Marvel Heroes to close Friday 24th Nov

TheLiamK

Just now, Sergen said:

He quoted a post someone made about finishing their job at 4pm EST and wanting to know if they had enough time. But I really don't think 5 hours is enough to do all that, it would be cutting it incredibly close. 

im getting my character through the story atm and then im gonna legendary farm which is gonna be great 

8 minutes ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

It says 16 hours 35 mins on the timer

Hey genius, 16 hours, 35 minutes means the game is shutting down at 9pm EST. A guy posted asking how long he'd have if he got back from work at 4pm EST, he was quoted and told that from that point he'd have 5 hours. We've already been through this hahaha. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

It says 16 hours 35 mins on the timer

Please tell me you are not being serious and you aren't that thick. Please let me keep my faith in humanity.

I posted "17hrs 27mins at the time of this posting" 54 minutes ago....so obviously the timer is going to be lower than when I posted that. If it wasn't.....the timer would be frozen or stuck. Fuck sake, did that really need explaining?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I don't really trust these server shut dates anymore. It was the same shit with Kill Strain. You never know these days.

In cases like Kill Strain or Little Big Planet Karting where they are shutting down servers due to lack of player interest there is a chance that ultimately they change their minds. The pre-dump interest bump by frantic trophy hunters converging on a server may even be the reason why servers stay open for an extended time :lol:. This is a different case altogether. Gazillion lost the licensing rights to the Marvel characters from Disney and the company itself is shutting down. This server IS going down, sadly.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Please tell me you are not being serious and you aren't that thick. Please let me keep my faith in humanity.

I posted "17hrs 27mins at the time of this posting" 54 minutes ago....so obviously the timer is going to be lower than when I posted that. If it wasn't.....the timer would be frozen or stuck. Fuck sake, did that really need explaining?

Some folks need Scott Steiner to teach them :hmm:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Arislamicus said:

Marvelheroes.info is not affiliated with Marvel Entertainment or Gazillion.

My guess would be due to the fact that former employees are coming out and saying they know the game is closing on November 24th, I am also guessing they know the exact time it is closing and considering it's a website about Marvel Heroes, I'm sure they had the information revealed to them by a former employee. I don't think the timer would be counting down towards anything else, it's not like the game is going to get a new DLC pack. 

Edited by Sergen

4 minutes ago, shadow_hunter_x2 said:

so i m 220mil away from lvl 5 .. i ll try the juggernaut op after a break then :) 

You have around 15 hours to finish it now, doing it that way will make the remaining amount take you around 5 hours to get as long as you're playing on at least Cosmic difficulty. Good luck! 

Edited by Sergen

12 minutes ago, Sergen said:

My guess would be due to the fact that former employees are coming out and saying they know the game is closing on November 24th, I am also guessing they know the exact time it is closing and considering it's a website about Marvel Heroes, I'm sure they had the information revealed to them by a former employee. I don't think the timer would be counting down towards anything else, it's not like the game is going to get a new DLC pack. 

Maybe i just dont want to believe it jajajaja... well, its not the end of the world. Thanks

17 minutes ago, Sergen said:

If I remember right from the game's Discord, the dev of the website has said the time was a guess. There has not been any confirmed time of shut down yet. The game devs that also have been on the Discord all say it'll be shut down today, but again, no one seems to know the exact time (yet)

16 minutes ago, Elite said:

how long would rank 3 - 5 take with max xp bonus's from characters, cosmic and boosts 

Depends on how fast you can clear the Juggernaut Op. Seems like most people are averaging around 4-6 hours... some less, some more. I personally took around 6 hours to do it

• Like 1

Just now, ekrueger24 said:

Depends on how fast you can clear the Juggernaut Op. Seems like most people are averaging around 4-6 hours... some less, some more. I personally took around 6 hours to do it

sorry for asking alot of questions but how does it work exactly? do i just go to operations and keep repeating while also doing the optional objectives

16 minutes ago, Elite said:

sorry for asking alot of questions but how does it work exactly? do i just go to operations and keep repeating while also doing the optional objectives

Yeah, pretty much. Just repeat it over and over again, making sure to kill enough enemies to get the full bounty chests.

• Like 2

Just got the platinum in time. Sucks about the server shutdown, especially since we didn't even get an oficial statement, all we got were devs telling us through discord.

For those who are trying to get the legendary to rank 5 I recommend replaying the Juggernaut Operation ( Church of Purification ).

I played with Iceman on Omega dificulty (highest difficulty) with 9 characters on the sinergy (which gives a 90% boost to exp) and 5x exp boosts and it took me 15min max to clear (killing the enemies for both chests and then clear the boss) and I got on average 8million each time (sometimes got 10million when the boss dropped two additional chests).

• Like 1