Hanging Out is very difficult

Been at Hanging Out for over two hours and the absolute best I was able to pull off is 1:04:50 seconds.

Whereas the first three Warp zones all had levels that were relatively straight forward to get at least a Gold, Hanging Out is a huge difficulty spike. The biggest problem is the fan enemies, especially towards the end of the level when they move up and down.

Following a Platinum Relic run by RedPalmTree, I can reach the two timed boxes by 2:40 - 2:70 seconds. However he reaches the timed box in the second area by 11:17 seconds. On the over a hundred of attempts I've pulled on this level, I've managed no more than 11:46 at best.

Brian (PS4Trophies) gets to the second area of the monkey bars in under 24 seconds. I cannot get there in under 24 seconds, if I'm lucky I can manage around 24:25 - 24:50 seconds. Even while being lucky on the fan enemies I cannot reach the end in under 1 minute 4 seconds. You have to get at least 1 minute 3:96 seconds to score a Gold, and well under a minute for the Platinum.

So far this is the worst level I've attempted a Gold Relic in.

A couple of things to keep in mind.

Slide-jump gives you a bit more speed, try to use it as much as you can.

The  whole level is timed exactly the same every time. This means that the fan enemies are always moving and you have some control over where they are by picking up the clock at a certain time. (i.e. if you are exactly as fast from the clock to the fan enemy twice in a row, but you waited half a second on your 2nd attempt before picking up that clock, the fan will be in a slightly different position).

The RedPalmTree one is extremely fast from the start to the clock, so if you can't mimic that exactly, the entire timing of the rest of the level will be different. This is very important for the monkey bar parts, as this determines if you have to wait for the enemies to pass, or if you have a free path to slip past. You have to find the timing that works for you, look at the parts that slow you down and try to work out a way to make it faster by picking up the clock slower or faster.

Obviously use the running shoes.

I can't think of any special tricks for this level from when I beat it. You'll just have to keep at it. You can do it. Some of these levels are just aggrevating, that's all (I've nearly broken my controller more than once).

Edited by Ric

Beat it after two and a half hours.

The slide and jump maneuver saves seconds off the clock when you reach the monkey bars. You have to die to the fan enemies quite a lot before you start to understand how to get past them.

Once I reached the row of Nitro boxes by 49 seconds I was pretty much good. Still, I barely made the time. 1 minute, 3.19 seconds.

Thank goodness we don't have to go for the Platinum relics because I would of broken two controllers at this point.