Project Platinum Plus: Metal Gear (Closed)

Wavergray

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone up to LJC1204 has been added to the hall of fame.

On 1/12/2018 at 5:49 PM, Swotam said:

OP hasn't updated the first post in over a month, so I guess this one is dead...

Not dead, just really busy IRL.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Goddamn I don't wanna buy Survive... but it looks like this PP will force me to do it. Ah who knows, maybe it'll actually be a fun game and a fun plat.

Anyway, I got all MG games except for MGS2 platinumed and 100% on GZ, so I have obtained Platinum for 5 of the required games... so that makes me Venom? I guess the description should be " You have obtained the platinum for AT LEAST 4 of the required games." just to be exact you know :)  Also, really glad the all platforms thing got removed, this makes Big Boss (or Naked in this case) actually possible for me and I'll definitely go for it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone up to nabinha has been added.

Metal Gear Survive has been added to the required games. With this change, all Naked ranked participants have been dropped to Venom rank. 

@A-Brawl3r @Predatorobergott @PliskinCobra @craigm1987 @Starlove- @Fox-Hand-89 @Ptirle If you wish to regain Naked rank you must plat Metal Gear Survive. Have fun with that.

8 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Everyone up to nabinha has been added.

Metal Gear Survive has been added to the required games. With this change, all Naked ranked participants have been dropped to Venom rank. 

@A-Brawl3r @Predatorobergott @PliskinCobra @craigm1987 @Starlove- @Fox-Hand-89 @Ptirle If you wish to regain Naked rank you must plat Metal Gear Survive. Have fun with that.

I dont want to be mean or anything but who the hell thinks mg survive is a mgs game? I see no reason for this garbage to be in pp. Is it because of the name? Imagine pile of shit and u put a name on it saying metal gear and by default it's mgs game? No, it aint. 

Same thing with resident evil pp... Umbrela Corps and Operation Racoon City, we all know how shitty the games are and are not canon. Its worse then a spinoff, its garbage. Umbrela Corps dont even have a resident evil name in the title. 

Edited by Ptirle
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

I dont want to be mean or anything but who the hell thinks mg survive is a mgs game? I see no reason for this garbage to be in pp. Is it because of the name? Imagine pile of shit and u put a name on it saying metal gear and by default it's mgs game? No, it aint. 

Same thing with resident evil pp... Umbrela Corps and Operation Racoon City, we all know how shitty the games are and are not canon. Its worse then a spinoff, its garbage. Umbrela Corps dont even have a resident evil name in the title. 

Spin offs count for PPs. How that are handled is up to the admin of whichever PP.
For this PP the spin offs (METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE and Metal Gear Survive) count for the plat rank.

Nah, I'm not interested in Survive, and so far nobody has completed it.

Good luck to all the former Naked rank if you guys are going to give it a try  @Predatorobergott because you are the only one attempting it at the moment.

It looks like a really huge grind ?

or is this an April Fool's joke?...

Edited by PliskinCobra
  • Like 1

Sign me up for Venom, I have:

• Metal Gear Solid 3 1M38ab2b.png
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker 1M98a18a.png
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 1Mb79af2.png
  • Metal Gear Solid V 1Mb76c23.png

Working on MGS2 and at some point I also wanna do Ground Zeroes and the challenging Revengance.

Fuck Survive, I'm not gonna do that ?

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Congratulations on regaining Naked rank. 
How was Survive? 

Grindy, but I had fun with it. The game is not nearly as bad as some claim it to be, especially with the stuff Konami added to make the game more enjoyable. Still, it was a long grind and I am glad I got it done.

On 23. 5. 2018 at 10:49 PM, Predatorobergott said:

Grindy, but I had fun with it. The game is not nearly as bad as some claim it to be, especially with the stuff Konami added to make the game more enjoyable. Still, it was a long grind and I am glad I got it done.

How long did it take you in total? And was there too much grinding? Honestly the only thing that makes me consider buying Survive is this PP, but if it's a too long grind I won't bother.

Edited by Tommy_Games_SVK

• 2 weeks later...
On 27.5.2018 at 6:55 PM, Tommy_Games_SVK said:

How long did it take you in total? And was there too much grinding? Honestly the only thing that makes me consider buying Survive is this PP, but if it's a too long grind I won't bother.

Around 300 hours in total (60 hours was just me getting familiar with all the mechanics though), but with the current updates (chapter select, drop rate, auto-win online when achiving an S-Rank, etc) the platinum got a lot more enjoyable and much easier. When it comes to online, it is still a grind for coop-items and such nonetheless, but I've played MUCH worse games online with MUCH worse grinds. The playerbase is mostly doing well (especially on weekends) and the game is indeed fun. Play it slow, get ready for a rocky start, finish the story at your own pace. Grab a guide and checklist for the "Foodie" and "Collector" trophy. You can jump into coop whenever you feel like. If you wanna play a survival game with a nice adventure-feel in singleplayer and fun coop, the game is worth your time. It is all up to you. Just don't except it to be like any other Metal Gear game in terms of story or overall quality. It is it's own thing and despite all good I can say about the game (and all the fun I still have with it) it is obvious Konami made this game as a mere cashgrab. Still I'd say: I recommend this game

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...