The Aussie Summer Trophy Shootout - Winner Readytofuky

Catch me slipping this week, I was almost with complete disinterest in games but I tried my backlog one this morning & it's pretty cool. I think I'll at least beat it once & see how I feel from there but then I've got the day off & I'm not exactly playing anything now. Speaking on the mundane, mowing the lawn today in the full blown heat after I let the yard go for weeks with 4ft grass made me feel both alive & close to death, felt great.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, simpgraus said:

Minus Points. Not sure about that..

I hope you display it in your gaming room after this comp.. ?

Lol damn it, might just have to leave the consoles off til March.

Ha ha ha ha oh for sure, I'll extend the house and make a wooden spoon trophy room.

Edited by Feral
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, readytofuky said:

Catch me slipping this week, I was almost with complete disinterest in games but I tried my backlog one this morning & it's pretty cool. I think I'll at least beat it once & see how I feel from there but then I've got the day off & I'm not exactly playing anything now. Speaking on the mundane, mowing the lawn today in the full blown heat after I let the yard go for weeks with 4ft grass made me feel both alive & close to death, felt great.

Might be time for a little break ?. Either that or something totally different, maybe some Mario 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Feral said:

Clearly Ethan has rethought his wooden spoon dreams. But looks like Wayne is keen for a second, might have to get into the minus points to secure this one 1f914.png

Hmm, am going to Bali next month, (just for something completely different) want me to see about getting one custom made for you?

1 hour ago, damage_6-9 said:

Hmm, am going to Bali next month, (just for something completely different) want me to see about getting one custom made for you?

Lol that would be awesome mate, a custom Balinese wooden spoon. Wayne would probably try and steal it from me, the bastard.

4 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

You want boogie board size?

3 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

........Comes with free accommodation at the luxurious Hotel K :)

How could I say no. I'll just have to remember to constantly deny it's mine when asked though.

• Like 3

On 09/01/2018 at 5:07 PM, CjShai said:

Might be time for a little break 1f600.png. Either that or something totally different, maybe some Mario 

I did end up playing some no-trophy games that got me a bit back into it. Now I'm thinking it might be nice to experience skipping 3 VNs at the same time, one on each system. I usually handwrite notes for this sort of thing so that would be a bugger but apart from that, could be fun. Last Saturday I tried to play night trap, had my notes leaning against my ipad & tried to swipe up on the paper. I knew it was time for a break when that happened.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, readytofuky said:

I did end up playing some no-trophy games that got me a bit back into it. Now I'm thinking it might be nice to experience skipping 3 VNs at the same time, one on each system. I usually handwrite notes for this sort of thing so that would be a bugger but apart from that, could be fun. Last Saturday I tried to play night trap, had my notes leaning against my ipad & tried to swipe up on the paper. I knew it was time for a break when that happened.

Noice, 3 VN skipping really is the new norm. Lol swipe up the paper like it. I avoid making a plan before I start any game, that sort of behaviour leads to a high probability of finishing a game. That being said I have just sketched out my Night in the Woods roadmap (great game but some of the trophies are finicky). And just about to take a look at putting together a Persona 5 plan thanks to the fantastic tips from Dessane. 

Now that everyone seems to be over the initial trophy haul and settled back down to snail pace thought it would be fun to see what everyones long term games are for this year. I am going to throw out a recommendation for FFXIV. If you aren't not adverse to subscription the game is amazing. Especially if you join a Free Company. Very friendly community always happy to help out. The story starts off slow but the 1st expansion onwards is very good. I am hoping to hit up FFXII, Yakuza 0 (story not plat), Persona 5 (story / maybe plat), Monster Hunter World and maybe Sword Art Online Hollow Realisation. If anyone doing same games and want to share any info/tips always happy to.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

Noice, 3 VN skipping really is the new norm. Lol swipe up the paper like it. I avoid making a plan before I start any game, that sort of behaviour leads to a high probability of finishing a game. That being said I have just sketched out my Night in the Woods roadmap (great game but some of the trophies are finicky). And just about to take a look at putting together a Persona 5 plan thanks to the fantastic tips from Dessane. 

Now that everyone seems to be over the initial trophy haul and settled back down to snail pace thought it would be fun to see what everyones long term games are for this year. I am going to throw out a recommendation for FFXIV. If you aren't not adverse to subscription the game is amazing. Especially if you join a Free Company. Very friendly community always happy to help out. The story starts off slow but the 1st expansion onwards is very good. I am hoping to hit up FFXII, Yakuza 0 (story not plat), Persona 5 (story / maybe plat), Monster Hunter World and maybe Sword Art Online Hollow Realisation. If anyone doing same games and want to share any info/tips always happy to.

I will be getting back into the grind for BF1 multiplayer trophies which is just kills with certain guns in specific ways just very luck based with a couple of them. After that just finish off a few games before new ones come out.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2018 at 8:12 PM, Feral said:

Clearly Ethan has rethought his wooden spoon dreams. But looks like Wayne is keen for a second, might have to get into the minus points to secure this one 1f914.png

The goal is always to add to the wooden spoon collection! :P

On 1/9/2018 at 6:43 PM, Ethan said:

giphy.gif

Jeez, there was no need for that Ethan!

20 hours ago, simpgraus said:

Loving all this wooden spoon back and forward..  i have decide there is going to be a wooden spoon. getting @Feral PSN id engraving next week or you think that's too early yet.

Plus anyone seen @TheWayne-o or @patrickogorman19. Maybe they want the wooden spoon?

Yeah I'd go ahead and get it engraved mate, we all know that feral is going to "win" the wooden spoon :lol:.

I've just been caught up doing other stuff recently. I'm planning to switch the consoles back on this weekend when the girlfriend goes out, a few hours to sit down and get in uninterrupted gaming time lol. Or perhaps I just stopped playing because Beach Buggy Racing is the pinnacle of video games and I know that I'll just be disappointed by everything else? 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, simpgraus said:

Loving all this wooden spoon back and forward..  i have decide there is going to be a wooden spoon. getting @Feral PSN id engraving next week or you think that's too early yet.

@adam1984123 is still killing it, and has moved to 3rd Overall. Slowly eating into AKA_trojan lead.

Next update will be posted on Jan 14th the Half way point..

Remember Golden Games and your Silver trophies

Plus anyone seen @TheWayne-o or @patrickogorman19. Maybe they want the wooden spoon?

DRUBA4I.png

When is the next team update coming?