How long have you been playing video games?

ShadowStar83x

I’m not sure my exact age I was when I started gaming but my first gaming machine was either the Amiga 600 of the SNES I’m unsure which I had first, i think I had the gameboy not long after? So I guess I was around 4 so that would be about 1991?

i do remember playing my neighbours NES and being jealous of them, but it’s hard for me to judge which was the first thing I ever played.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd guess from around age 4 or so. I remember playing games on the IBM computer at my mothers job when I was very, very young. Most of them were all 'guess the thing' type games, like dog races or rock-paper-scissors.

I feel very old now, after reading everyone's post. As I turn 40 this year, I would have been gaming for 34 years, with the earliest console I played on was the C64. I always remember playing on paperboy and especially transformers (See Video). I loved this game when I was kid and is still one of my fondest memory, also pretty much owned every console to date, expect the xbox as I never liked the console. I've been playing the nes-switch, master system-gamecube, pac man on the mini yellow arcade system, didn't bother with the dreamcast and ps1- current.

Pretty much grew up with the arcade and 8 bit+ consoles, as I had an childhood where I had to learn to survive very quickly since I was 6 or 7, block most of it out. But I will always remember playing every console that came out, not rich by any means, just lucky my mum brought me the consoles to shut me up and my dad hated buying me games/consoles, but still did as it was the only way I could escape. Nice to see there is other people my age, so I don't feel too old, just blessed I grew up in the 80's where It all began and I will still play games, until my eyes decide not to work anymore and my skill/reflex turn to mush. Most probably still be gaming in 30 years time.

• Like 1

As far as I remember, started gaming when I was six, but I do vaguely recall playing my brother's Atari before that, I just can't remember any of the games.  I remember playing games on the Apple IIe my parents got when I was six far more.  I've had a NES, Gameboy, SNES, Genesis, PS1, PS2, GBA, PSP, DS, 3DS, Xbox 360, PS3, Vita, and PS4.  Also played PC games off and on throughout those years.

I'm 41 now and going to turn 42 this year, so definitely over 35 years.

I guess I've been playing video games since I was 8 years old. I started with NES and Super Nintendo even if they were already old systems back when I played them for the first time, "I'm talking about late 90's". Then N64 and the first PlayStation (which is in my oppinion the best system ever made, I liked it even more than PS2). 

I made a rest of consoles during the 6th video game generation by still played many great games on pc. Then I moved to Xbox 360 "which Initially I found more attractive than PS3", and then to PS4 which I think is the best system of the current generation, however, early on this year I bought a PS3 to play and platin many good games I missed from the previous generation. Right now in my gaming room I have a X360, PS3 and PS4.

Ever since I was just 3 years old, and I'm 30 now so I've been playing games for 27 years. My parents used to tell me how they couldn't believe how good I was at playing SMB3 & Tetris at such a young age haha! And I'm going to continue playing games til the day that I die, so basically whatever age I am when I die, subtract 3 from it and that's how many years of my life I've spent playing video games.

I'm 37, at a very low age I used to play Atari 2600, maybe 5 yo. My first Arcade was Outrun and on PC was Prince of Persia (PC286). 

But only got my first vg in 1989-1990 the Atari 2600. 

In that order: Atari 2600, Snes, PS1, DreamCast, PS2, GBA, GameCube, PSP, PS3, DS, Switch, PS4.

I have others as a part of my collection.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My very first video (real) game was Pokemon Blue on the Gameboy Advance back in 2000. Still one of the best nostalgic games for me and I still own the Gameboy with the original Pokemon Blue cartridge (not the original box sadly).

That's 20 years ago. There have been many, many consoles from that day onward I played fantastic games on (Wii, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Ps2, Ps4). :D

• 8 months later...

Going on 34 years now... was sometime in 1987 that my dad brought home the original NES with Mario/Duck Hunt, and started me on my epic gamer journey across a million lives.  I still have that NES (and the zapper too) and everything still works!

My grandparents had an Atari 2600 before that, but not much for games (Pong, Pacman, Championship Soccer) so even though I had played abit with my grandpa, it was that original NES that really got me going.

Edited by felatio_deltoro

It must be at least 22 for me since I recall GoldenEye 64 being the first game I played when I was five years old. If it wasn't that then it must have been Banjo Kazooie or Rogue Squadron but I feel like it was GoldenEye.