Star Wars Battlefront 2 microtransactions removed (for now at least)

Superbuu3

5 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

At the end of this, its pretty clear.

I have issues with all non cosmetic microtransactions, you have issues with microtransactions in certain games. Thats the basis. That can't be denied.

Also look here:

I already said it. So don't act like I changed my stance thats a non edited post before all of yours.

I can certainly deny that, and I will.

I don't have issues with microtransactions at all, I just want a solid single player campaign. That's what my opinion is. I don't play multiplayer and I don't care about it. As I said in my first post complaining when you and another user said Battlefront II and GTA V were alike: if Battlefront II had had an awesome single player campaign that was worth the full game's price, I'd still be buying it. The microtransactions and pay to win practices is not why I cancelled my pre-order today, though EA's shitty attitude in general certainly was a contributing factor.

I am willing to admit I misinterpreted the way you started talking about GTA V when prompted, but I stand by my own point as well: there's pretty crucial differences between the two games that make it a pretty different situation.

• Like 1

Just now, Cubone said:

I can certainly deny that, and I will.

I don't have issues with microtransactions at all, I just want a solid single player campaign. That's what my opinion is. I don't play multiplayer and I don't care about it. As I said in my first post complaining when you and another user said Battlefront II and GTA V were alike: if Battlefront II had had an awesome single player campaign that was worth the full game's price, I'd still be buying it. The microtransactions and pay to win practices is not why I cancelled my pre-order today, though EA's shitty attitude in general certainly was a contributing factor.

I am willing to admit I misinterpreted the way you started talking about GTA V when prompted, but I stand by my own point as well: there's pretty crucial differences between the two games that make it a pretty different situation.

OK thats fine, I can completely respect that opinion, I won't even comment further. If you meant what i thought above that came across as hypocritical and biased, my main issue is when people seem to turn a blind eye to certain game companies doing shoddy things. Like I said this isn't me saying let EA off because you let someone else off, my point is we have to make a point to complain as a group to all the companies who try to change things for the worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrickenBiged said:

Thoughts? 

Sounds like it would make for more enjoyable multiplayer for sure but I need a more fleshed out single player campaign before I commit.

Also, it's EA - I don't think they have never listened to good advice. Except for "Hello, Bob Iger speaking. Stop having people use "Disney" and "gambling" in the same tweet or we're pulling the plug."

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Well, we're officially a bunch of idiots.

Yeah, still nine million units sold is much too much, and EA will (as many of us warned) definitely put back the microtransactions, while not having learned a single thing except to be even sneakier next time.

Goes to show that most of the gamers don't care at all, they just want their new Battlefront and FIFA and Call Of Duty. It's depressing, and it's ruining the industry.

I'm glad they didn't get a cent from me, and at this point I'm reasonably sure I won't ever buy an EA game ever again.

• Like 1

After seeing the comparatively small impact of star cards, I don't think the option to buy crates for real money is that big a deal - especially not compared to all the other problems this game is suffering from.

Sure I'd prefer there not to be any microtransactions at all and I see where this might lead to in the future. But if selling some low-level gear to those willing to pay for it gives them an incentive to fix the bugs and issues with the rest of the game, then I think it will still lead to a better game overall.