Disney Cuts Ties With Gazillion - Shuts Down Marvel Heroes

Dog_of_Thunder

So we have ~46 days until server shutdown (reported date: Dec 31st, 2017). Some stuff that costs money now may be made freely available but for now there's no telling what. Assuming nothing useful is made free, is it possible to 100% this game in the time allotted without spending any money on it? It looks like spending money on it won't be an option for much longer anyways but really, who would want to support this game now. Fastest times for 100% on PSNP are under 2 weeks but they probably used XP boosters. Anyone with experience playing this game care to comment? Can you get the DLC trophies free?

Edit: Apparently the game got delisted from PSN shortly after I started downloading it. D: Also according to a post on the official forums everything now costs 1 unit of currency and apparently you get some currency every 5 min in game or something like that.

Edited by mking_63
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, mking_63 said:

So we have ~46 days until server shutdown (reported date: Dec 31st, 2017). Some stuff that costs money now may be made freely available but for now there's no telling what. Assuming nothing useful is made free, is it possible to 100% this game in the time allotted without spending any money on it? It looks like spending money on it won't be an option for much longer anyways but really, who would want to support this game now. Fastest times for 100% on PSNP are under 2 weeks but they probably used XP boosters. Anyone with experience playing this game care to comment? Can you get the DLC trophies free?

Edit: Apparently the game got delisted from PSN shortly after I started downloading it. D: Also according to a post on the official forums everything now costs 1 unit of currency and apparently you get some currency every 5 min in game or something like that.

still up on the uk store atm, just checked on my alt acc and all characters are unlocked and owned only costumes need to be purchased.
and can confirm all consumables items (xp, currency, supply boosts) are 1 unit each.

should make the plat a bit easier to do. :) 

also pretty sure the dlc trophies were included in an update.

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

still up on the uk store atm, just checked on my alt acc and all characters are unlocked and owned only costumes need to be purchased.
and can confirm all consumables items (xp, currency, supply boosts) are 1 unit each.

should make the plat a bit easier to do. :) 

also pretty sure the dlc trophies were included in an update.

Thanks for this post i'm gonna play this game now, i didnt want to have to mess around with grinding to unlock characters.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DocHolliday25 said:

I thought only the PS3 servers for DCUO were shutting down. Are all servers shutting down?

DCUO that runs on the ps3 and ps4. the only one that is shutting down in the future is the ps3 version only. if have some trophy's to earn or even wanting to try and 100% it completely it may be possible.

on topic, i'm going to start playing marvel heroes omega seems they reduced everything to 1 shard or credit. if anything i can begin my trophy hunting again after december 31st or plat on the current game it won't be a problem. can get the game downloaded by tomorrow.

Edited by kingdrake2

12 minutes ago, Malice_Mizer said:

The XP grind is hilariously short now with the 5x XP boosts being 1 shard/currency point a pop, just buy hundreds of them and scarf them down. Even on the 2nd difficulty level I'm clearing areas with tons of level ups. Can only imagine how much faster this makes the Legendary Item grind.

I just went straight to the store and unlocked the 100 relics trophy, its also self sustaining, as opening a stack of crates gives me more splinters to buy more chests. This is insane Anyway I just bought all the characters, regardless of if this is going to be a joke now. The marvel fan in me wants to try out everyone.

I think that it’s possible to get at least an A grade or better still an S, if one was to strickly focus on the game till the year is over. Stupid me forgot to do the 1.15 update so i am losing time here, but it’s on for trying to plat this game. This reminds me when i was rushing to do as much as possible before gotham imposters was taken offline. Much fun indeed. Wish you all the best of lucck

17 hours ago, lordzeze said:

Why do they have themselves to blame? Microtransactions are how F2P games make their money and when the game launched I doubt anybody thought that it would be shut down in less than 6 months. But I agree that no one should have spent money in the last month as the writing was on the wall. I only spent $30 back in the summer but I feel bad for those who spent $100's on this game and for those that bought the rip off Omega packs when they came out.

I agree. There should absolutely be an expectation that a game will remain available for longer than this.

11 hours ago, mking_63 said:

This is good fuckin news, hopefully the 100% is actually doable now in the time allotted.

12 hours ago, Xionx said:

Are Xp boost also help for Legendary xp? because its only thing i have to grind left.

playing the game now on my main, there's a combo boost pack that u can buy and also stack it 5 times to give u a better chance of legendary items.

prologue and level 1 done, alrdy hit lvl 10, alt ac took completing chp 1 to get to level 12, also got my 1st  legendary mark off the 1st boss so its a lot quicker now. :) 

Edited by Leenewbe

With the new 5x EXP effect going on, what's the fastest way to grind up a Legendary Item? I've just been repeating some of the super villain showdowns on Cosmic difficulty (repeating Blob for now) with a +255% buff and that amounts to roughly 1 and a half million XP per run of it, which is pretty busted as is, but is there any way to hit it even HARDER?

7 minutes ago, Orphioon said:

What would you give for a time estimate for the 100% now? I'm thinking about starting this, but don't want to rush 100+hours in a little over a month like qurare.

Honestly it doesn't look that bad now. Prior to the shutdown it's definitely like 100+ hours just thanks to the Midtown stuff, how long it takes to get 5 characters without paying and then actually grinding them up, and the Legendary Item EXP grind, but after all of these changes it seems like maybe 50-70 hours at most depending how far you're into it already? Ops can be done in a couple hours paired up with the bounty chests, Gazillionaire might take a bit, looting 100 artifacts is a pain since they're pretty uncommon, and defeating 150 supervillains in Midtown will take a couple hours since there's like 7 at most and 5 come from an event every 3 minutes but you have to hope tons of people help you out to kill them since they're damage sponges. Everything else is pretty easy.

• Like 1