40% OFF on Black Friday PSN Sale! I'm pissed!

Andreh-Feijoh

12 minutes ago, Andreh-Feijoh said:

I was trying to defend this game, i really am enjoying, i love racing games, and i think the gameplay on this one is good, actually. Sure, the action scenes and races were... awkward, and the shipments are just bs.

But after 10 days, the game is already 40% off, the deluxe edition is cheaper than the regular edition on launch... screw it, screw EA, i'll never buy anything from them again, unless it's so cheap, or i'll buy it used from someone else... even if they make Skate 4!!! wait..... YEAH, EVEN IF THEY MAKE SKATE 4, they'll just charge you 0.99 each wheel, anyway.

I should have learned it by now.... NEVER. PRE-ORDER. ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY FROM EA!

happens to the best of us, bro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andreh-Feijoh said:

I was trying to defend this game, i really am enjoying, i love racing games, and i think the gameplay on this one is good, actually. Sure, the action scenes and races were... awkward, and the shipments are just bs.

But after 10 days, the game is already 40% off, the deluxe edition is cheaper than the regular edition on launch... screw it, screw EA, i'll never buy anything from them again, unless it's so cheap, or i'll buy it used from someone else... even if they make Skate 4!!! wait..... YEAH, EVEN IF THEY MAKE SKATE 4, they'll just charge you 0.99 each wheel, anyway.

I should have learned it by now.... NEVER. PRE-ORDER. ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY FROM EA!

This game broke my heart.  It is terrible.  Sure, the driving may be fun, but the speed cards are absolute shit and ruin any sense of joy the game gives me.  Now just to twist the knife while its in deep, it goes on sale.  I learned the same lesson you did, never pre-ordering anything from a big name developer ever again...

• Like 4

@Andreh-FeijohOhh please, It's not just EA. It's the holiday season. You should know better not to buy anything on release day around holidays. I learned my lesson last year (2016) for buying FFXV on release day and came the xmas holiday sale, the game was nearly 50% off.

edit: FFXV came out Nov 29, 2016 so yeah about a month.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

1 hour ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

@Andreh-FeijohOhh please, It's not just EA. It's the holiday season. You should know better not to buy anything on release day around holidays. I learned my lesson last year (2016) for buying FFXV on release day and came the xmas holiday sale, the game was nearly 50% off.

edit: FFXV came out Nov 29, 2016 so yeah about a month.

Actually 40% off 1 week post launch is pretty unusual. At least at retail, most stores have price protection for at least 2, if not 4 weeks.

Of course, paying full price for a digital release on day one is never a good idea. If you're going to pay full price, at least buy the physical copy which you could resell for something.

Buying full priced digital games at launch (or worse yet, pre-ordering them) is throwing money away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Actually 40% off 1 week post launch is pretty unusual. At least at retail, most stores have price protection for at least 2, if not 4 weeks.

Of course, paying full price for a digital release on day one is never a good idea. If you're going to pay full price, at least buy the physical copy which you could resell for something.

Buying full priced digital games at launch (or worse yet, pre-ordering them) is throwing money away.

I guess it sucks for the OP to hit 10days, I remember reading PSN does 7 days price adjustment, though I never tried myself. Maybe someone from here PSNP can shed some light?

8 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I guess it sucks for the OP to hit 10days, I remember reading PSN does 7 days price adjustment, though I never tried myself. Maybe someone from here PSNP can shed some light?

May be worth calling them to complain and see what happens. I mean, these sales don't just fall out of the sky - this must have been planned well in advance. Certainly more than a week.

It is completely disgusting to release the game at one price, knowing that there is a plan to put it in a promo discount the following week.

Of course everyone will blame EA, but this is at least as much Sony's doing.

And, FWIW, I don't have the game. I'll maybe get it in a year once I see what bullshit DLC they pull this year.

Sales season, as a gamer or a shopper that's our responsibility when making a purchase.
Also if a game doesn't sell well the price is going to be lowered.

It tough for all of us, every month when sales popup I play guess which one of my purchases is going to be on PSN+ next month.
Number of free giveaways have been purchased by myself a week or two earlier. That's on me, the buyer, not on the companies.

9 hours ago, Andreh-Feijoh said:

I only pre-order games I know I may have trouble getting in the long run. For example, I have pre-ordered The Lost Child and 25th Ward. Games that are far from triple AAA

I remember last year the same thing happened to Watch_Dogs 2. The game released on the 14th of November for 100 dollars in Australia but ten days later the Black Friday sale came to europe and then it became 63 AUD.

9 hours ago, Andreh-Feijoh said:

I preorder games because I want the developer to get the most amount of money(outside micro transactions), as I'm not a fan of used and how they destroy studios(yes they do). 

It also gives them incentive to make more and better games in the future. 

We do the same with movies, books, tv shows, cars! Everything.

This is by game by game basis for me though. 

And sometimes you just want to play day1 like I did with destiny. 

But pre-ordering games in October/November probably not wise. 

But hey have you had a good time with the game? How many hours of entertainment have you poured into it? 

To preorder it you must have really wanted it. That justifies the minimal price difference. 

I don't regret getting attack on titan(game) for 60, and it's had its drops. But it's just a fun game that I definitely got my worth out of, and still go back to blow off steam. 

Edited by Dav9834

On 11/17/2017 at 11:54 AM, Andreh-Feijoh said:

Not sure if you bought physical or digital but if it was physical can't you just cancel the preorder and get your money back?

On 11/17/2017 at 11:54 AM, Andreh-Feijoh said:

I feel your pain. Sometimes it pays to wait for games to go on sell around this time of the year.