Venom, Black Widow and Winter Soldier Trailer Released

No one will ever convince me that these were all completed since launch. All 6 of these first "DLC" characters should have been in the base game.

Now that that's out of the way, not especially into any of them.

Winter Soldier looks pretty boring and basic.

Widow looks okay I guess. She's not quite as fast as I expected her to be though.

Venom looks surprisingly similar to his MvC2 counterpart. I expected him to be a completely different character. I never really liked him in the older games, so I'm not really interested in him here.

Now these characters have solidified my decision to just not get the game. Which really sucks, because they put X in it, and the X characters are pretty important and prominent in the plot. It wouldn't surprise me if they look at the sales of this game and decide that no one is interested in Mega Man X, and decide to continue ignoring the Mega Man series. Because Capcom especially, makes very confusing decisions like that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

No one will ever convince me that these were all completed since launch. All 6 of these first "DLC" characters should have been in the base game.

Now that that's out of the way, not especially into any of them.

Winter Soldier looks pretty boring and basic.

Widow looks okay I guess. She's not quite as fast as I expected her to be though.

Venom looks surprisingly similar to his MvC2 counterpart. I expected him to be a completely different character. I never really liked him in the older games, so I'm not really interested in him here.

Now these characters have solidified my decision to just not get the game. Which really sucks, because they put X in it, and the X characters are pretty important and prominent in the plot. It wouldn't surprise me if they look at the sales of this game and decide that no one is interested in Mega Man X, and decide to continue ignoring the Mega Man series. Because Capcom especially, makes very confusing decisions like that.

I think Venom looks awesome and I love that he has similarities to the MvC2 version since he was one of my favourite characters to play. His voice on the other hand sounds absolutely terrible. It sounds more fitting for Carnage. I agree with Black Widow and Winter Soldier though. The seem pretty dull and the slots could have been given to a lot of better choices. I think the biggest problem with this game is that Marvel really pushed for it to feel and connect with the MCU, which hurt much more than it helped.

1 hour ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

The more I see these videos about MvC:I DLC characters, the more I'm sure about waiting a Complete/Ultimate/Definitive Edition. And it's pretty sad, since I loved MvC3.

Yeah it's probably best to do that if you're not playing it competitively. I was actually going to hold off on the DLC, but Monster Hunter and Sigma looked like too much fun. 

2 hours ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

The more I see these videos about MvC:I DLC characters, the more I'm sure about waiting a Complete/Ultimate/Definitive Edition. And it's pretty sad, since I loved MvC3.

Off topic a bit maybe but what about Injustice 2? The base game is 20$ atm on PSN and I dont know should i wait for the Komplete edition since Ed Boon lives there komplete editions.

Edit: also whhhhhy does Venom's voice sound like "Green Goblin".... Omg that voiceover is horrible..on venom at least.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

2 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I think Venom looks awesome and I love that he has similarities to the MvC2 version since he was one of my favourite characters to play. His voice on the other hand sounds absolutely terrible. It sounds more fitting for Carnage. I agree with Black Widow and Winter Soldier though. The seem pretty dull and the slots could have been given to a lot of better choices. I think the biggest problem with this game is that Marvel really pushed for it to feel and connect with the MCU, which hurt much more than it helped.

Yeah it's probably best to do that if you're not playing it competitively. I was actually going to hold off on the DLC, but Monster Hunter and Sigma looked like too much fun. 

I mean, visually, Venom looks like the best character in the game, by far. I'm just not really interested in him, from a gameplay perspective, since I wasn't a fan back in the MvC2 era. I always thought he should feel lighter, and more agile than he did. He can keep up with Spider-man, so it just never made much sense that he felt like a heavy character. And yeah, I totally agree, that voice is pretty horrible. It makes me hope the character is terrible, so I don't have to deal with that voice when watching tournaments. x_x

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

I mean, visually, Venom looks like the best character in the game, by far. I'm just not really interested in him, from a gameplay perspective, since I wasn't a fan back in the MvC2 era. I always thought he should feel lighter, and more agile than he did. He can keep up with Spider-man, so it just never made much sense that he felt like a heavy character. And yeah, I totally agree, that voice is pretty horrible. It makes me hope the character is terrible, so I don't have to deal with that voice when watching tournaments. x_x

I find most of the non-human characters to look good or fine at the very least, but human characters are a whole different story. Frank West's face is the stuff of nightmares. I feel like it's better to make Venom feel heavier because it suits his appearance and if they decide to bring Carnage later, it might be more suitable to make him agile like Spiderman.

Edited by ObliviousSenpai

7 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Off topic a bit maybe but what about Injustice 2? The base game is 20$ atm on PSN and I dont know should i wait for the Komplete edition since Ed Boon lives there komplete editions.

I'd personally wait for the Ultimate Edition or whatever if you really want those DLC characters, otherwise you can just buy the game now since (IMHO) it's a pretty solid fighting game from what I tried in several occasions ?

By the way, now that I saw the trailer again, it's just me or Black Widow moves exactly like Jill? 

6 hours ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

I'd personally wait for the Ultimate Edition or whatever if you really want those DLC characters, otherwise you can just buy the game now since (IMHO) it's a pretty solid fighting game from what I tried in several occasions 1f47b.png

By the way, now that I saw the trailer again, it's just me or Black Widow moves exactly like Jill? 

Yeah she really does remind me of Jill from UMvC3 although it doesn't seem as weird.

1 hour ago, rikwebb said:

Hank Azaria is still the best venom voice for me, really dont like the sound of this one

That was the kind of a voice I was hoping he'd have. Wish they'd bring back that cartoon.