Dessane's Platinum List

Dessane

1 hour ago, regularegg said:

Dang, we've got a lot of games in common. If I counted correctly, we've got 12 shared plats, and another 5 are on my backlog.

How's Nier so far? It's one of the games I've been meaning to play eventually but never quite got around to. Maybe if I see it on sale for 20 or 30$ in the near future...

Yeah I'm really digging it aye, it really feels quite different from a lot of the other stuff I have played, the combat is tight and the story has this great balance of not telling you everything at teh startwhich I always like. The music is awesome and it is a beautiful game. If you only played once through it is pretty short but that isn't really the full game. Definitely worth picking up though!

Just now, CjShai said:

This is very well put together Dessane, I look forward to reading it properly. you have certainly amassed some great game plats in a short time. I had to laugh at your comment about having the money to buy games but not the time. It's a good problem to have, but it will probably get worse 1f600.png

Thanks man, I tried to make it good to look at at a glance and it has been a good way of helping me keep track. Yeah I bet it will get worse, definitely played a lot less during my last relationship! Defnitely better to have money and no time rather than the other way around though! I've been there too haha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dessane said:

Yeah I bet it will get worse, definitely played a lot less during my last relationship! Defnitely better to have money and no time rather than the other way around though! I've been there too haha

Of course, please feel free to jump into any of the party chats whenever if you like. I have a feeling it could be a good fun conversation. ☺️

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CjShai said:

Of course, please feel free to jump into any of the party chats whenever if you like. I have a feeling it could be a good fun conversation. 263a.png

Yeah Ethan added me into one on Monday but my mic was busted, gonna go get a new one soon and then I'll jump in a bit.

• Like 1

:platinum: #40 :platinum:

Ld87fc9.png

So this game was another real surprise. I had heard so much about Nier all over this site so I finally bit the bullet and picked it up when I saw it on sale at EB Games. Nier starts off just dropping you into the mddle of the story with no real idea what is going on. I loved the world and the characters from the start and the game is just full of little things that surprised me. The controls are tight and the combat is good fun feeling a bit weighty but not clunky. Graphically it is beautiful with really lovely designs for each section which makes up for being quite a small map. It is small but dense which really is a better thing.

The soundtrack is great, all the songs are beautiful and have this interesting style that fits with each area. The game does an interesting thing with trophies as well. After finishing the third part of the game an in game store unlocks which you can pay in game money to unlock trophies. I know some people would hate this but I think it is an interesting idea.

Next up I think I'll go for some nostalgia and play a bit of Ratchet and Clank. I loved those games back in the day.

Also, Toogie sent out the badge for doing the main part of the Love Boat event yesterday, I always dig his events because there is  such a good community in them plus it gets me to play games in my backlog that I wouldn't touch for ages otherwise. Plus the rewards always look great, check this out

dessane.png

Already trying to figure out my list for his next event

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 1

You still have Eb games? ? I thought those were all bought by gamestop a decade ago. Congrats on number 40 too and a really good plat to have as well. I have been looking at it too as well as Nioh. Not sure which to try first. I did just end up like ten more games in my backlog over the last week so may be awhile.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

You still have Eb games? 1f632.png I thought those were all bought by gamestop a decade ago. Congrats on number 40 too and a really good plat to have as well. I have been looking at it too as well as Nioh. Not sure which to try first. I did just end up like ten more games in my backlog over the last week so may be awhile.

Yeah in Australia we still have EB Games, I think Gamestop owns them though. It's a great game you should definitely check it out! Yeah my backlog grows way faster than I can play

• Like 1

100%

Lf8a677.png

Doki Doki Universe is a fun concept that just stays around way too long. You travel to planets and solve puzzles by summoning stickers that you have unlocked through either finding them or making friends. Overall it was a fun distraction but just a bit too long.

It does however do a really good job with one of its features, the personality tests were quite interesting, it will ask you a simple question about an image and over time builds up a pretty good understanding of who you are. If that had been the whole game it might have been better.

:platinum: #41 :platinum:

L800d7e.png

I was pretty close to buying this the other day, I'm glad I held off as it was one of the free games with PS+ this month. I loved the older games in the series and after hearing a lot of opinions about this one I was worried it wouldn't live up to the older games. This wasn't the case, the game is fun and all the weapons have their unique characteristics which makes it a fun time levelling all of them to the max level. The most annoying trophy would have been Death by Disco but as long as you keep track of it well you wiill get it halfway through your challenge playthrough.

The game looks amazing, the devs moved away from 60fps in the series to focus on visuals and you can tell, everything just looks awesome. Some of the characters have been changed quite a bit from their original forms but overall I didn't hate any of them.

Well worth checking out

• Like 1

:platinum: #42 :platinum:

Lba8c60.png

Stories was another one of my games from PS+ a long time ago. It has a really cute style and I loved the idea of it being a book read to you. The number of extra little lines and references were cute and many gave me a nice little laugh.

On the downside this game really overstays its welcome, there are 26 endings you need to unlock and each one really doesn't change much of the story, combine this with only 6 levels that are always identical and you can see why this game turned into a bit of a grind.

Overall it was a fun game but really could have been a bit shorter. My copy of Far Cry 5 was shipped last Friday so hopefully that will arrive soon and I'll jump into that as soon as it does. I'm also prepping my list for Toogie's new event Spring Fling so hopefully we will see a few quick finishes early next month.

Happy Easter

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #43 :platinum:

L99ac32.png

A nice quick one to start this month, Ether One is a puzzle game very similar to Myst. I loved the sound design and the story was told really well. The pnly problem I had with this game is it was a bit buggy and had a few crashes for me but overall a nice quick plat for my first game for Toogie's new event.

Next up is going to be Assassin's Creed Unity, I have finished all the story mission trophies and just need to do some quick co-op heists which can be done solo and finally grind out the 300 odd tchests that I have to get. Shouldn't take too long for this one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #44 :platinum:

Le47b38.png

Finally got around to finishing off AC Unity, I picked it up back when it first came out but it was in such a buggy state that I ended up dropping it and never got around to finishing it off. Luckily I had doen a fair bit of the game so it didn't take me too long to come back and knock off the last bits. After a few years of patches it works pretty well now. I must say I'm a little let down that the platinum trophy image doesn't have the assassin's creed logo like most of the others do.

My copy of Far Cry 5 arrived last week so I've been plugging away at that, I'm really enjoying it and have finished one region and plan on jumping into Faith's region next. trophies are popping without me having to go out of my way for them which is ncie so far. I took an evening to get all the Arcade trophies and while it's not terrible it isn't as fun as the main game so I'm glad to be done with that.

I've also got back into Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and have slowly started working through that, im playing on Proud as Sora and I think I am finally getting my head around how to build a good deck. That will be my backup game if I get bored (or finish) Far Cry. Have a good weekend all.

• Like 3

:platinum: #44 :platinum:

Lb3f7ed.png

As a fan of the Far Cry series I was very happy with this installment in the series. It looked stunning and the lack of minimap did not annoy me at all which was one of my concerns, the compass worked great for combat. I loved all the companions, usually I ran with Peaches and Boomer but they all were fun.

The multiplayer was a bit of a drag but all the trophies were done pretty quickly. I got the gold edition so I'm looking forward to getting into the DLC as they come out.

While playing a bit of trackmania last night I got my first trackmaster medal which was a nice surprise, I didn't realise I was doing so well on that level. Still plugging away at that one but that will be around for a while. Also fired up my next backlog game for the Australian Trophy League, Nom Nom Galaxy, knocked off a few trophies and it looks like a fun game so will get more into it over the coming weeks. I also watched Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days last night and that got me keen to get back into CHain fo Memories so that's the plan.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been away but Toogie finished up the badge from Spring Fling and I have added it to my profile,Like always he has done such great work

dessane.png

Currently I'm plugging away at a few things but with 12 hour shifts all week I doubt I'll get much gaming done, we will see

11 minutes ago, Dessane said:

So I've been away but Toogie finished up the badge from Spring Fling and I have added it to my profile,Like always he has done such great work

dessane.png

Currently I'm plugging away at a few things but with 12 hour shifts all week I doubt I'll get much gaming done, we will see

Good job, I got mine as well. It was also my first one. Hopefully we both keep to out summer goals as well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Good job, I got mine as well. It was also my first one. Hopefully we both keep to out summer goals as well.

They are always such good events. I've picked a game for each criteria for the new event but I don't know how much I'll be able to do! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #46 :platinum:

L1eea15.png

So this game started fun, I really enjoyed setting up my factory to make soup efficiently on each planet but pretty quickly became a real grind. Some of the pins you need for the plat take a huge amount of time after you have beaten the game which is a real drag. That combined with the fact that the servers were laggy as hell made the plat for this a bit of a pain but it is now done so that's another step closer to the big  #50.

With Toogie's new event starting up next month I'm going to start prepping some games for that over the next few days probably starting with Beyond Two Souls

• Like 1

12 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

Nice work on earning 46 platinums. Any plans on what game you are going to make, that milestone 50th?

Thanks mate. It's most likely going to be either kingdom hearts or kingdom hearts 2 for number 50. Always loved those games

Did a little moving around of the OP, not much of a change just added a now playing section which is pretty full at the moment thanks to Toogie's Camp event but I'll hopefully knock some of those out pretty quick.

Started up Far Cry 3 Classic Edition last night and it is good fun, it is nice to be back in that game since I really enjoyed it the first time I played. I'm aiming to knock FC3 and three othe games for the camp event and then I will throw myself back into the Kingdom Hearts series since I'm keen to get the other games prepped for plats

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:platinum: #49 :platinum:

L211fe7.png

Completely forgot to update this after my long weekend, oops. Blue Reflection was a very cruisy game but scratched that Persona itch I've been having for a while. Not as deep as a Persona game but still a fun one.

• Like 1