Help me understand Why some Trophy Hunters feel its fine to marginalise players with alot of Plats

AffectatiousDonk

Honestly, I don't care if you hunt trophies or not. Some people just want to play the game and enjoy the experience, and some do that (plus get said games trophies) as a challenge and/or something else to do. 

For me, trophy hunting is more of an accomplishment (and I'm sure a fair few feel the same way). I, for one, have a mix of very easy to a few extreme and I enjoyed every single one (except for a few that were complete bs) but I'm proud of them all. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

I'm gonna balance out all these "why care?" posts and say that I deeply care about people with trash plats and that it will be my life's purpose to search for these folks and ridicule them.

I'm sensing the sarcasm is strong with this one. LOL

To be honest I couldn't care less about anyone's trophies aside from myself, and maybe a couple of trophy hunter friends where it's more about seeing what they play rather than judging what they play. It's not like any of this actually matters in real life, it's just a hobby/obsession for many of us and something that adds to the gameplay experience (mostly).

I never understood why some people think that it's their purpose in life to judge other people's lists, or to throw out comments in various threads about how some people don't "deserve" to get certain trophies that are only intended for the "elite", etc. They're games, we play them (presumably) to have fun, and we occasionally obsess over trophies while we do this. Beyond that it means absolutely nothing, and if one player feels like stacking My Name Is Mayo on multiple platforms and different PSN regions then that's their business, not mine. I may not understand why they choose to do this, but the thing is that I don't have to understand, because it means nothing and it's none of my business.

To each their own and all that. I've got better things to do in my gaming life than worry about the virtual accomplishments of complete strangers.

Edited by Swotam
Typos and shit
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Swotam said:

To be honest I couldn't care less about anyone's trophies aside from myself, and maybe a couple of trophy hunter friends where it's more about seeing what they play rather than judging what they play. It's not like any of this actually matters in real life, it's just a hobby/obsession for many of us and something that adds to the gameplay experience (mostly).

I never understood why some people think that it's their purpose in life to judge other people's lists, or to throw out comments in various threads about how some people don't "deserve" to get certain trophies that are only intended for the "elite", etc. They're games, we play them (presumably) to have fun, and we occasionally obsess over trophies while we do this. Beyond that it means absolutely nothing, and if one player feels like stacking My Name Is Mayo on multiple platforms and different PSN regions then that's their business, not mine. I may not understand why they choose to do this, but the thing is that I don't have to understand, because it means nothing and it's none of my business.

To each their own and all that. I've got better things to do in my gaming life than worry about the virtual accomplishments of complete strangers.

Well said, my friend.  Well said. *slow claps*

• Like 1

I don't think it matters if someone thinks less of me because of the games I choose to platinum. Everyone gets their entertainment differently. It can be enjoyable to pop ten platinums at once for some people and there's nothing wrong with that. Spamming easy games to get easy platinums is certainly not something I get enjoyment out of so I avoid doing it but I don't look down on others for having the majority of their 90-60% platinum rarities. 

Play what gives you pleasure. Other's can voice their opinions but it shouldn't make you feel less of a person because of a virtual accomplishment. 

8 hours ago, Joker said:

@CjShai May I ask you how old you are?

Because I have read a few things written by you and about you. Your infamous ''Elite-only'' thread for example.

You write very well, and I understand your point of view. I am sorry you had that experience years ago I can imagine it was awful at the time. Not that this has anything really to do with the topic of the thread but I am not young, nor do I mind how anyone perceives me in this community. One of the things about being "old" is that you don't care what others think of you, it is one of the best advantages perhaps. Also I believe someone can argue a point and it not be used to define them, now perhaps that is my naivety on how online communities work. Either way I don't take any comment personally I am just interested in understanding others real views. Perhaps I am seen as inflammatory (or infamous - lol, unfortunately I doubt it though) although I think the regular group of gamers I play and talk with would find this amusing. 

As for this thread, perhaps we can all agree what everyone does is their own concern and dump both sides of this trophy hunting ugliness that serves no one. 

Edited by CjShai

help me understand why some people marginalise other people with a lot of...?

fill in the ending...why are people insecure about others' abundance?...is it really a lack of understanding here?...if so, then perhaps the answer lies in insecurity, fear, and jealousy..."i'm not happy with the way my life is so if you just did (this), I'd be happy" or "everyone should do things as I do cuz my way is right/the best"...common mindsets in society...fortunately, the problem only lies on the end of the person thinking this way...my advice?...laugh it off and move on...take it a step further by showing love and acceptance in return...

it's a predominantly material world we live in where a lot of our identity comes from labels and possessions...perhaps it kind of makes sense that some people feel a need to marginalise others...maybe a trophy collection is all they've got in life or something of great value...great, takes all types to make the world go 'round so maybe it's not such a bad thing if they express their anger in a relatively harmless manner involving overanalysing and finding meaning in trophy lists...

everyone's at a different phase in their personal evolution...gotta love it...

edit: couldn't this thread be kind of seen as "let's marginalise those who marginalise others" (as in having root in the same emotions as those marginalizing trophy hunters) or do you really not understand why people would act this way?...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3

Why do people care :( Just play the damn games already.

I have plats in Mortal Kombat, Star Ocean, Resistance 2, 3D Dot Game Heroes...but also have plats in Kung Fu Panda 2, Mega Mind and Man vs Wild.

Sometimes I plat games for the challenge, sometimes I plat games for competitions and sometimes I plat games because I think it will be funny...but in the end why should you care what I plat.

• Like 4

I personally think some people don't really deserve to make threads like this that could very well offend those of us who like to interact with the community.

I care and then I don't care. I watch a few Youtube channels that focus on trophy hunting. PS4Trophies (Brian), Powerpyx, KingSuperOne, TrophyHuntersGaming (Carlos aka CMH777/CARLOHAS), StayPationt just to name a few. There are a couple other channels I know of, but they have a very small audience and they haven't quite got the following as the channels I listed.

In a way, yes I do care. If I didn't care, why would I of joined up on these forums three years ago?

It's entirely up to you whether or not you want to hunt trophies. I'm okay with people wanting their account reviewed by someone else, what they think they need to work on. Most people don't care about that but for the few people out there who do it's a way to improve and strive on reaching a goal.

Enough of this elitism bullshit. You are what you are and nobody, especially on an internet forum, can force you to change your ways because they don't agree with how you play and pick games. Topics like this tend to divide the community rather than have a group of people that go "Hey, you earned the platinum in said game, great job man" and "Congrats on a big accomplishment".

If you don't like getting trophies and just want to casually play for fun, that's completely fine too. Don't force people to play this because they have too many easy games, don't force people to go easy because they enjoy speedrunning and playing for accomplishment. Everybody has their own tastes.

No need for pitchforks and mud slinging. We've seen enough of that already in discussions like this.

14 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

...dismissed people with accounts lower than PS Level 55 (an oddly arbitrary number 1f914.png)...

whoa, whoa...hold up here...i think you made a typo...didn't you mean the greatest oddly arbitrary number ever?...marginalised... 

Edited by ProfBambam55

Had a pretty decent day today, how are all of you going?

Fairly rainy most of the day, I enjoy it more than the intensely sunny days though, What kind of days do you guys prefer?

Anyone have any recommendations for games I don't have?

What are your thoughts on Skyrim VR?

I hope everyone has a good weekend, I'll spend mine playing The Witcher 3, what is everyone else currently playing?

Have a lovely one my dudes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Im suprised no one's given props to @CjShai for having 1,259 games played on his profile, that's almost a new game launched every day for 4 years lol

You go brother!

Just doing my part to support the industry ☺️

54 minutes ago, spazza136 said:

Had a pretty decent day today, how are all of you going?

Fairly rainy most of the day, I enjoy it more than the intensely sunny days though, What kind of days do you guys prefer?

Anyone have any recommendations for games I don't have?

What are your thoughts on Skyrim VR?

I hope everyone has a good weekend, I'll spend mine playing The Witcher 3, what is everyone else currently playing?

Have a lovely one my dudes.

I don't have any more likes left unfortunately (sorry). I love lateral thinking, it reminds me of my fav post about my dog Ralph and how it likes Persona 5. It's amazing how often it flies straight over the top .......

3 hours ago, AlphaTrash said:

spam enabling opinions

Lol, I do enjoy your wit ☺️

Edited by CjShai

18 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

I'm gonna balance out all these "why care?" posts and say that I deeply care about people with trash plats and that it will be my life's purpose to search for these folks and ridicule them.

While I know you're joking, I'm glad you said it, because I was getting pretty tired of the "who cares?" nonsense, too.

Of course people care. That's why they're here (or, at least, I hope that's why they're here). And while I spoke facetiously above, I actually do care about my plats, and the plats of others, and silently judge them based on observation. But I don't create narratives about their whole lives based on their plats. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Pointless thread not to mention there's no such thing as a spam hunter either :/ 

Did you miss my first post? There's some crazy guy stalking around sniping spam. Denying his existence is a good way of getting some perfectly good lunchmeat assassinated.

On 15-11-2017 at 11:41 AM, Ric said:

article-1299114-0A9ED170000005DC-996_964

Please, for the love of pork. Stay vigilant.

• Like 1