The Aussie Summer Trophy Shootout - Winner Readytofuky

Congrats @readytofuky, great to see you win. I don't think there was another player that played such a wide array of games and genres. I noticed you seemed a little disinterested in Far Cry 5 earlier on but perhaps you may change your mind. There will be a group of us working through it together no doubt so please jump in for some co-op at anytime if you feel like it. Look forward to continuing to read your posts which are always interesting and often filled with delicious black humour. Goodluck with your next event and keep up with the guide writing, you have a talent for it.

Congrats to @AKA_TROJAN and @MattyH16 looks like it was very close at the top, well done on a good season. Congrats to everyone that entered hope there were some fun times and enjoyment in the mix. Trophy comps are a funny thing sometimes but I think the people you meet far outweigh the results.

Thanks as always War and K for another fun event, I was surprised at the volume you both put in. It really pushed me on, if this keeps up it is going to be a massive trophy year ☺️. Also thanks to Simp for joining us.

Finally thanks @simpgraus for running this event, I am sure you can attest it is never easy. Perhaps somethings could have been different but at the end of the day you created a community which allowed us to meet new gamers so that was great. On a personal note I have no problems with your own trophy numbers for the event. I did warn you though at the start we take it quite seriously as the trophy numbers illustrate so I think this conclusion was somewhat inevitable. Perhaps just give it some time and enjoy your life stuff, always fun talking, lots of laughs. 

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 4

Thank you to everyone who competed, well done to the prize winners (I'm trying to decide between Rapala Pro Fishing and Little Nightmares to spend my winnings on) and thank you @simpgraus for running the event. It's not always easy to have these things run smoothly but as @CjShai mentioned, being able to meet, talk to and play with like minded people is a reward in itself.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, simpgraus said:

Ok its time.. the final results

The winner with a massive score of over 106K..is @readytofuky. you have been smashing it the whole time congrad's on the win. (PM your postal details)

Runner up @AKA_TROJAN with 81K. job well done. and in third place @MattyH16 has come from the clouds 77K.

I will PSN message your your prizes tomorrow morning.

Now the wooden spoon...  im sorry @Feral but @Ethan has somehow beaten you by just 660 Points

and the draw for the lucky dog.. well sometimes u just get lucky coming last.. that right @Feral you are the lucky dog.

V5ioov4.jpg

Congratulations to all the winners (yes even feral, I'm using the term "winner" very loosely here)!

I'm pretty happy with my output from this competition, a massive 91 trophies in 3 months is quite impressive. I'm also the only player in the competition who managed to earn double digits! :P

• Like 2

On 02/03/2018 at 9:56 AM, CjShai said:

Congrats @readytofuky, great to see you win. I don't think there was another player that played such a wide array of games and genres. I noticed you seemed a little disinterested in Far Cry 5 earlier on but perhaps you may change your mind. There will be a group of us working through it together no doubt so please jump in for some co-op at anytime if you feel like it. Look forward to continuing to read your posts which are always interesting and often filled with delicious black humour. Goodluck with your next event and keep up with the guide writing, you have a talent for it.

Thanks mate & yeah I did end up asking for PSN credit instead. See a couple of years ago I worked on GTA 5 pretty hard until it was done. For me 300+ hours is not a value proposition & I saw that time spent as something like a debilitating addiction. When it was done I swore it would be at least a year before I did more Open World/3D shooting/Racing. Eventually I'll come around & want to play those sorts of games again but I wanted that time off so I can be enthusiastic when I do play those sorts of games. I'm almost there.

Appreciate that acknowlegment of diversity in my titles, I'd like to think there's no game I wouldn't at least try to have a go at & understand. I know a lot of people IRL who just play one or two things but spend as much time or more than I do & I don't really get why a lot of people don't check different stuff out, I'm sure everyone knows at least a few people like this though.

Would love to coop with you fellas sometime, would be cool to do something like Spintires: Mudrunner which has a few online trophies but then IIRC the rest can be earned in coop sessions as well & the game is better done that way. I have that one installed just been meaning to spend a week learning it. Anyway I'll keep an eye out for community sessions & hopefully one day I'll actually have the damn game & can join in & contribute.

• Like 3