Adhoc Match

The_Kopite

8 hours ago, cris3f said:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure in all fighting games ad-hoc matches are not ranked, which means no XP or similar gained. I presume precisely to avoid what you wanted to do.

I would too if it was possible  1f600.png

Never tried on Injustice thought.

Darn, that's a downer lol thanks for the info.

Actually offline versus matches do reward experience. There is even an exploit that allows you to reach 100 overnight if you have a turbo controller, because you get experience each time you interact with an object. Just buy an exp boost with your cards (don't do this too many times cause you'll lock yourself out of the "buy everything" trophy), find an object you can interact with repeatedly and leave it running. If you have a friend with the game you can make it even faster cause consecutive online (non-ranked) wins give you even bigger exp bonuses that stack with the other one. The maximum bonus is at 50 consecutive wins, then you can go offline and have a go at it. Do NOT turn off the game after you get one of the boosts cause it will be lost. Also make sure to finish the match in order to actually be awarded all of the exp you accrued.

Edit: Needless to say, make sure the "local" and not the "guest" player is the one with the turbo controller.

Edited by NamoPh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NamoPh said:

Actually offline versus matches do reward experience. There is even an exploit that allows you to reach 100 overnight if you have a turbo controller, because you get experience each time you interact with an object. Just buy an exp boost with your cards (don't do this too many times cause you'll lock yourself out of the "buy everything" trophy), find an object you can interact with repeatedly and leave it running. If you have a friend with the game you can make it even faster cause consecutive online (non-ranked) wins give you even bigger exp bonuses that stack with the other one. The maximum bonus is at 50 consecutive wins, then you can go offline and have a go at it. Do NOT turn off the game after you get one of the boosts cause it will be lost. Also make sure to finish the match in order to actually be awarded all of the exp you accrued.

Edit: Needless to say, make sure the "local" and not the "guest" player is the one with the turbo controller.

I think when he said ad-hoc he meant the ps vita version of the game

1 hour ago, Highpark_united said:

I think when he said ad-hoc he meant the ps vita version of the game

My mistake. Shouldn't the same method apply though (just without the option of a turbo controller), or do you only get exp from ranked in the Vita version? Sounds like they should have vastly changed the exp requirement for level 100 if that's the case.

In fact, I checked in the midst of writing this post and the same thing was suggested in another thread. I see no reason why ad-hoc shouldn't work the same as 2 controllers.

• Like 1

Yup, you get xp for doing anything in Injustice, sp or mp. I was unfortunate in that I did not have access to a second vita. I had to earn my 100 lvl grind off the pve. However, if you have a second vita, why not do ranked matches? May as well. You get a shit ton more xp for getting perfects and doing the named challenge for each match.

Btw, I can probably make a quick video showing how to get xp if you only have access to one vita. It's a real grind, but it's easy.

Edited by Phil
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Yup, you get xp for doing anything in Injustice, sp or mp. I was unfortunate in that I did not have access to a second vita. I had to earn my 100 lvl grind off the pve. However, if you have a second vita, why not do ranked matches? May as well. You get a shit ton more xp for getting perfects and doing the named challenge for each match.

Btw, I can probably make a quick video showing how to get xp if you only have access to one vita. It's a real grind, but it's easy.

Can I ask how long it took you to grind to level 100 using your method? I would certainly love to see your method if you were interested in making a video!

3 hours ago, NamoPh said:

The problem with that in the original game was that ranked mode has no filters so you would never be able to reliably find the intended opponent on ranked. I'm guessing Vita has separate matchmaking though, so if it has much fewer players that might work.

Yeah the vita ranked matchmaking isn't so bad really, as there is hardly anyone playing, so I have been able to boost most of the mp trophies with a fellow person on psnprofiles, and at least 80% of the time we were paired with each other thankfully.

4 hours ago, NamoPh said:

My mistake. Shouldn't the same method apply though (just without the option of a turbo controller), or do you only get exp from ranked in the Vita version? Sounds like they should have vastly changed the exp requirement for level 100 if that's the case.

In fact, I checked in the midst of writing this post and the same thing was suggested in another thread. I see no reason why ad-hoc shouldn't work the same as 2 controllers.

Yeah I saw that, but there is no definitive answer (that I have been able to find) regarding the adhoc feature in relation to xp. Considering my wife has a vita as well, then I could just by her a copy of the game and then grind that way if needed. 

28 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

Can I ask how long it took you to grind to level 100 using your method? I would certainly love to see your method if you were interested in making a video!

Yeah the vita ranked matchmaking isn't so bad really, as there is hardly anyone playing, so I have been able to boost most of the mp trophies with a fellow person on psnprofiles, and at least 80% of the time we were paired with each other thankfully.

Yeah I saw that, but there is no definitive answer (that I have been able to find) regarding the adhoc feature in relation to xp. Considering my wife has a vita as well, then I could just by her a copy of the game and then grind that way if needed. 

What do ya know, I had one already. I had it in my library, set to private. Not sure why it cut off early. You basicallydo this until you get beat up near death. I always ended the match by doing a super to get the xp from that.

As far as time? I dunno. Still takes a long time. I even took a day break in between because it got so monotonous. Once it looked like I was going to make fastest plat time, I decided to soldier on. My plat time can definitely be beaten. I didn't even take it seriously until 4 or 5 days in. I even did all the mp legit within the first few days. I think a lot of kids play this on vita online.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Phil said:

What do ya know, I had one already. I had it in my library, set to private. Not sure why it cut off early. You basicallydo this until you get beat up near death. I always ended the match by doing a super to get the xp from that.

As far as time? I dunno. Still takes a long time. I even took a day break in between because it got so monotonous. Once it looked like I was going to make fastest plat time, I decided to soldier on. My plat time can definitely be beaten. I didn't even take it seriously until 4 or 5 days in. I even did all the mp legit within the first few days. I think a lot of kids play this on vita onli

Really appreciate the video man! Thanks :)

• 7 months later...
On 20/11/2017 at 10:09 AM, NamoPh said:

I was doing it like this in PS4. Im level 70 or so.

The game is so freakin' hard that I've abandoned it several times. The Battles modes are just insane as hell. On maximum difficult I reach 6/10 match, but is truly hard. You need to be a master. Not even with Solomon Krane "unbreakeable move".

I personally think this is one of the hardest platinum ever. Not like Attacking Zegetta 2 of course, but sure same hard or even worse than Super Meatboy.