Error Code: 721 in Battlefront 2

NickMeister77

I don't know if this is allowed to be posted here but I thought I would since maybe this could also help others who have the same problem as me. So despite buying Battlefront 2 on Friday I still have absolutely no access to the multiplayer whatsoever, in game it says that I am offline and every single time I try to reconnect I keep on getting Error Code: 721. After doing some research apparently this was an issue with the beta, but when I played the beta I never had such problems and was able to play fine. I checked anything that I could: My psn, origin, internet connection, playstation plus, and I even contacted EA support and everything seems to be fine apart from the fact that the Advisor from EA help was not able to see Battlefront 2 on my account (Though he did see other games that I purchased such as Battlefront 2015 and Battlefield 1) even though I have already earned and synchronized trophies from the campaign. Does anyone know any possible fixes or what I could try to do? Thank you very much.

Here is what the Error says:
"Failed to connect to the EA Servers. Online features will be unavailable. Please check your internet connection and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information. Error code: 721"

2 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

online functionality is restored once you have either spent 2000 hours playing single player or spent £1000 on loot boxes.....

in all seriousness ive never seen that before but it doesnt surprise me whatsever with EA

WTF. This is just unbelievable to me. Having to play a certain amount of hours or spending a ton of money on loot boxes just to play online is absolutely ludicrous. 

10 minutes ago, ryan32289 said:

WTF. This is just unbelievable to me. Having to play a certain amount of hours or spending a ton of money on loot boxes just to play online is absolutely ludicrous. 

it's a joke, but, have you tried sliding your credit card in the disc tray?

it's a joke too, don't do this.

Try checking your UPnP connection, sometimes, this stupid setting mess up PSN connection with some games and it deactivates on his own when you reset your modem in certain models. You woulnd't believe how many times this thing messed up my online play.

NhKL3pj.png

I hope you find a solution soon. Sorry.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Katt said:

it's a joke, but, have you tried sliding your credit card in the disc tray?

it's a joke too, don't do this.

Try checking your UPnP connection, sometimes, this stupid setting mess up PSN connection with some games and it deactivates on his own when you reset your modem in certain models. You woulnd't believe how many times this thing messed up my online play.

NhKL3pj.png

I hope you find a solution soon. Sorry.

I don't think I have any connection issues on my end, I have pretty good internet. I just reinstalled Battlefield 4 and the online works perfectly fine so it most likely does not have anything to do with my PSN/Origin account. I contacted EA support several times, and even though they couldn't help one of them did point out that he doesn't see Battlefront 2 in my games on my account which is odd since I already installed the game, obtained trophies through SP and synchronised them, while he did point out that he saw all my other EA/DICE games. Is there any way I can "add" this game to my account?

Just like all the other EA/DICE games that I bought, I bought the physical copy of this game.

51 minutes ago, NickMeister77 said:

I don't think I have any connection issues on my end, I have pretty good internet. I just reinstalled Battlefield 4 and the online works perfectly fine so it most likely does not have anything to do with my PSN/Origin account. I contacted EA support several times, and even though they couldn't help one of them did point out that he doesn't see Battlefront 2 in my games on my account which is odd since I already installed the game, obtained trophies through SP and synchronised them, while he did point out that he saw all my other EA/DICE games. Is there any way I can "add" this game to my account?

Just like all the other EA/DICE games that I bought, I bought the physical copy of this game.

Did you try shutting your PS4 all the way down (not rest mode) and then turning it back on?

Do physical PS4 games have system data like PS3 games? If so, try deleting that and letting it reinstall the game patches and stuff.

Alternatively, try resetting your router and/or logging in and out of your EA account in-game. (This is what Google suggests)

I have been working tirelessly for a fix as I have the same problem as you. I spent 30 mins with support and I spent hours with my ISP and they both assured me that the problem was the other party. So I was left with working on it since Saturday. I came to this thread and saw UPnP in one comment and I thought why didn't I think of that. I checked UPnP on my modem settings and it was enabled. I felt sad again finding out that this wasn't the problem. Disgruntled I turned off UPnP and restarted the game with no expectations for it to work and presto it was working. I connected immediately and no error 721 for me anymore. I hope this solves your problem too  coz I have alot of respect for star wars fans who go out of their way even after EA's shit storms to show their love for the franchise so I really hope you get back in the game soon. Cheers