Let's be honest guys..

This game has one of the best soundtrack ever for a Hack'nSlash game, let alone any action game in general.

One thing that puts it over the top is most definitively the style and how they switch from Instrumental to Vocals in boss battles. That alone was awesome.

How bout you guys? What do you guys think about the OST?

• Like 4

I really like the music. I see it as a sort of high energy rock. It really matches the style of gameplay. 

However, it isnt the kind of music I would want to listen to in my spare time.

Exactly what I was thinking. Almost any music is great if matched with the appropriate settings. I can't imagine listening to that music alone......but when I am Raiden, and I feel badass with swords....I like the rock.

• Like 2

Man, you're totally into your game :)xD hahaha xD I haven't played it yet. still sealed xD

I'll let you know if I open it. Though it still personally depends on the taste of music. :)

Dude, it should be a crime that you still haven't played this masterpiece. But you will definitively enjoyed it. It's basically Ninja Gaiden with Metal and cyborgs, so your NG fan inside will love it to death.  :yay:

I really like the music. I see it as a sort of high energy rock. It really matches the style of gameplay. 

Very true. But, if you go to the dedicated youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalGearRisingOST/videos

You find that some of them are very enjoyable outside of the game too. (about 2~3 if you dont't like rock) Plus the 2 type variety is great since sometimes some song instrumentally are amazing but with vocals they change abit. So you should try them all out. Maybe you'll like some of the instrumental ones.  :ninja:

The soundtrack is brilliant! High energy, cheesy, fast rock music. It fits the game perfectly, just got the trophy for defeating the Senator with no damage and getting all S ranks on Revengeance difficulty, and that last song made it such a goddamn epic experience, knowing that one tiny mishap and I would have ruined the fight with the music blaring in the background helping me feel like a badass haha :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8KJO1r7cMI

Sorry my adrenaline is still pumping after doing that fight!

Edited by KyleGM
  • Like 1

The soundtrack is brilliant! High energy, cheesy, fast rock music. It fits the game perfectly, just got the trophy for defeating the Senator with no damage and getting all S ranks on Revengeance difficulty, and that last song made it such a goddamn epic experience, knowing that one tiny mishap and I would have ruined the fight with the music blaring in the background helping me feel like a badass haha :D

Sorry my adrenaline is still pumping after doing that fight!

Haha, no worries. My first playthrough I felt just like that. Although I think I wont be getting the S ranks nor the perfect bosses for a long while.

This game is harder than it looks, which is also very enjoyable!

Haha, no worries. My first playthrough I felt just like that. Although I think I wont be getting the S ranks nor the perfect bosses for a long while.

This game is harder than it looks, which is also very enjoyable!

True, I wasn't expecting it to be quite that hard, but once I got the parrying down the game became a lot easier, and revengeance mode is easier than hard was because of the insane amount of damage counter parrys do, most fights are over before they begin haha Only got the VR missions left and I hear they're a pain so I'm going to leave them until after I've had some sleep!

Dude, it should be a crime that you still haven't played this masterpiece. But you will definitively enjoyed it. It's basically Ninja Gaiden with Metal and cyborgs, so your NG fan inside will love it to death.  :yay:

Hahaha xD I'll play it soon so Kojima and Platinum games wouldn't arrest me and file a lawsuit against me for not playing their game yet   :stalker:  :spank: still on the backlog section xD which are totally increasing bit by bit  don't want to put a dent on the case  :P  hahaha xD I'll play it soon once i'm done with my game :)

Edited by NightWing127

Still debating whether I should pick this up. The soundtrack is brilliant but I'm just not in the mood for anymore HACK-N-SLASH currently.

To be perfectly honest. While it is a hack and slash, it doesn't really have that feeling. It's more of an action packed Metal Gear than hack and slash. Because unlike DW, Orochi and Sengoku Basara, the story here is actually pretty damn good. Not the best but for a spin off Metal Gear it's really good. It has brilliant humor and like any other H&S it has a crapload of replayability.

Put it in your mp3 player or phone and listen to it while working out at the gym.

You'll never be more pumped than hearing RULES OF NATURE just start to blast.

Put it in your mp3 player or phone and listen to it while working out at the gym.

You'll never be more pumped than hearing RULES OF NATURE just start to blast.

Love the thought.

I'm a swimmer unfortunately, so it's unlikely I'll get in the pool with my mp3 anytime soon :(

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, I feel for you. But at least it also works for walking around, it just no as motivational though  :ninja:

I'd be afraid to walk around with that heavy metal sound track. I think me just feeling the need to slice up some bad guy robots that look like humans may not be the attitude I should walk down the street with xD

• Like 2

I'd be afraid to walk around with that heavy metal sound track. I think me just feeling the need to slice up some bad guy robots that look like humans may not be the attitude I should walk down the street with xD

But.... what about those meddling trashcans.... the annoying lamp posts..... the insulting columns!... Lol, Chapter 3 is a free for all for cutting stuff xD 

• Like 1

My game's still sealed. Need to get into Raiden mood to play it xD  :ninja:  though I listened to the soundtracks first xD

The man who breathes, eats, sleeps and dreams with ninjas has STILL not played his copy?

Oh man, wait till you do. You are going to be very angry at yourself for waiting this long. xD lol

The man who breathes, eats, sleeps and dreams with ninjas has STILL not played his copy?

Oh man, wait till you do. You are going to be very angry at yourself for waiting this long. xD lol

I sold my first copy for a new one :)

lol xD i'll play it soon enough i'll let you know what are my thoughts about it :)xD

I know how hard it is not to play games like these xD it would be a 2nd game which i will find to put it down :)

Edited by NightWing127

• 6 months later...