Black Friday PSN Sale (NA)

NathanielJohn

5 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Finally the Evil Within 2! Might also grab Dishonored 2, Valkyria Chronicles and DQ: Builders. Also getting my 20% discount today, so it makes these deals even sweeter.

VC is a steal at $13.50 IMO. I think I got it for 20 or 30.

Persona 5 at $30 is very tempting, but I'd rather get a physical copy of the game.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Yep, this is miles better than the horrible than the sale last week.

The problem is I just picked up a bunch of physical games so I really, really should carefully consider what I should get and what I should wait lol.

The first post doesn't mention season pass and add-on. Just Cause 3 season pass (I think it's named something else) is also $5 - 80% off and I heard that it help save a lot of time for the platinum. Worth considering for those who got the game via PS+

Edited by PliskinCobra
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lorajet said:

I'm curious - how many people buy digital versus the physical disc?  I'm probably 50/50 on this.  Was going to pick up Uncharted at Best Buy for $19.99, but seeing the digital on PSN for the same price, what to do?   ?

You can resell physical, you can't resell digital.

You can use physical on a different account, digital is tied to a single one.

Basically, if price is the same or similar, always go for physical.

• Like 1

There are very few games that I actually seek out a physical copy of.  I would buy physical versions of FF games, and a few others I want to have, but outside of that I am perfectly happy getting the cheapest version I can.  Sometimes that is the digital version as there is no sales tax on the Canadian PSN store, and sometimes that would be ordering through amazon prime and getting 20% off.  

16 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

VC is a steal at $14 IMO. I think I got it for 20 or 30.

Persona 5 at $30 is very tempting, but I'd rather get a physical copy of the game.

I'll probably pick it up. 

2 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

I'm curious - how many people buy digital versus the physical disc?  I'm probably 50/50 on this.  Was going to pick up Uncharted at Best Buy for $19.99, but seeing the digital on PSN for the same price, what to do?   ?

I buy digital. I don't like having to go to the store to pickup a physical copy that will take up space and I also don't care for trading in or reselling my games.

much tempting things to buy (updated list)

wolfenstein 3D (ps3)

mecho tales (ps4) (vita) 2 plats tied because of separate trophy lists and cross buy

Valkyria chronicles remastered (ps4)

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy season pass (ps4)

bioshock the collection (ps4)

Daganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair girls (ps4)

had some money leftover from the wal-mart shopping so i splurged a bit more into next week. taking a gamble on this one.

Edited by kingdrake2

13 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

You can resell physical, you can't resell digital.

You can use physical on a different account, digital is tied to a single one.

Basically, if price is the same or similar, always go for physical.

Actually, that isn't true.  I have a PS+ account and anything I buy on that account is used by the other accounts. I'm talking about games, not subscriptions

Edited by Lorajet
wordsmith
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

I'm curious - how many people buy digital versus the physical disc?  I'm probably 50/50 on this.  Was going to pick up Uncharted at Best Buy for $19.99, but seeing the digital on PSN for the same price, what to do?   1f914.png

It really comes down to your preference. I know people say you can resell physical but dooo youuu even resell ?? Or that you can plsy physical on other accounts, do you really evvver take your game to friends and play on other accounts? Personally unless physical is cheaper than digital,  I go digital.

43 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Actually, that isn't true.  I have a PS+ account and anything I buy on that account is used by the other accounts. I'm talking about games, not subscriptions

Other accounts can use it because your original account is still functional. If you will lose it to ban/theft/lost password, other accounts will lose access to content as well.

6 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Other accounts can use it because your original account is still functional. If you will lose it to ban/theft/lost password, other accounts will lose access to content as well.

Well, haven't had that problem so I'm pretty sure I'm safe. ?

1 hour ago, Lorajet said:

I'm curious - how many people buy digital versus the physical disc?  I'm probably 50/50 on this.  Was going to pick up Uncharted at Best Buy for $19.99, but seeing the digital on PSN for the same price, what to do?   1f914.png

This gen I have bought mostly digital. I like physical but getting digital is more convenient for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lorajet said:

I prefer a disc. I never get rid of my games or anything, but it's just way more convenient for me. Until internet companies stop with data caps and charging more for higher speeds (2 things that will likely never happen..), I'll always prefer physical. That said, though, I also like to save money. Hard to pass up a great PSN price. But paying a bit more for tax would be worth it to me. And some states are charging tax on PSN purchases, now. That ever happens here, it will make choosing even easier.

2 minutes ago, Scyther said:

I prefer a disc. I never get rid of my games or anything, but it's just way more convenient for me. Until internet companies stop with data caps and charging more for higher speeds (2 things that will likely never happen..), I'll always prefer physical. That said, though, I also like to save money. Hard to pass up a great PSN price. But paying a bit more for tax would be worth it to me. And some states are charging tax on PSN purchases, now. That ever happens here, it will make choosing even easier.

Now I'm wondering about something.  If you have 2 PS4s, and you have a friend come over for the holidays and they log onto their account.  Would it be an argument for a digital copy of the game to where the 2 of you could MP?  I know the whole thing about primary PS4 activation.