40% OFF on Black Friday PSN Sale! I'm pissed!

Andreh-Feijoh

On 17/11/2017 at 11:11 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Why does it matter?

You paid a price you felt was fair for the thing you wanted.

Just because that price changes later, it doesn’t change the fact that you were happy to pay what you paid for what you got in exchange. 

Think about it this way - if the price had, for some reason, increased 10 days after release, how would you feel about EA retroactively asking for more cash from you?

You’d object, right? Of course you would. And you’d be right to - because you paid the price it was at the time. You did a calculation, and concluded that it was fair for what you would get.

So how is this different?

Everything comes down in price eventually. Things that goes on sale all had a time, right before they did, where someone paid the full price. Bad luck, sure, but they still chose to pay that price and were happy to do so.

Are we supposed to live in a society where the lowest possible sale price should be retroactively applied to everyone who bought anything since it was put on sale? That would make literally everything cost-ineffective to produce....

On 19/11/2017 at 7:09 PM, Fragtaster said:

I was going to suggest you never preorder or buy in the the first 25-days, unless you feel like the asking price is fair for the content. In this day and age pricing and quality change without warning - just look at EA this year. If you preorder a game then your commiting to that, and shouldn't get mad when others who wait until after release pay less, or avoid a broken game. I only preorder things I know I'll like, and only when $60 is worth the value proposition (though honestly I rarely buy even in the first month of release - it's been better to wait in my experience).

But you clearly learned this from the tone of what your saying, so I'm sorry you got burnt (EA is a mess). I'm pretty sure the price drop is due to NFS receiving lukewarm reception from places like Giantbomb and many consumers alike. I guess the lesson here is to only pay $60+ when you don't mind the idea of it selling for less shortly after. When you REALLY love a game you don't mind supporting it's devs by paying what you think it's worth (like I do with Atlus, Naughtydog and Capcom games). :)

Ok, ok... as the rage goes away, i guess DrBloodmoney do have a point. I'm from Brasil, and we're not familiar with this "holiday season" of games... i speak for myself, of course, nut only in recent years the brazilian market started following the black friday sales, and holiday season (or only now i realised that, now that i'm following closely the news in the US, mostly), but ok... i really wanted the game, i love arcade racing games, and i had the money at the time to play on day one. The game is not perfect but i'm enjoying it.

But that makes me think about game prices. I just saw an article saying EA is right, games are the cheapest "entertainment" paid by the hour (60 bucks a game for X many hours, it's usually cheaper than renting movies or watching in theaters), but from EVERYONE i talk to about games, 98% of them waits for a sale to buy a game, even if they really wants them. In fact, this was the ONLY game i've paid full price since Metal Gear V TPP.

And over what Fragtaster said, i hope the money i've spent on it helps Ghost to continue making good games, but i hope they realise EA is not going to a good place in gaming, and when they release themselves from EA, they make a damn good racing game.

Thanks, guys!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2017 at 8:54 AM, Andreh-Feijoh said:

I was trying to defend this game, i really am enjoying, i love racing games, and i think the gameplay on this one is good, actually. Sure, the action scenes and races were... awkward, and the shipments are just bs.

But after 10 days, the game is already 40% off, the deluxe edition is cheaper than the regular edition on launch... screw it, screw EA, i'll never buy anything from them again, unless it's so cheap, or i'll buy it used from someone else... even if they make Skate 4!!! wait..... YEAH, EVEN IF THEY MAKE SKATE 4, they'll just charge you 0.99 each wheel, anyway.

I should have learned it by now.... NEVER. PRE-ORDER. ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY FROM EA!

Someone give this guy an Oscar.