Disney Cuts Ties With Gazillion - Shuts Down Marvel Heroes

Dog_of_Thunder

13 minutes ago, Blissey said:

Still, the people who dumped a ton of money into this have to be pissed, though they really only have themselves to blame.

Why do they have themselves to blame? Microtransactions are how F2P games make their money and when the game launched I doubt anybody thought that it would be shut down in less than 6 months. But I agree that no one should have spent money in the last month as the writing was on the wall. I only spent $30 back in the summer but I feel bad for those who spent $100's on this game and for those that bought the rip off Omega packs when they came out.

Edited by lordzeze
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Maaaan, I haven't even started this game yet. No reason now, getting deleted.

I still have to level up 3 more characters, re-level up 1 character for the prestige trophies and reach max level for a legendary item. I'm going to wait until they announce the day the game is shutting down (to see if I have enough time) before even attempting to finish the game. 

A good game tarnished by some bad decisions at the top along with the board of the company putting in a scumbag as CEO.

RIP Marvel Heroes, had fun with you on PC and console.  I'd be more bummed about this, but I've moved on after 100%ing the game and the one DLC list they put out.  Guess I can finally delete it off my PS4 since I kept it around in the event other DLC lists came out.

26 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

Why do they have themselves to blame? Microtransactions are how F2P games make their money and when the game launched I doubt anybody thought that it would be shut down in less than 6 months. But I agree that no one should have spent money in the last month as the writing was on the wall. I only spent $30 back in the summer but I feel bad for those who spent $100's on this game and for those that bought the rip off Omega packs when they came out.

Yeah, you have a point. Like you said, when it was clear the game was crashing, any spending should've stopped ASAP.

I spent more than I should have on it. And while I did enjoy it, definitely feel regret about it [stopped before Omega packs tho! Don't even think I played the game when those were out anyway - no new trophies :P]. lol But at least my plat will stay ultra rare? xP

It's a shame, it's a solid enough game. Not fantastic, but the business decisions were atrocious. Pricing was majorly whacked. The only good thing they did was the... forget what it's called, the bonus you get for buying *something* (even the lowest amount). You got Nightcrawler, and splinters for daily logins.

IMO, they should have gave infinite storage and larger inventory. That alone would have made the game far more accessible. Oh well. No point talking about it now.

Edited by Elvick_

Just now, DocHolliday25 said:

I only need one more trophy lol. Any word on when the servers will be shut down? I haven’t seen any word on a time frame.

i would work on it now, they at least give a month's notice of the shutdown. they did this for the infinity games.

just gotta keep eyes open to see actual date (haven't given an exact date) found another link to the website.

Edited by kingdrake2

22 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

No one knows because the company hasn't even had the decency to tell us the closure date. My guess would be 2hrs a day would be insufficient even if it had 1 month left.

Thanks for the reply, I'm glad I put this on my list and decided  to never play it after one day.? fuck.

Edited by AydenBonnette
I'm a mongeloid ape who can't spell

41 minutes ago, AydenBonnette said:

It it even possible for me to complete this game if I play it for 2 to 4 hours everyday until the shutdown?

Probably not, the trophy to get a maxed out Legendary is pretty damned grindy unless you spend money and get XP boosters.

The Marvel Heroes servers will stay on until Dec 31, 2017, and we’ll be removing real money purchases as soon as possible. Players will be able to play the game entirely for free once this sunset period commences. We will share the exact date things go completely free as soon as we can.

https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com/discussion/11145/official-statement-from-gazillion

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, rpg49ers said:

The Marvel Heroes servers will stay on until Dec 31, 2017, and we’ll be removing real money purchases as soon as possible. Players will be able to play the game entirely for free once this sunset period commences. We will share the exact date things go completely free as soon as we can.

https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com/discussion/11145/official-statement-from-gazillion

Does this mean all characters will be free to play soon?