Australia EB Games Black Friday Sale

Dessane

Hey guys, for those of you who haven't seen the black friday sales in Australia have started with eb games putting a heap of things up on their website. Some decent savings plus the girl at my local store stopped me buying some games today and said to wait until Friday. I'm also pretty keen on that PS4 pro bundle $499 for the 1TB pro with Wolfenstein 2, Dishonoured 2, Fall Out 4, Evil Within 2 and Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowwind. I'm planning on buying it and then trading the games for a couple that I actually want. Hope you get some good deals 

Good thing this is a weekend long sale, I won't have any spare money until Saturday, I'd of course need to see what kind of offers they are as well.

EDIT: Apart from the 25% off 12 months of PS+, nothing of interest for me either, guess I'll just be putting a deposit on a pre-order for the Yakuza 6 After Hours Premium Edition.

Edited by Lady Blanc

9 hours ago, Feral said:

Lol because they can make you pay for it and they like money.

Yeah but I mean, if I walk into a local EB, I don't even get a card, I get the code on a reciept. Thus meaning no reason to ship it xD

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

Most of the games on sale are substantially cheaper at Ozgameshop online. 

Yeah I thought about it an hour ago figured I'd go check and ended up buying Berserk for $44 instead of $68. Don't mind the wait for shipping tbh, as I've got a huge backlog to go through.

Also picked up Knights of Azure for $30 and Steins;Gate Zero for $22 couldn't resist lol.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

Yeah I thought about it an hour ago figured I'd go check and ended up buying Berserk for $44 instead of $68. Don't mind the wait for shipping tbh, as I've got a huge backlog to go through.

Also picked up Knights of Azure for $30 and Steins;Gate Zero for $22 couldn't resist lol.

Nice pickups, The Evil Within 2 is also a great deal at $35

3 hours ago, Nitro said:

Yeah but I mean, if I walk into a local EB, I don't even get a card, I get the code on a reciept. Thus meaning no reason to ship it xD

True enough and sure they could email you the code. But clearly they like keeping Australia Post in business lol.

2 hours ago, CjShai said:

Most of the games on sale are substantially cheaper at Ozgameshop online. 

They take forever to send anything. At least EB will give me my stuff this year.

3 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

Do they usually stock imports? It’s weird but I like my games to be all the same region so I always buy local. Even thou it’s much more expensive 

Their copies are English European. So I guess they come from the UK.

1 minute ago, black__bunny said:

Do they usually stock imports? It’s weird but I like my games to be all the same region so I always buy local. Even thou it’s much more expensive 

Only EU unfortunately, I don't think there is anyone in Australia importing and selling different region. Well not store/online retailer. 

They are quite good for Vita games

I may do a little cleanup of physical PSVR games through Australian sales including the EBGames sale in the next week. Out of the 40 (technically 39) games which have a 'PlayStation VR Required' or 'PlayStation VR Compatible' label that have been released thus far I have 17. Should be able to increase that to 21 soon.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, olimoo101 said:

I may do a little cleanup of physical PSVR games through Australian sales including the EBGames sale in the next week. Out of the 40 (technically 39) games which have a 'PlayStation VR Required' or 'PlayStation VR Compatible' label that have been released thus far I have 17. Should be able to increase that to 21 soon.

Which one is your favourite VR game so far ?

The digital VR sale on PSN is not bad either 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Which one is your favourite VR game so far ?

The digital VR sale on PSN is not bad either

My favourite by far is Resident Evil VII. I could write multiple lengthy essays on my experience with that game. In short though, it was one of the most emotional experiences I've ever had in my life.

"emotional?" I hear you ask.

Throughout the entirety of the game (or at least up until the last quarter) my heartbeat was through the roof. I was sweating like crazy on cold days because of the terror I would feel every time Jack Baker would turn around a corner to find me and stare at me in the eyes. A slight creak from behind me would make me jump and almost shit my pants. I would feel a rush of adrenaline going from one point of the Baker house to another because of how on-edge I was about something happening. Every damn second of that game was more thrilling than most other things I've done in my life.

It was one crazy ride and one I will not be forgetting until I am dead. VR is the best.

What's your favourite VR game so far?

Edited by olimoo101
  • Like 1

The Pro deal is pretty dope.

Honestly I think the 2DS with Mario Kart is the best thing they got, but I've already got a N3DSXL, and Mario Kart... and a Switch with MK8 at that.

You can never count on EB having too much though.

Did you guys see Catch of the Day had the PSVR bundle thing for 270, plus shipping today? Also Target and JB are doing slim PS4s for 270.

I picked up the VR bundle from Big W the other day for 333 including shipping, but I'm expecting to flip Skyrim and VR Worlds for at least 50 odd. Also, if someone wants an unopened copy of either of those games, hit me up before I take it to Gumtree.