "best" and the elite among PSNP, all it is are people spamming super fast crap games and saying you're the "best."  

Tldr: Stop boasting how you're awesome if all you do is play Mayo and Letter 10x in one day and claim you're AWESOME if that's ALL you play, when comparing yourself regular hunters.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3

Honestly it doesnt matter how many plats one has,as long as your enjoying hunting down those trophies it doesnt matter.its all about priorities how much one is willing to spend on multiple plats of a same game.As long as all trophies are earned legitimately its all good.

Edited by alired7