Dessane's Platinum List

Dessane

Hi @Dessane! You're starting a trophy list on the same day as me...but you got quite the head start!

I'm sad that I no longer own a PS3 too. There are several games, like Dark Souls and Spec Ops: The Line, that I would love to go back and play, but there's no way to do that on the PS4. I'm glad we at least got a port for Dragon's Dogma and L.A. Noire... I plan to play those soon. Unlike the other two I mentioned, I never got around to those when I had a PS3.

So many games, so little time...

@Zoedown Yeah the PS3 had some awesome games, the problem for me was the little brother never let me get on it haha. Now that I think about it I wonder if he would give me his PS3 now that he has traded up. I'm really looking forward to trying L.A. Noire as i never got to check it out back in the day.

So many games, so little time is right, I swear my backlog gets longer every week no matter how much I play.

• Like 1

100%

Led1bfe.png

I picked up Child of Light when it was free on PS+ but never got around to playing it much, I put in about an hour the day I got it but pretty quickly moved on. Got back into it yesterday and just fell in love with it, the visuals and dialogue are very unique and just add to that dream-like quality that the game has. It is one of those games you like exploring just to try to find as much as you can. Trophy wise it is a pretty easy 100%, I'd say it took around 9-10 hours of gameplay but you could do it much faster than I did. Combat is pretty cruisy and overall just a fun game.

New Games

I keep saying I'm not going to buy anymore games until after Christmas but these sales keep being so tempting, the "Games for Under $15" sale in PSN Australia got me and I purchased Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack and Peggle 2 Masters Edition. Not huge games but two I've been wanting to check out for a while.

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 2

Getting through Peggle 2 pretty quick, its a nice hit of nostalgia as I loved the first 2 games back on PC. pretty cruisy trophy list but I'm sure the last few challenges will suck. Also picked up The Witcher 3 on sale so have added that to the backlog. That list just keeps getting longer.

• Like 2

:platinum: #26 :platinum:

Lc3b4f1.png

I picked up Peggle 2 during a flash sale last week and for an extra couple of dollars got the masters pack which gives two more characters. This made what could have been a frustrating platinum really easy as the extra challenges you get access to aren't required for completion but do count towards the challenge trophies in the base game. Overall this was a really fun and cruisy platinum and was a really nice hit of nostalgia.

Next on the list I plan on knocking out the last few collectibles for Assassin's Creed Unity but I am probably picking up a PS4 pro tomorrow during the Black Friday sales so if I do I'll be jumping back into Horizon for its DLC to see how the pro stacks up.

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 2

Finally went through my purchase history and added all those games to my backlog, I'm sure I'm still missing some but will chuck them in as I go. Planning to pick up Persona 5, Assassin's Creed the Ezio Collection and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 tomorrow after work so will add them if/when I buy them.

• Like 1

So with Black Friday been and gone I have a number of new games in the backlog

• Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
  • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix
  • Dishonored 2
  • Fallout 4

That's a lot of extra hours

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 2

:platinum: #27 :platinum:

L1c7a3f.png

So I was stuck at home sick yesterday with no drive to do anything productive so I bought Tales From the Borderlands and played through it for the day. Telltale games are always very cruisy platinums so it didn't take much effort to get through this one quickly. I think this was probably my favorite Tellltale game I've played so far, great sense of humour and I've always loved the borderlands world. Hopefully we will get a sequel but with the staff cuts at Telltale who knows if that will ever happen.

Also managed to pick up Hotline Miami for free from PSN, don' know how that happened but adding it to the backlog.

Also also (you can tell I write these as a stream of thought) I got around to setting up a wiki table for my backlog, super useful as it lets me see difficulty and estimated times for each game, check it out https://www.psntrophywiki.org/index.php?title=User:Dessane

spacer.png

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

How hard is OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood?

Honestly not too bad, once it clicks for you it's pretty easy, the hardest bit is probably the highscore challenges later on and those can be done pretty easily by just spinning and revert landing. I'd say it's like a 6 or so

• Like 1

So I picked up Persona 5 on the weekend and that has been taking up all of my time lately, It is sucha  good game and I can see why it had been getting the rave reviews from fans since it came out.

I've set up each of my platinum trophy images in the main post will now link to the trophy list of that game just as a way to see which game they are from if you don't want to open the spoiler tag. I have also added the icons from Project Platinum that I have earned as it will be nice to see those improve as I knock off games from my backlog.

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 2

@Cassylvania Persona 5 is awesome, It is pretty rapidly taking over as my GOTY, I'm planning to make it platinum #30. I have not been sleeping enough because of it, I keep saying one more day and suddenly I've been playing for an hour! Though my next few games are time sinks since I'm doing Persona 5 and after The Code of the Elves finishes I'm planning to plat the Kingdom Hearts Series. That will be a long grind.

I'm glad you like the image style, I thought it was a nice way to show the games and lets me differentiate between my plats and my 100s. Your post looks great with all the images like that. I do wish we could do hover text on images though as that would help when the images don't have the title in it. Hopefully Sly will put that in some day. 

Edited by Dessane

@Dessane Yeah, I keep hearing good things about it! I had debated making it a milestone too, but a lot of people have been getting it for plat 100, so I wanted to do something a little more original. Still, that platinum image is great.

Agreed on the images. I know you can add links to the images, so you could connect each image to its corresponding game in your profile or whatever, but that seems like a lot of extra work. I wonder how they choose the image for each game. It would seem to me that every image should at least include the game title...

@Cassylvania I've never claimed to be original :P but it is a great image. Yeah i took the time to link up the plats but that was ok because I only had a few and it just means I have to link each new one which is ok. It is just the inital time cost that can be annoying with linking up all the images. I can see both sides of the argument with title in the image though because I love the Heavy Rain one because I know instantly what game it is and its just a cool image. It does make it hard for people who haven't played it though.

@Dessane I feel the same way. Images with well-known characters (like South Park or Tomb Raider) or even lesser known characters (like Yarny in Unravel or that godawful chameleon in Spy Chamaleon) are okay, I think, even if they don't include the game title. The Saints Row games at least have the SR emblem. But then you get games like The Escapists or World of Final Fantasy, where the game image is just a trophy or medal. Even major titles like Skyrim and Dragon Age: Inquisition are guilty of this.

Maybe they could provide alternate images for games that don't include the trophy title?

Oh, and I see you just finished Tales From the Borderlands! That's probably my favorite game I've played this year.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

@Cassylvania An alternate image would be a nice way to handle it. Yeah I really enjoyed Tales From the Borderlands, I was at home sick feeling sorry for myself so I picked it up and played it in a day, it is the best way to experience the Telltale games I think, rather than getting them as they come out

• Like 1

@Dessane That reminds me of what I did with Breaking Bad. A few years ago, I was really sick, so I decided to watch the entire Breaking Bad series from the comfort of my bed. I hadn't seen it before, but that was the best way to experience that show. Sure, there are some downsides to binge-watching, but I'd rather do things at my own pace than the developers' pace. I can't imagine doing Telltale games any other way.

Which reminds me... I really want to play King's Quest, now that it's finished.

Good morning and happy monday. Almost done with my first Persona 5 playthrough and I have been loving it, I think I'll be able to get all confidants maxed out before the end of the game which will make my NG+ play just to get a few trophies pretty early so that is going well. Aiming to plat Color Guardians and Southpark Stick of Truth for The Code of the Elves and then finish Persona 5 as my number 30. Also picked up Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice today as it was on sale and I have seen really great feedback about it during the Game of the Year awards so I am looking forward to checking that out.

The list gets longer and longer....

:platinum: #28 :platinum:

L55e1b0.png

This has been on the back log for a while but I really enjoyed it back when I played it on PC when it came out, it is a pretty easy plat to get but does take a bit of help from a guide if you want to be sure you haven't missed anything. If you like South Park you will like the game.

As for my other games I finished my first play through of Persona 5 and only have a few trophies left to go clean up so that is coming along nicely.

Edited by Dessane

:platinum: #29 :platinum:

Lb53d0b.png

I love rhythm games, correction I love good rhythm games. There is something so rewarding about playing a game that you can see yourself getting better at, it started back in the days of flash games like Super Crazy Guitar Maniac. That led into Guitar Hero and Rockband and I was hooked from there. Color Guardians is kind of a rhythm game, it's not amazing but it is fair which is a good middle ground. The trophies for this one are pretty forgiving you only need half the stars in the game so you don't need to 100% every level which is a relief, I had the star trophies by the 3rd world of 5.

The last boss fight is a huge step up in difficulty but nothing too drastic and I think pretty much anyone could get the platinum in this, which is not true in some similar games. There was a few glitches with trophies not popping but I just did the requirements again and it would unlock. It seems you need to be playing as the main (red) character to unlock some trophies which is silly. So that's a heads up to anyone playing this one.

That knocks out my second game for @Toogie53's The Code of the Elves event so I've made good progress on that and leaves me with one game to go. The last game for that event I have been saving for my Number 30 platinum so that means it is back into Persona 5 for a bit to knock out the last few trophies, I expect it will be about 10 hours of game time to knock that one out but I enjoy Persona 5 enough that that isn't a problem with me.

After that I think I will go back and finish either the Crash Bandicoot collection or some Kingdom Hearts plats, both frustrating but for very different reasons. I also picked up the Ezio Collection for PS4 because I love those games and I have no impulse control when I am in a game shop.

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 3

I remember Color Guardians being a pretty fun game. I picked it up cheap because it looked colorful and fairly easy, and it didn't disappointment. I do remember a couple things being annoying, but I can't remember. Maybe the last boss? I do remember that trophy for dying 500 times being stupid/annoying, though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cassylvania said:

I remember Color Guardians being a pretty fun game. I picked it up cheap because it looked colorful and fairly easy, and it didn't disappointment. I do remember a couple things being annoying, but I can't remember. Maybe the last boss? I do remember that trophy for dying 500 times being stupid/annoying, though!

The trophy for beating the last boss without dying was pretty frustrating because it only counted if you used the main character, so i did t like 3 times in the end. On the birghtside I was very good at that boss level by the end haha. The deaths were also pretty annoying, I finished everything else and still needed like 200 deaths so that was a real grind. Overall though it was a pretty cute game that pulled off what it was trying to do so that's always good :) 

:platinum: #30 :platinum:

L2e514a.png

I picked Persona 5 up on a whim after I had seen so many different people raving about it and I am very glad I did. This game is strange and definitely not for everyone but I absolutely adored it. A great soundtrack combines with a great mix of colour and design graphics wise. After my first visit to a palace I was hooked. I loved the design of all of the palaces and I enjoyed the subtle and not so subtle nods at the targets personality (Penis monster in the first palace).

The characters are all pretty great and the story is very odd but very cool. I fell in love with this game pretty quickly and I knew I wanted it to be a milestone game for and luckily #30 was just around the corner. I'm definitely planning on going back and trying the other Persona games in the near future but right now I have no idea what my next game is going to be. If anyone has suggestions (they don't have to be on my list) send them my way.

Edited by Dessane