Battlefront 2 PS4 scores 0.9 on Metacritic

You

20 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

This is why reviews are stupid and meaningless. I bet half of these don't even own the game and never intended to, and are just participating in the meme to hate on the game. Much like downvoting that CoD trailer.

I was doubting to get the game so indeed I do now own this game. But these reviews are not meaningless. Atleast now I know how much of a pay2win this game is. I don't bother grinding for some unlocks or trophies but ~40 hours to get 1 main character is just plain stupid. I feel sorry for the developers but I'm jumping on this hate train, its about time that EA gets what they deserve.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Joker said:

The sad thing about this is y'all saying you won't be buying the game to vote with your wallet. Which is completely fine and the right thing to do.
But the ones paying the price will be DICE. As they will get closed if their games aren't selling well anymore.

Of course it's EA trying to force pay2win down everyboy's throat not DICE, but that didn't stop EA from closing Visceral soooo...

Thats the EA way of handling things.

I won't buy any EA products anymore until they stop punishing developers for their mistakes and shady business practices. This fucking bullshit has to stop.

I hate to think of the prospect of DICE being shut down by EA because of all of the folks that will lose their job.  On the other hand, if they aren't going to make another Battlefield Bad Company (I know it's not their decision), they aren't really putting out anything I want to play anyway.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

This is why reviews are stupid and meaningless. I bet half of these don't even own the game and never intended to, and are just participating in the meme to hate on the game. Much like downvoting that CoD trailer.

Honestly reviews are only worth reading/watching after a month of the game being out, weeds out the haters and fanboys who are biased.

Hate for microtransactions is understandable but a hate for the actual game without even giving it a go? I don't understand why people are riding the hate train for the sake of it. I don't even know where people got the whole 40+ hours to unlock a hero when it litterally only takes 2-3 hours of mp.

The micro transactions don't really effect the game as people cry about, you still have to level up to even use them and by the time you're right to use them you'd have gotten them anyway from regular lootboxes.

In no way am I defending microtransactions or EA, I still refuse to use microtransactions for any game reguardless of company. I bought the game for Star Wars and Star wars only, and I am immensly enjoying it and will still go for the platinum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I definitely feel bad for the devs. It's sad that they pour all their passion and hard work into this project just to have EA, a talentless gathering of suits, tear it apart. Hopefully more devs take the route Ninja Theory has and publish their own projects. Companies like EA are not only worthless, they're a detriment to the gaming industry. 

How naive are you? DICE is totally okay with it, they want to make as much money as EA does. Do you really believe the developers are saints that want nothing but the best for their players? DICE is just as responsible. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

Honestly reviews are only worth reading/watching after a month of the game being out, weeds out the haters and fanboys who are biased.

Hate for microtransactions is understandable but a hate for the actual game without even giving it a go? I don't understand why people are riding the hate train for the sake of it. I don't even know where people got the whole 40+ hours to unlock a hero when it litterally only takes 2-3 hours of mp.

The micro transactions don't really effect the game as people cry about, you still have to level up to even use them and by the time you're right to use them you'd have gotten them anyway from regular lootboxes.

In no way am I defending microtransactions or EA, I still refuse to use microtransactions for any game reguardless of company. I bought the game for Star Wars and Star wars only, and I am immensly enjoying it and will still go for the platinum.

Did you give the single player campaign a go, and if do then how was it?

I don't care about multiplayer and I don't bother with microtransactions. I pre-ordered Battlefront II because I could get it cheaply, figured I'd play the solo campaign and sell it on again but many things I've heard in the past few days make me unsure if I should get it or if it's for the best to cancel, play the other games I have (still have not gotten through Assassin's Creed Origins) and get this next year when it's available used for €10 or so.

I don't give a shit about loot boxes being in single-player games like Shadow of War but allowing someone to pay to get an advantage in multiplayer is garbage. I'll see how this goes over the next few months and maybe pick the game up on sale if some things have changed.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cubone said:

Did you give the single player campaign a go, and if do then how was it?

I don't care about multiplayer and I don't bother with microtransactions. I pre-ordered Battlefront II because I could get it cheaply, figured I'd play the solo campaign and sell it on again but many things I've heard in the past few days make me unsure if I should get it or if it's for the best to cancel, play the other games I have (still have not gotten through Assassin's Creed Origins) and get this next year when it's available used for €10 or so.

Honestly the sp feels way too short, absolutely beautiful but short. Its everything the first game should've had to make that one good. If you're just going to play sp and nothing else I'd reccomend waiting until there is a sale.

The mp however feels significantly better than the first, I'd atleast give that a go. The 'p2w' isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is, not once have I ever felt that I got killed because somone must've used microtransactions.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

I don't give a shit about loot boxes being in single-player games like Shadow of War but allowing someone to pay to get an advantage in multiplayer is garbage. I'll see how this goes over the next few months and maybe pick the game up on sale if some things have changed.

^this.

If you want to throw 500€ on boxes in shadow of war you don't hurt anybody but your own wallet.

Pay2win in a AAA multiplayer title is not acceptable

Edited by Deluziion90
added multiplayer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

I was doubting to get the game so indeed I do now own this game. But these reviews are not meaningless. Atleast now I know how much of a pay2win this game is. I don't bother grinding for some unlocks or trophies but ~40 hours to get 1 main character is just plain stupid. I feel sorry for the developers but I'm jumping on this hate train, its about time that EA gets what they deserve.

40h to get 1 main character is completely bullshit... 

I only need one more character then I have all of them. It took me only like 3h to get Vader. 

• Like 1

I wish to see the day all the studios EA shut down unite and publish their own thing, maybe a "space battles dead fields fall" or something (assuming dice and respawn shut down in the future).

Honestly they are cashing in on the fact that starwars is mainstream and alot of casual players who don't even care about how the industry works and won't mind paying a little more to get that star card they wanted so bad. If my whole annual budget for games go to one game or two I might actually do the same cause I would want the best gear in that one game I play all year long. Point is the system works for publishers and it's not going away any time soon :-(

2 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

it has been diseased by microtransactions courtesy of EA. 

...and your avatar is the cure!

Dead Wish 12 - The Fall of EA

5 minutes ago, MMDE said:

2017-11-16_13h47_52.png

There's always that one corporate shill. :) 

That post is so stupid, too. It reminds me of when Bart brings his report card home to Homer, with all A+ grades, and Homer says, "You know, a D turns into a B so easily. You just got greedy."

I mean, seriously, give the game an 8. Praise it, with light criticism of the loot boxes, and it probably flies.

45 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

I love that a community has this much power when it comes to crap like that. I mean we are talking about "real" games here and not about clash of clans.

What power has the community shown? I mean, if there is a large drop in sales because of this, I'll agree, but my guess is that people will still buy the game. Most will put it away after a few days. Some will buy the loot boxes.

1 hour ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

I don't believe that in the least. 

Edited by starcrunch061

48 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

Honestly the sp feels way too short, absolutely beautiful but short. Its everything the first game should've had to make that one good. If you're just going to play sp and nothing else I'd reccomend waiting until there is a sale.

The mp however feels significantly better than the first, I'd atleast give that a go. The 'p2w' isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is, not once have I ever felt that I got killed because somone must've used microtransactions.

Thanks. I don't mind 'short' but I do mind 'too short'. Rogue Squadron was over for me in abiut eight hours but the story wasn't rushed and it was fun to play over and over.

I didn't like Rogue Squadron 3 for doing foot missions, unfortunately what I'm hearing of Battlefront II is that the story is rushed and the really fun sections (with starships) are few and far between.

I never play any online multiplayer with randoms (and 99% of what I play is either solo or couch co-op), so the solo campaign is the only reason why I would get Battlefront II. I'm going to think it over today and tomorrow but I'm heavily leaning towards a cancel, getting the game after a while on a good sale.

The micro transactions are definitely annoying and it definitely gives people a advantage, but people need to stop with the “40 hours to unlock one hero shit” the heroes cost 5k, 10k and 15k respectively to unlock now. It does deserve the scores though. The game is a heaping pile of glitchy garbage, micro transactions withstanding.

Edited by Kubanga
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I'm sorry, but if you had to go to metacritic and look at arbitrary butthurt reviews from people who just want to shit on the game and EA, to know this then you fail at the internet. People have been droning on and on and on and on and on about this for awhile, all over the internet.

It's almost like you don't need reviews to find information. HMMM. I knew this stuff without reading a single review or going to metacritic! O: Magic.

Petty 0 reviews on Metacritic aren't going to do anything, and they only say how petty some gamers get.

Edited by Elvick_

3 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

I'm sorry, but if you had to go to metacritic and look at arbitrary butthurt reviews from people who just want to shit on the game and EA, to know this then you fail at the internet.

Why are the reviews "arbitrary" or "butthurt"? The answer: because of your own narrative. There is no qualitative difference between agreeing with the reviews 100%, and dismissing them out of hand. None.

You both "fail at the internet" (whatever that meme means).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

^this.

If you want to throw 500€ on boxes in shadow of war you don't hurt anybody but your own wallet.

Pay2win in a AAA multiplayer title is not acceptable

So if they stretch a single player game and make it over 10 hours longer than it should be because of loot boxes, that's ok?

These things hurt multi- and singleplayer in different ways. Doesn't matter how they are used. Games are worse with them. If you have the luxury of not worrying about meaningless grind for 10+ hours just to get to the real ending of a game that's good for you, but I simply feel like it's wasting my time on purpose for no other reason than getting more money from a small percentage of players.

Edited by soniq
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Why are the reviews "arbitrary" or "butthurt"? The answer: because of your own narrative. There is no qualitative difference between agreeing with the reviews 100%, and dismissing them out of hand. None.

You both "fail at the internet" (whatever that meme means).

Name an objective reason that this game should get a 0 at all. I'll wait. No I won't, because there is no answer. No one can actually articulate what exactly reduces, and adds, to their ratings. Scores are arbitrary. They are plucked from the sky. Go ask any reviewer to explain how they reached their score, their methodology behind it. They won't have one. Which is why when you see a 7, it means something different from John Doe seeing that same 7, and it meant something different to the person who wrote the review with a 7 at the end of it.

Not sure why you called a series of words a "meme". It's literally what it means. Someone incapable of seeing this information prior to now, and only through metacritic reviews clearly doesn't utilize the internet much at all. And thus fails at using it. Simple. It's not a meme. All over social media people have been talking about this stuff. Trying to justify the use of metacritic because you suck at using the internet otherwise, is silly.

People are just rating this a 0 because of the business behind the game. Not because of the game itself. That much is obvious. All reviews are pointless, they're opinions, not objective truths. Which is why some people don't even *care* about the business behind this game and are happily playing and enjoying it. Because even this is subjective, it doesn't matter to or affect everyone.

The lengths people go to support arbitrary reviews, and even more arbitrary review *scores* is beyond me. I guess it's too hard to think for yourself.

Edited by Elvick_

48 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Name an objective reason that this game should get a 0 at all. I'll wait. No I won't, because there is no answer. No one can actually articulate what exactly reduces, and adds, to their ratings. Scores are arbitrary. They are plucked from the sky. Go ask any reviewer to explain how they reached their score, their methodology behind it. They won't have one.

You can set up requirements to judge games by and score it thereafter.

Edited by MMDE

2 hours ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

Hate for microtransactions is understandable but a hate for the actual game without even giving it a go? I don't understand why people are riding the hate train for the sake of it. I don't even know where people got the whole 40+ hours to unlock a hero when it litterally only takes 2-3 hours 

But the thing is that they made microtransactions such a significant portion of the game. They are the game.

43 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Name an objective reason that this game should get a 0 at all. I'll wait. No I won't, because there is no answer. No one can actually articulate what exactly reduces, and adds, to their ratings. Scores are arbitrary. They are plucked from the sky. Go ask any reviewer to explain how they reached their score, their methodology behind it. They won't have one. Which is why when you see a 7, it means something different from John Doe seeing that same 7, and it meant something different to the person who wrote the review with a 7 at the end of it.

Not sure why you called a series of words a "meme". It's literally what it means. Someone incapable of seeing this information prior to now, and only through metacritic reviews clearly doesn't utilize the internet much at all. And thus fails at using it. Simple. It's not a meme. All over social media people have been talking about this stuff. Trying to justify the use of metacritic because you suck at using the internet otherwise, is silly.

People are just rating this a 0 because of the business behind the game. Not because of the game itself. That much is obvious. All reviews are pointless, they're opinions, not objective truths. Which is why some people don't even *care* about the business behind this game and are happily playing and enjoying it. Because even this is subjective, it doesn't matter to or affect everyone.

The lengths people go to support arbitrary reviews, and even more arbitrary review *scores* is beyond me. I guess it's too hard to think for yourself.

I find it humorous that you equate "thinking for yourself" with "sitting in an echo chamber". 

Of course a review is "subjective". However, you conflate this with "arbitrary". They don't mean the same thing, but it's the easy out for the enlightened thinkers on the internet...not to think.

And I stand by my statement: there is absolutely NO qualitative difference between agreeing with bad reviews 100%, and dismissing bad reviews out of hand as "arbitrary". None whatsoever. Physician, heal thyself.

34 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Sorry, but this is just not correct, at all. You can set up requirements to judge games by and score it thereafter.

You waste your time.