Black Friday PSN Sale (EU)

Dragon-Archon

I'm tempted to get The Witcher III GOTY and Bloodborne GOTY. Tales of Berseria, Horizon Zero Dawn, and NieR Automata are still too pricey for a sale.

2 hours ago, FreeSpark22 said:

Early access...wow better get in there quick in case they run out of digital copies... 1f914.png

Lol, IKR :lol: .

1 hour ago, Karlsson89 said:

Am I the only one for whom the links lead nowhere? Opening the page manually doesn't work either.

I'd like to know how much Life is Strange Before the Storm, Horizon and Nier Automata are (is it the same in every store that uses Euros?) and if Horizon includes the add-on. Hopefully sometime in the next few days Sony will let me find out...

Some of the links also don't work properly for me. I assume the prices would be the same for most EU countries, though I know there are exceptions like the UK store. I'm seeing these prices in the Dutch store (prices are including the PS+ discount):

• Life is Strange Before the Storm: €17.49
  • Horizon: €29.99
  • Horizon Deluxe Edition: €41.99
  • NieR Automata: €41.99

2 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

I really wish they'd put those lists in alphabetical order...

I wish the prices were added too, like it used to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Poor sale. Was hoping for some indie games in there for some quick plats. 

I agree it's a poor sale, and that because I too was hoping for indie games. Not for quick plats, but because that's the kind of games I enjoy playing. Was just nothing in the sale that interested me, at all.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Nothing for me tbh . The PS3/ Vita black friday sale is rather weak imao

4 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

This sale if a f*cking joke seriously. 6 PS Vita games ? 13 PS3 games ? 

And the PS4 sale sucks too, the price are way higher than physical copies, why would anyone buy a digital game 10-20€ higher than the physical copy ?

Was expecting a decent sale but this is the worst one I've seen in months.

Totally with you in this one . More like PSN Black Fraud sale ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm tempted to get The Witcher III GOTY and Bloodborne GOTY. Tales of Berseria, Horizon Zero Dawn, and NieR Automata are still too pricey for a sale.

Lol, IKR :lol: .

Some of the links also don't work properly for me. I assume the prices would be the same for most EU countries, though I know there are exceptions like the UK store. I'm seeing these prices in the Dutch store (prices are including the PS+ discount):

• Life is Strange Before the Storm: €17.49
  • Horizon: €29.99
  • Horizon Deluxe Edition: €41.99
  • NieR Automata: €41.99

I wish the prices were added too, like it used to.

I don't know if nier automata will ever be cheap. I think it's going to be one of those games that stays around a certain price point. I know it hasn't been a while, but it's a gut feeling based on what they've done on steam and what other sales have looked like. And how certain games never go below a certain price. 

Wow, the Vita/PS3 selection sure is pitiful...

There's some decent deals on PS4, but I already own most of the stuff that interests me physically. I don't own Nioh yet, but it would have to be way cheaper for me to consider picking up the digital version over the physical. The season pass is a nice price, though.

I think I'm just going to go with Life is Strange: Before the Storm. It's only a 30% discount, but I would quite like to play that soon after episode 3 gets released.

Picked up Wolfenstein 2 deluxe (with season pass) and Persona 5 for £60.  Pretty decent considering W2 isn't long out and Persona is still ridiculously priced for physical copies.  Dragons Dogma is prob a steal at £12, bags of content, and a few other things are reasonable, but the black Friday sales have been poor across the board, again with the odd good deal.  Amazon is taking the pi$$ with some of it's deals, poor discounts to begin with, any good discount is usually only on specific garish colours of that product, as soon as the 20% discount on warehouse deals went live 90% of warehouse deals on desirable products mysteriously vanished (unless there was mass purchases within 5 mins of it going live!).  Also caught them increasing prices, had an Asus gaming monitor in my basket from months ago, £119 (new) roughly, saw it on the warehouse deals and the price had jumped to £148...used, with the 20% off it came to, yeah, £119 roughly.  Tut tut.

The ps plus deal at £37 isn't bad, albeit it's more or less the standard price we were previously used to, still, better than £50!

Nani the fuck? They call this a sale?

5 hours ago, FreeSpark22 said:

Early access...wow better get in there quick in case they run out of digital copies... 1f914.png

This post is better than the whole sale xD

5 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Why 9 out of 10 times the store is bugged up beyond any recognition right after an update? Or is it just me with the missing pages, unresponsive filters and unrequested page reloads?

Edit: this is on Pc.

It sucks since the design update.

It's insane that the standard edition of GTA V still costs 85 bucks (without sale) in my country, while the witcher is at less than half that.

Otherwise nothing really interesting. I always thought black friday was supposed to be that crazy price drop but maybe that's just memes.

Edited by thekiffer21

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm tempted to get The Witcher III GOTY and Bloodborne GOTY. 

As far as I know both of this titles didn't have lower  price for digital GOTY edition. I think somewhere around 22-23€ was lowest price before this. 

2 hours ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

I hear the game gets alot of stick that the camera is awful and brings alot of RAGE, if thats the case I probably won't bother.

Anyone got any thoughts on that?

That does not really bother me. The very nature of the game (shifting gravity) makes it quite disorienting at times but you will get used to it. I rage reasonably quickly at stuff like that and this game has been a blast to play for me so far. I can recommend picking it up.

• Like 1

Judging by most of these comments I guess a lot of you already have terrific games like TW3 GOTY and Bloodborne GOTY. Picked up a couple of great deals personally including the latter and the Nathan Drake collection.

I've recently grown a fondness for digital over physical copies since I know somewhere down the line the Blu-ray reader is far more likely to die than the HDD. Not to mention loading and read/write speeds will always be bottle-necked by a Blu-ray reader as opposed to a decent HDD (doesn't even have to be hybrid/SSD). So I wouldn't mind paying a slight premium for digital versions if that were the case. Let's not forget, it's nigh on impossible to damage (through wear and tear) or lose a digital copy!

The only drawbacks I can think of are those who prefer to buy/sell once they're done with their copies, game share, or have limited connection speed/download limit. Perhaps also those who like to exploit glitches/bugs to circumvent troublesome trophies. And I suppose there are those who like to see a visual collection of their games (I used to be one of them) :D

2 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

That does not really bother me. The very nature of the game (shifting gravity) makes it quite disorienting at times but you will get used to it. I rage reasonably quickly at stuff like that and this game has been a blast to play for me so far. I can recommend picking it up.

Thanks man. Reckon I'll give it a go for sure ?