Black Friday 2017

SuperSaiyan3985

Anyone gonna be picking up games this Black Friday? Because I sure am! It's an annual tradition for me to get my fall releases on Black Friday LOL. I wait a month or so and I get to save half or more, it really is a treat. I plan on going to Walmart to get Assassin's Creed Origins (Not so sure about this one, as it wasn't in the ad :/), NFS Payback ($29), and COD WW2 ($43). I'm also gonna drop by GameStop to buy Shadow of War because they have it for $25 which is $4 less than Walmart XD. But anyway enough about me, who else is Black Friday shopping?

5 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Really? Damn, well I'm only in it for the campaign so I'll be selling it immediately after Platinum. 

Oh yeah, its hot garbage

my co worker let me borrow it and i played it on an altrnate account and i had to turn it off

the servers are shit, the maps are tiny, the headquarters is confusing, zombies sucks, the campaign is short, the guns arent that great, its not even worth playing if it was in the PS+ IGC

7 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Really? Damn, well I'm only in it for the campaign so I'll be selling it immediately after Platinum. 

I've been playing it without any problems. The campaign is just fine, there are no issues there. The MP works just fine for me over the past week or so, although I know that they did have, and still have, issues there that they need to deal with. MP trophies are pretty straightforward and don't require anything overly complicated. Zombies I haven't tried yet.

If you are mostly in it for the campaign I think you'll be fine.

1 minute ago, Property_Damage said:

my co worker let me borrow it and i played it on an altrnate account and i had to turn it off

the servers are shit, the maps are tiny, the headquarters is confusing, zombies sucks, the campaign is short, the guns arent that great, its not even worth playing if it was in the PS+ IGC

I think that's taking a bit of an extreme view, it's not that bad IMO. Mind you, I don't really play COD for the MP, I'm more into the campaign so I thought it was good enough.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

It's really not hot trash, the game is decent for a cod game.  The campaign is well put together, the multiplayer is alright, and the zombies mode is decent.  It's better than all the cods after bo2 to be honest.  I'm personally enjoying the game, yes even the multiplayer.  Just my input

Edit: also headquarters is confusing?  I don't even know what to say...

Edited by Muskratateer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Oh yeah, its hot garbage

And your opinion is the absolute truth right ? You're a little bit too harsh with a statement like this imo.

I personally really enjoyed the campaign and I thought it was one of the best COD campaign. The MP is a little bit disapointing however so I have to agree with you on that. (It's definitely not as bad as your saying though)

Finally, I had a lot of fun playing zombies so I think the OP should make his own opinion on this game.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 1

1 mans opinion will differ from the next

personally i had to put it away and picked up battlefield 1 instead and have no regrets with my decision and im a cod person over battlefield just because i like the fast paced action over the slow strategic gameplay of BF but ive had nothing but problems with WW2

edit: rent it from red box for a $1 and try it for yourself before you drop 50 on it, thats the safe decision 

Edited by Property_Damage

I might get these games
1. Assassin's Creed Origins
2. Middle Earth Shadow of War
3. Dishonored
4. Uncharted Lost Legacy
5. Dragonball Xenoverse 2
6. Injustice 2
7. Dishonored
8. Dishonored 2
9. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
10. Nascar Heat 2

Also hoping these ones go on sale
1. Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online

2. Nights of Azure 2
3. Fate Extella: The Umbral Star
4. Elex
5. .hack//G.U. Last Recode

And I may get Sonic Forces not sure on that yet or not
and not  really gaming related but I might also get Alien Covenant and King Arthur on dvd.

I just hope for the most part I can find Assassin's Creed and Middle Earth as well as hoping the games below go on sale on Amazon(Hopefully not locked behind prime) or something

• Like 1

Just now, Property_Damage said:

1 mans opinion will differ from the next

personally i had to put it away and picked up battlefield 1 instead and have no regrets with my decision and im a cod person over battlefield just because i like the fast paced action over the slow strategic gameplay of BF but ive had nothing but problems with WW2

The MP has improved a lot in the past week as they've been working a lot on fixing the various issues, so if your experience was prior to Friday of last week then you might want to give it another go. I've been playing enough as a mediocre player to get to Rank 46 (mostly via War matches and the 2XP they had on over the weekend) and only had one or two instances of being disconnected while in a match. HQ was disabled for a while but has been populated and active for me since Wednesday. I never had any issues with getting stuck on the post-match screen, but I did have a few matches where I would get disconnected after the match ended, before the post-match screen. Since Tuesday I've had no issues at all beyond my own general lack of skill.

Campaign wasn't that bad really. 11 missions for a game like COD seems decent, and while the story was a bit predictable I thought it was "ok".

I actually picked up the Battlefield 1 Revolution edition yesterday in a sale for $30, so I'm looking forward to that and have heard good things.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Cod ww2 is a broken mess

save your money and if you want a world war 1 or world war 2 type of shooter, play BF1 or MWR

Its actually a really good game. The story mode is amazing and even though the multiplayer isn't that good its still 100x better than Infinite Warfare.

• Like 2

I cannot recommend you buy Need for Speed.  The game is just a grindfest.  The loot boxes have ruined any chance of the game being enjoyable at all.  If you really want it, I would buy it used so that EA doesn't get any money from you playing the game.  Everyone is going on and on about Battlefront 2, but Need For Speed is just as bad, only difference is that it does not have as large a fanbase, or the multiplayer portion.  Please don't buy it.

I know that it is on my profile, but I had pre-ordered the digital version long before I knew about the loot boxes and micro transactions, and because it had been so long ago, there was no way for me to get my money back.  If I could have, I would have.

Edited by Sir_Bee

I dunno, maybe. I usually just buy a year of PS+ on Black Friday, because it's usually the only time of year it's on sale. It wasn't last year though, so who knows. When it comes to games, I'll pick some stuff up if there's a good deal. There hasn't been anything especially good the last couple of years though, so I'm not really counting on anything this year either.

1 hour ago, Nightstream88 said:

I might get these games
1. Assassin's Creed Origins
2. Middle Earth Shadow of War
3. Dishonored
4. Uncharted Lost Legacy
5. Dragonball Xenoverse 2
6. Injustice 2
7. Dishonored
8. Dishonored 2
9. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
10. Nascar Heat 2

Also hoping these ones go on sale
1. Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online

2. Nights of Azure 2
3. Fate Extella: The Umbral Star
4. Elex
5. .hack//G.U. Last Recode

And I may get Sonic Forces not sure on that yet or not
and not  really gaming related but I might also get Alien Covenant and King Arthur on dvd.

I just hope for the most part I can find Assassin's Creed and Middle Earth as well as hoping the games below go on sale on Amazon(Hopefully not locked behind prime) or something

These were the replies I was looking for, not a full blown debate on the quality of WW2 LOL.

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

I dunno, maybe. I usually just buy a year of PS+ on Black Friday, because it's usually the only time of year it's on sale. It wasn't last year though, so who knows. When it comes to games, I'll pick some stuff up if there's a good deal. There hasn't been anything especially good the last couple of years though, so I'm not really counting on anything this year either.

What do you mean there hasn't been anything especially good? There's always something good!

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

I cannot recommend you buy Need for Speed.  The game is just a grindfest.  The loot boxes have ruined any chance of the game being enjoyable at all.  If you really want it, I would buy it used so that EA doesn't get any money from you playing the game.  Everyone is going on and on about Battlefront 2, but Need For Speed is just as bad, only difference is that it does not have as large a fanbase, or the multiplayer portion.  Please don't buy it.

I know that it is on my profile, but I had pre-ordered the digital version long before I knew about the loot boxes and micro transactions, and because it had been so long ago, there was no way for me to get my money back.  If I could have, I would have.

Is that so? So is the Platinum excessively difficult? 

8 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Is that so? So is the Platinum excessively difficult? 

I am not sure I would say that it is especially difficult, but it is a massive boring grind.  You will have to run the same race over and over again, and since your cars progression is tied to loot boxes, you may get lucky and get a good boost early, or you may run several races and get absolutely nothing of use.  There is no way for you to win some money and then buy a new part for your car, no it is all locked behind shit random chance boxes.  Especially since you are forced to have at least 10 cars (5 different 'classes' and the 5 starting cars will not be able to win late game races), and the speed cards you win are not only tied to the class that won them, but they are tied to the car that won them.  So you have to go through the mind numbing grind AT LEAST 10 times.  Now there are some trophies that are tied to specific cars, so you may even need more than 10 cars, or god forbid there is a car you like that you want to drive around in ...

But to make a post that is actually on the topic you expected, I am not actually looking forward to any video game on sale for black friday.  I might consider Fallout 4 GOTY if I happen to see it around, but other than that I am pretty set for games on the moment.  That being said, I am hoping to buy a big TV if there are some good deals around, and we already bought a new Dyson vacuum (I know, that is hardly very exciting, but we needed one to clean up the pet hair, and it was a really good price).

Edited by Sir_Bee

11 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

What do you mean there hasn't been anything especially good? There's always something good!

I've just always already owned the stuff I want that's on sale, or there just isn't enough of a discount for it to be good for me. I generally buy the stuff I really want at launch, and for everything else, I don't think it's really worth it to buy them until they're less than $30, at the very least. Most black friday sales for games will have newer stuff at around $40, and only older stuff will get the heavier discounts.

25 minutes ago, Nitroman65 said:

Was about on planning to get a psvr but nah don't want to messed my eyes sight

Anyone know which store is having a sale on nintendo 3ds or N 2ds on black friday ? That would be great :)

There will be a Legend of Zelda 2ds at Target, Walmart, Gamestop & Bestbuy for $79.99.

6 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I've just always already owned the stuff I want that's on sale, or there just isn't enough of a discount for it to be good for me. I generally buy the stuff I really want at launch, and for everything else, I don't think it's really worth it to buy them until they're less than $30, at the very least. Most black friday sales for games will have newer stuff at around $40, and only older stuff will get the heavier discounts.

Well you'd be wrong there, as there are several new releases under $30 this year. Besides the great thing about Black Friday is that it's only a month or so after all the big games hit so a bit of patience saves a lot of money.

2 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Well you'd be wrong there, as there are several new releases under $30 this year. Besides the great thing about Black Friday is that it's only a month or so after all the big games hit so a bit of patience saves a lot of money.

I'm a little confused, I mean, my opinion can't be wrong. There may be games under $30, but there's nothing I want. So, to me, there's nothing good. Of course, this is all my opinion. You can think there's a lot of great games that are worth the money, and I can disagree. Everyone has different opinions on what's good and bad, and what's worth it and what isn't.

• Like 1