Marvel Heroes to close Friday 24th Nov

TheLiamK

5 hours ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

People really should start taking unofficial statements with a good pinch of salt. Anyway, I'll keep on playing until they actually shut it down, be it Dec. 31st or not. If I get the plat I get it, if I don't I don't.

I always push no mather what and i think many others do the same thing that don't want any unobtainable trophies on their lists. I didn't started this game but i really want to. That's why i'm thinking about it so it is a 50/50 position. Do i want to take the risk or not.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TrophyDad said:

everything works as of right now.....seems like my 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/6161-marvel-heroes-omega/19-treasure-hunting

is glitched i played every one twice...I know that  Buri's Estate is missing but seems weird...any thoughts ?

Did you get rooftop access in chapter 1? It's actually in Hell's kitchen north not south. That is the one I missed. I just thought for some reason that since you start the chapter on the roof that must be it. If not well sorry to waste your time.

2 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I always push no mather what and i think many others do the same thing that don't want any unobtainable trophies on their lists. I didn't started this game but i really want to. That's why i'm thinking about it so it is a 50/50 position. Do i want to take the risk or not.

If you have the time to do it quickly, which means devoting long hours a day to go for it, it might be worth the risk. If you think you can only play a few hours a day and will only get this closer to the "official" server shutdown date, I'd recommend you didn't since it can shut down any day now.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

I'm in the same boat as TazDevilz1986. I really wanted to play this game and I had the Thanksgiving break to put in some really good time, but then this Friday shutdown rumor came about, so I didn't start it. If it's just some ex-devs trolling gamers because they lost their jobs and that's the only way they can get back at people that's pretty sick. If they really thought it would shut down yesterday then that's understandable (it could even end today, who knows). I wish some official would come out and say that was false rumors and it really is shutting down Dec 31st.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, colinmazzini said:

Did you get rooftop access in chapter 1? It's actually in Hell's kitchen north not south. That is the one I missed. I just thought for some reason that since you start the chapter on the roof that must be it. If not well sorry to waste your time.

Yes I did find that error in the check list thanks for posting thou..I am right now going thru a 3rd time...My guess is I might need to use a new character and replay story

5 hours ago, TrophyDad said:

is glitched i played every one twice...I know that  Buri's Estate is missing but seems weird...any thoughts ?

A friend and I had an issue with Buri's Estate as well. I found all the treasure rooms no problem and I'm pretty sure I visited Buri's Estate but when I went through with my friend to help him we couldn't find that one on the Lower Asgard map. There was a black square on the map that we couldn't figure out how to access. Later he said he was doing some reading and found out the levels are semi random or maybe they have a couple of set configurations but he didn't know how to get the map to refresh. I'm sure we'll try to figure it out again today, assuming of course we can still logon. We tried logging off and back on, maybe changing difficulty settings would help.

Edit: I just logged in and went to Lower Asgard and the map is different and there's Buri's Estate, totally accessible. I remember changing characters then changing back is something people recommended for resetting treasure rooms, that might change the map too.

Edited by mking_63

My guess is that there is no real "end" date or time. It will be whenever either:

a.) Someone cancels or shuts off utilities to the facility.

b.) Whenever whomever now controls or owns Gazillion's assets (may be a person or company, I honestly dont know) decides to swing by the building and unplug and take any equipment running the servers.

Any of these can be at any time, really, although I imagine you won't see anything happening until Monday at the earliest due to holiday breaks.

18 hours ago, TrophyDad said:

It was glitched the other day but jump now to asgard and you'll find it all the way to the left!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dragon11gggg said:

Do you guys think the servers are closing sometime tomorrow or it will stay on a while longer? 

I regret not waiting till Monday to start playing this game 

Who knows? At this point, I'm inclined to think the messages on Discord came from angry developers who had nothing else to lose anyway. The only official info that we got is Dec. 31st as shutdown date. I'll just play for as long as it's on or I get the plat, whatever comes first.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

58 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Exactly this ^

Games never shut on weekends so it was never going to shut on Saturday or Sunday, but if it survives Monday then i'd be inclined to say it will reach December 31st.

I hope it lasts, there's no way I can get level 4 and 5 of my legendary maxed out by tomorrow. It's already been SO much work this weekend.

38 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Damn, if the servers are still up by tomorrow, I may as well try to go for the plat. I'm at 7% from a while ago and I'll at least try to get as much done as I can.

What's some tips to make it go fast?

34 minutes ago, auscomando said:

Always have combination boosts activated, level 5 heroes to 60 first, then concentrate on the miscellaneous for your preferred hero.

Also, the first thing you should do is "buy" loot crates until you have enough Legendary Marks to buy a Legendary Equipment and equip it on your main character to accumulate exp. for it from the get go. You don't need to grind the 5 heroes to level 60, you can simply buy the Omega Prestige for Magik, Storm, Jean Grey and Psylocke on the store. You can also Omega Prestige SpiderMan, but you have to buy his Omega pack from the Rooster menu, not from the actual store. Once you done that and have them Omega Prestiged, get your main to level 60 and you'll get the trophy for having 5 heroes at level 60. Do the trials at least until Cosmic as soon as possible. To beat Cosmic, I had to have She-Hulk at level 60 with full Cosmic Gear* (which you'll get if you activate the combination boosts, since you get Shield Loot Crates periodically with them and they always carry Cosmic equipment), but you can beat the Super Heroic one sooner -- do that so you don't waste too much time on Normal difficulty, which gives too little experience. Finally, as soon as you have the necessary levels, add your Omega Prestiged characters on the Synergy menu for your main character. About Infinity points, I put them all on Defense since I'd rather have my main character less spongy to avoid death on bosses on Cosmic difficult.

*BTW, She-Hulk has a very useful Confuse attack which saved my ass on the Cosmic Trial, since you can spam it to have the normal enemies (not the boss) attack each other.

EDIT: Use this checklist to find all the Treasure Rooms. They are easy to find, but having a checklist is very useful to keep track: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fa4jdt_u_2xG0iW93tyxcFyz0uYkCufQBGheFL6dWlA/edit#gid=1552231441

Edited by fabmorais_2011
  • Like 1

Tips for a quick plat, assuming a fresh start.

1. Buy the 4 Omega characters from the store, select each one and Omega prestige them.
  2. Select the character you are going to use (not 1 of the 4 above). Scarlet Witch is supposed to be good for the trials but I used Hulk.
  3. Buy Marvel Hero lock boxes until you have the 300 legendary currency to buy a legendary item for you character and equip.
  4. Buy boosts. Always be XP boosting.
  5. Play with your main, when you hit 60 you should get the "5 heros at Level 60" trophy because the Omega characters count for that.
  6. Prestige your main, get back to 60 and Prestige again. (Omega prestige characters don't count for the prestige trophies)
  7. Focus on the gameplay trophies while getting XP for your Legendary item.
  8. When all you have left is levelling your Legendary item just grind XP however you want. I used the Church Operation.

Regarding the gameplay trophies;

1. Do story mode. Focus on getting all treasure rooms, doing 24 different Alerts, completing 7 different Supervillian showdowns.
  2. Do 50 Legendary Quests. These will involve some Operations and Patrol objectives.
  3. Do 14 different Operations, then grind the Church Operation until you've unlocked 50 chests.
  4. Finish Patrol trophies. Rescue 100 civilians, defeat 150 Supervillians.

Hope that helps. :):platinum:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mking_63 said:
  1. Do story mode. Focus on getting all treasure rooms, doing 24 different Alerts, completing 7 different Supervillian showdowns.

BTW, when they say 24 different alerts, they must be 24 unique alerts right, meaning you can't do the same easy alert 24 times, correct? I still need that one.

Edited by fabmorais_2011