The Aussie Summer Trophy Shootout - Winner Readytofuky

1 hour ago, simpgraus said:

ATTN: It has come to my attention that a few things need to be amended in terms of rules and details.

Rule 3. All Entries must have 40 posts, this rules was just to stop the people that don't want to post anything, and comment on the thread.

there are two members that don't meet this requirement however they both all reply and make post in the thread so are more active then some of the other players.

so to make this rule still stand.. both @holdendude2626 & @AKA_TROJAN, are required to make at least 40 post before the end of Feb 2018.

Next thing is the Handicap System, i think to make it way more fair everyone that had a Negative handicap has been put back to No Handicap. However to keep give everyone a chance most people will keep there positive Handicap.

So @Orphioon, @MattyH16, @spazza136, @adam1984123, @Ethan, & @readytofuky. Have all had there Negative Handicap Removed.

There was a few changes in the Positive Handicaps as well.

@AKA_TROJAN from 50% to 30% , @BlackCatBurrito from 15% to 0% & @TheWayne-o from 55% to 60%

and one last thing.. Your Backlog games.you only earn X5 points on the game your choose (1 Stack), not multiply stacks. you will however earn normal and double points on other stacks.

Ok a final note.. do we want a Wooden spoon prize?

PS: A Full Points update will be posted soon, Plus the side content update will be coming in the next few days as well.. (all this work is getting me no trophies)

With my handicap removed; I might actually have a chance at winning this!

Just kidding; I've already lost.

1 hour ago, simpgraus said:

ATTN: It has come to my attention that a few things need to be amended in terms of rules and details.

Rule 3. All Entries must have 40 posts, this rules was just to stop the people that don't want to post anything, and comment on the thread.

there are two members that don't meet this requirement however they both all reply and make post in the thread so are more active then some of the other players.

so to make this rule still stand.. both @holdendude2626 & @AKA_TROJAN, are required to make at least 40 post before the end of Feb 2018.

Next thing is the Handicap System, i think to make it way more fair everyone that had a Negative handicap has been put back to No Handicap. However to keep give everyone a chance most people will keep there positive Handicap.

So @Orphioon, @MattyH16, @spazza136, @adam1984123, @Ethan, & @readytofuky. Have all had there Negative Handicap Removed.

@AKA_TROJAN from 50% to 30% , @BlackCatBurrito from 15% to 0% & @TheWayne-o from 55% to 60%

and one last thing.. Your Backlog games.you only earn X5 points on the game your choose (1 Stack), not multiply stacks. you will however earn normal and double points on other stacks.

PS: A Full Points update will be posted soon, Plus the side content update will be coming in the next few days as well.. (all this work is getting me no trophies)

I'm not a massive fan of the changes once we're already into the comp. I work my ass off for the week & in return I lose all positive handicap, while the dude winning the comp still gets a 30% even though he's got more plats than me (I assume that's not what you based the cap system off, but still) I think the better thing to do would be to scrap it altogether. Work on it & use it next time. Make this a real gentlemans game. 

In the end I'm just in it for the fun anyway, so I'm not bothered at all. Just food for thought. I'm happy to be put in the same realm as some of the big dogs *howl*

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Orphioon said:

I am pleased to see that me, myself, I everyone impacted by the negative handicap has had it removed and put back to 0%. All I ever wanted was a fair go. Will our scores over the last 9 days be rechecked and reflect this new change?

Let me say that I am very happy to be a part of this competition, I think it's a fantastic idea and I'm glad to be able to support the generous people who host these competitions and offer prizes. I've met quite a few people in these events and enjoyed gaming with them.

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way, I'm not criticising, but offering an opinion. Over the Christmas and New Year holidays, many people have a lot of social functions happening this time of year. Some people go travelling, some catch up with family, some have extra work commitments. It is hard to apply handicaps around this time of year because this is generally the time of year when our lives are the most unpredictable and busy. Those who may normally earn in excess of 300 trophies a month might only see 50 over Christmas for example.

I think the fairest thing to do (if we are changing rules as we go) is remove all positive and negative handicaps to give everyone an equal chance. It takes away any possibility of someone calling favouritism. @simpgraus, I'm not going to argue or rage quit if you don't, I'm enjoying the event regardless of where I sit on the leaderboard and I understand if you want to keep things as they are for now. You've still made a top effort for your first comp and I look forward to being a part of season 2 a year from now.

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 3

Yeah I agree with BlackCat and Matty. It was good of you to want to try different rules and see how it goes but the system is very flawed unfortunately, the % system should just be scrapped especially because it ostracised players and made Fisty leave which isn't cool.

And also the whole "40 posts to enter" rule was odd, usually hosts make that rule to make sure they don't have people enter that will sign up and then never be seen again but you ended up ignoring your own rule immediately and letting two people in that didn't fit requirements. Don't get me wrong though I'm happy for them to compete, I just think making a rule then going against it while also making amendment to it that defeats the point of it entirely is a very strange choice.

And what's up with the whole team thing? When starting I was certain this was an individual comp then out of nowhere people were talking about "Team Everyone Vs Team Hurrumba Bumba" or whatever. I think some things definitely need to be ironed out and explained properly so we're all on the same page mate.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, readytofuky said:

On Thursday I got some bucket list trophies done, finally beat the crab 2 boss in sayonara umiharakawase (stats show 200 failures 1 clear). The amount of times I beat the boss and died on the way to the exit is embarassing. Later on that day I hammered the crap out of Dark Awake, became the first Australian, 40th person here to 100% it & the 5th fastest achiever. Looking at the trophy list for it I'm wondering what the bonus points are this month for 'blonze' trophies. I earnt 7 of them so I hope it's at least 10x. It was a good day of contrarian hunting in any case.

This morning did a boosting session from the front page here & got the 4-player online Street Fighter 3 trophy so just the trials left for 100% (haha).

And don't forget you also helped me with Hatsune, I would still be trying to decipher that stamp trophy without your assistance. Very much appreciated. Even though I have no power to award anyone anything in this comp I am going to award you my MVP. Thanks ☺️

3 hours ago, spazza136 said:

"Team Everyone Vs Team Hurrumba Bumba"

lol, come now we earned our name Irrumabo non est datum  heck the 3 of us have literally Pediabo ego vos et irrumabo everyone that came up against us. Including a founding team member. So I suggest having a read of the delightful Catullus 16 before it plays out again here. And what is Hurrumba Bumba and does it involve octopi

zzZbqDBKfW-15.png

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, CjShai said:

lol, come now we earned our name Irrumabo non est datum  heck the 3 of us have literally Pediabo ego vos et irrumabo everyone that came up against us. Including a founding team member. So I suggest having a read of the delightful Catullus 16 before it plays out again here. And what is Hurrumba Bumba and does it involve octopi

zzZbqDBKfW-15.png

I chucked that phrase into translator and it spewed out "It is not given Gobs" so go ahead and call yourselves that if you want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spazza136 said:

I chucked that phrase into translator and it spewed out "It is not given Gobs" so go ahead and call yourselves that if you want.

Lol it seems google translates knowledge of Latin is playing a joke on you. The definition it is providing is more literal than you think "gob". You should consider learning some though it makes you sound incredibly educated and it's perfect for backhanding someone while they smile on through their ignorance ?

But if nothing else would recommend reading some Catullus,it really shows how stayed the 20/21st century is.

Edited by CjShai

3 hours ago, CjShai said:

”Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo”. Got to be a new team motto right there lol. Good old Catullus really had a way with words!

I thought the team comp was mentioned in the first post of the thread, @spazza136 - just for fun, doesn’t effect the main comp, teams can’t win prizes, can a team of 4 beat the combined raw points score of all the individual entrants?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

I'm not a massive fan of the changes once we're already into the comp. I work my ass off for the week & in return I lose all positive handicap, while the dude winning the comp still gets a 30% even though he's got more plats than me (I assume that's not what you based the cap system off, but still) I think the better thing to do would be to scrap it altogether. Work on it & use it next time. Make this a real gentlemans game. 

In the end I'm just in it for the fun anyway, so I'm not bothered at all. Just food for thought. I'm happy to be put in the same realm as some of the big dogs *howl*

ok i have listened to your points. and are glad your just playing for fun its meant to be fun..

i also like to point out with the change that was made, you have lost less points then the leader did in terms of total points... u gained 500 points on the leader with this change.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, spazza136 said:

Yeah I agree with BlackCat and Matty. It was good of you to want to try different rules and see how it goes but the system is very flawed unfortunately, the % system should just be scrapped especially because it ostracised players and made Fisty leave which isn't cool.

And also the whole "40 posts to enter" rule was odd, usually hosts make that rule to make sure they don't have people enter that will sign up and then never be seen again but you ended up ignoring your own rule immediately and letting two people in that didn't fit requirements. Don't get me wrong though I'm happy for them to compete, I just think making a rule then going against it while also making amendment to it that defeats the point of it entirely is a very strange choice.

And what's up with the whole team thing? When starting I was certain this was an individual comp then out of nowhere people were talking about "Team Everyone Vs Team Hurrumba Bumba" or whatever. I think some things definitely need to be ironed out and explained properly so we're all on the same page mate.

Flawed its has bugs nothing is perfect.. Very flawed i think not.. we will have to see in the long run.

with all the negative removed and most of the positives reduced. it will be fairer for all. there is no obstruction to players earning heaps or very little.

off course there will be people with big score, there are prizes to get. however most players are very close to each other you will see in a few days.

as for more changes i don't intent on making anymore changes. However No promises!

as for fisty he did choose to leave, wasn't forced!.

Ok. onto the topics about 40 posts..it was more to try and sort player out.. however the two that a below are friends that wanted to support me in the competition. They have been more active then some of the other players in regard to post and playing along in the thread. Both will make more then the required number by the end of the comp for sure.

and one the final point i think @Warlord99956 may have already said this. the side or (team content is nothing but bragging rights for CJ ego..)

it is just a challenge Main comp vs the Wild Card. It has been at the bottom of the main post since the start.

Hope that clears a few things up..

14 hours ago, readytofuky said:

I'm pretty happy to have the handicap removed but I'll still probably go with the usual amount of self-sabotage.

On Thursday I got some bucket list trophies done, finally beat the crab 2 boss in sayonara umiharakawase (stats show 200 failures 1 clear). The amount of times I beat the boss and died on the way to the exit is embarassing. Later on that day I hammered the crap out of Dark Awake, became the first Australian, 40th person here to 100% it & the 5th fastest achiever. Looking at the trophy list for it I'm wondering what the bonus points are this month for 'blonze' trophies. I earnt 7 of them so I hope it's at least 10x. It was a good day of contrarian hunting in any case.

This morning did a boosting session from the front page here & got the 4-player online Street Fighter 3 trophy so just the trials left for 100% (haha).

Last night I was useless even after having dinner so tonight I'm gonna try not to knock back those cans so fast.

About some of the comments above with the 40 post thing it's designed so someone doesn't just post once & never again/not participate but that Trojan guy seems like OP's mate, maybe in RL so there shouldn't be any worries there? I agree though his handicap is too generous for someone who seems totally capable. Also not particularly bothered by that. I think it's nice everyone's prematurely ejaculating mayo jars let's see what else you've got for the next few months :)

The teams are the 15 of us earning points who can win prizes vs the other 5 who can't, it's just something for 'fun' that doesn't affect the competition as a whole. That's my understanding on that stuff anyway.

Happy hunting,

i think his handicap is about right he go back to work and he is doomed LOL

and the team bit is correct apart from the other team we are just 4 ...or did we gain a member @CjShai ?

• Like 2

10 trophies a day for say 300 points average. 2100 a week. 8400 a month. 25,200 points for the competition. 30% of that 7561. That's almost a months worth of points for free.

Anyone can simply look at the person's leading the comp & copy the games they're playing, we can all finish them in around the same time. There is the problem.

Most of us work & have lives around this regardless. We shall see though, perhaps he won't come close to winning & this won't be an issue. He seems very capable though. 

Anyhow, I still wish the best of luck to everyone. I'm still very excited to be involved. 

4 hours ago, simpgraus said:

@Warlord99956

Happy hunting,

and the team bit is correct apart from the other team we are just 4 ...or did we gain a member @CjShai ?

I have to work too. Can I have some more handicap?

Honestly man, it's your comp so you do as you wish, but changing stuff halfway through and then giving someone more handicap (who can punch out 3 plats in a day) because he goes back to work soon is odd. 

Should we all send you our personal schedules over the next 3 months so you can change handicaps based on that? I'll be on holidays with no access to trophies for the best part of January but I ain't getting special treatment. 

As has been said previously, thanks for your generosity by running this thing, but the handicap system is very flawed and has now been changed and your own rules have been bent to satisfy some people. It should have just been everyone is off scratch from the start and the rules apply to everyone - no ifs or buts. I don't care because I am never going to win anyway, but it seems the general consensus is people would have been much happier with that setup than what has become of this. 

Just my 2c.

• Like 4

Nothing much to report but I'll have another platinum tonight or tomorrow.

20 hours ago, CjShai said:

And don't forget you also helped me with Hatsune, I would still be trying to decipher that stamp trophy without your assistance. Very much appreciated. Even though I have no power to award anyone anything in this comp I am going to award you my MVP. Thanks 263a.png

Yeah full disclosure I did help with this, 'other team' or not I joined the forum to share and obtain information. I wouldn't think twice about helping out with anything else either. That goes for everyone here, if you're playing something unpopular or Japanese & see that I've obtained whatever trophy you're curious about just ask & I will do my best to help.

8 hours ago, simpgraus said:

Haha, fair enough! Dunno why I thought 5 people though.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:25 PM, Feral said:

Ha ha ha ha if I talk a big game then maybe you'll get caught up in the banter. So then I'll slide in under the radar and beat you :D

You know me mate, I always get caught up in the banter regardless :lol:

On 12/7/2017 at 10:35 PM, Feral said:

Ah you guys make me feel a million times better about my backlog lol.

Amen to that! I have a considerable backlog (so large that I'll probably never get around to playing everything) but nothing close to 400+ games.

On 12/8/2017 at 1:43 AM, damage_6-9 said:

Damn, there goes my hopes and dreams of the wooden spoon, might have to go to Woolies and buy my own....... just won't be the same....☹️

Don't count yourself out yet mate, come the end of the competition you'll be right up there (or down there in this case) with the likes of feral and I battling for the spoon :P

On 12/9/2017 at 0:37 AM, simpgraus said:

Your Backlog games.you only earn X5 points on the game your choose (1 Stack), not multiply stacks. you will however earn normal and double points on other stacks.

What!? This is absolutely outrageous, how dare you clarify the rule so I can no longer double stack bonus points! Just kidding :P. Thanks for clarifying the rule, at the time it wasn't clear whether I could do this or not but I thought that I'd try and pull a sneaky move to give myself an advantage. I may have selected different backlog games had I known this but at the end of the day it is what it is and I'll move on.

I don't think we need a prize for the wooden spoon, you've been more than generous with the prizes already!

I look forward to seeing a full points update soon :). All the work makes you realise what it takes to run a successful competition and appreciate everything that others do to run similar events. I'm lucky that I have Matt to help me with my competition.

8 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

I have to work too. Can I have some more handicap?

Honestly man, it's your comp so you do as you wish, but changing stuff halfway through and then giving someone more handicap (who can punch out 3 plats in a day) because he goes back to work soon is odd. 

Should we all send you our personal schedules over the next 3 months so you can change handicaps based on that? I'll be on holidays with no access to trophies for the best part of January but I ain't getting special treatment. 

As has been said previously, thanks for your generosity by running this thing, but the handicap system is very flawed and has now been changed and your own rules have been bent to satisfy some people. It should have just been everyone is off scratch from the start and the rules apply to everyone - no ifs or buts. I don't care because I am never going to win anyway, but it seems the general consensus is people would have been much happier with that setup than what has become of this.

Have I missed something, I thought that the only one he actually increased the handicap for was me (it actually puts how bad a trophy hunter I am into perspective given my handicap has gone from +50% to +55% and now to +60% :lol:)?

This might be an unpopular opinion but I like what simp has done with the latest updates (not just because I got an extra 5%, we all know that even with a 60% handicap the best I'll do is probably lower-mid table), he's obviously seen that the original system was flawed and tried to fix it to create a more even playing field. Should he have changed it once the competition got underway? Perhaps not given everyone signed up based on the original system but if changing the values slightly 10 days into the competition to avoid all the complaining about the values towards the end of the competition then I'm all for it. The values weren't based upon every single person's amount of time they get to play games, they were based upon the number of trophies earned over the past 12 months by the player. Things were always going to pop up (especially during the holiday period) that means you won't always have the opportunity to play games, that's life and I'm sure that everyone will be in that boat at some point throughout the competition. No matter what simp comes up with, there is never going to be a perfect system.

The way I see it is we have 2 alternatives, continue with the changes that he's made or scrap it and go back to the original system. The latter means that everyone who had negative handicaps will get these back again and the current leader of the competition with go back to a +50% handicap (as opposed to the new +30% one) meaning he pulls further ahead at the top and can potentially run away with the competition almost unchallenged if they keep earning points at the current rate.

• Like 3

Just going to put it out there if you think the top 3 are smashing it and getting to far ahead then Surely the complaints about - % being made to 0 and +% being reduced should be a welcome rule change no? If Greg has seen a gap so large he felt the need to equal it out be grateful just think what it could have been after three months if my maths is correct alot more ppl gain from the rule change few loose from it myself being one of them.

Myself I call Greg a friend I assume most of you are friends of Gregs I doubt many if any of you are randoms. As a friend of Greg's I would assume most of you would know him well enough that he's a straight shooter no bs sort of fella.  the fact ppl are implying he's showing favouritism and mocking him with backhanded comments is uncalled for. 

• Like 3

Congrats Team Australia, I am quite happy with my December haul so far and thought we would be quite competitive, so there must be a few of you guys that are really smashing it. Well done.

On a different note I just picked up Zombie Army Trilogy in the 2 4 $40 Sale and wanted to see if anyone feels like co-oping the campaign. I am pretty free this month so could start whenever (nights are usually better). Be warned I am not gifted in the way of the shooter so it could be an interesting experience. On the plus side though occasionally I am funny (occasionally). Do these two balance out well that will be for you to decide.

Just message me if anyone interested.

• Like 1