How to use Bait?

DrakeHellsing

Okay, gonna ask now about this before I forget, but how would I use the bait? As I'm going to need to for the trophy, but not sure on if I have to go to the menu and select it, or if it's a different way? Only items I've been using are the healing items by pausing and using them that way, but no other items I've used so far, not really been needing to.

If I remember correctly (it's been quite a while since I played) yes, when you are nier (sorry) an animal that can be ridden you pause, select bait in menu and 'use'. This will cause said animal to run over and be distracted for a few seconds giving you the opportunity to approach it and press the button prompt given on screen (maybe square?) to ride it ?

Later in the game you can purchase an 'animal scent pouch' which does away with the need for bait as the animals will walk straight up to you and practically beg you to ride them. 

Bait is surprisingly not needed for the fishing trophy at all lol. 

Hope this helps and sorry I can't be more precise, but like I said, it's been a long time since I played this. Enjoy this utterly fantastic game. 

You gotta buy it from a shop for 100G or find it somewhere else. Then find an animal and use the bait near it. Wait for it to walk up and eat it. After that you can mount it. Later in game you can buy items from vendors that let's you ride animals without using bait or anything else. 

Edited by BlueBerry_1337