2x Exp Weekend 18-21 Nov

PvtVoid

And I just finished downloading and started playing the game today, such coincidence!

A question, though. I already played a grand total of two matches (one of them being the tutorial, mind you) and I'm not used to the progression system, of course. Is leveling up slow in this game? I'm used to the progression mechanics of games like CoD and Battlefield (albeit BF is a little slower than CoD in that regard), will I feel confortable with advancing through the levels, or is it too grindy and I'll need more 2XP weekends to level up faster?

6 hours ago, DPJUST14 said:

And I just finished downloading and started playing the game today, such coincidence!

A question, though. I already played a grand total of two matches (one of them being the tutorial, mind you) and I'm not used to the progression system, of course. Is leveling up slow in this game? I'm used to the progression mechanics of games like CoD and Battlefield (albeit BF is a little slower than CoD in that regard), will I feel confortable with advancing through the levels, or is it too grindy and I'll need more 2XP weekends to level up faster?

I think you can do it if you play all weekend and Monday for sure! Play on hard and short (4 rounds). The boss fights give a good amount of the exp! Maybe you are too low to play on hard yet. I think you should start around level 10-15 or when you feel confortable test it. You'll probably get carry in the worst case by others. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply. Had a lot of IRL things to do with little gameplay sessions in between, so I wasn't really able to see if new messages were posted.

As for the 2XP Weekend, I barely had time to make the most of it, but at least I got the gist of how the progression system works (class-based, the weapons you use give XP to the class they belong, etc.) and I had quite a lot of fun going through rounds and sweeping hordes of zombies, while at the same time learning the maps' layout (Farmhouse and the Amusement Park one are my favourites so far). On the flipside, I think that the movement is a little too clunky/slow, and it's quite complicated to stay out of the zed's reach the majority of the time, also, automatic weapons seem to be weaker than they should be, and in bossfights, the AA12 + S&W M500 or Desert Eagle Dual Wield combo seems to be a top-tier choice. That's what I gathered from the (little) time I spent in the game so far. Of course, I'm gonna continue playing this game, as it's very fun and I really like Zombies games.

Looking forward to get the Platinum on this game!