No New Trophies

8 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Literally not an answer to the question.

It's exactly the answer to it

How is it not? In fact, my answer was way more productive than your response. Your post is just spam at this point. You literally added zero to the conversation. At least I gave a theory as to why ms got cheevos over why ps would have them. 

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's exactly the answer to it

How is it not? In fact, my answer was way more productive than your response. Your post is just spam at this point. You literally added zero to the conversation. At least I gave a theory as to why ms got cheevos over why ps would have them. 

You seem bothered, for no reason.

Link me the developers saying "Steam/Xbox gamers like them more so they get more." That doesn't even really make sense since they could just toss the same ones into both with less effort. Having less is choosing what to include on PS, which means more work.

The rules for trophies are different, that's probably the actual answer. But I'm too lazy to google it, so didn't put it in my original comment. But there ya go since you're so triggered by my original one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

You seem bothered, for no reason.

Link me the developers saying "Steam/Xbox gamers like them more so they get more." That doesn't even really make sense since they could just toss the same ones into both with less effort. Having less is choosing what to include on PS, which means more work.

The rules for trophies are different, that's probably the actual answer. But I'm too lazy to google it, so didn't put it in my original comment. But there ya go since you're so triggered by my original one.

So, you have a spamming and reading comprehension problem. I can't help you. I'll go ahead and stop this spam thread you insist on continuing. 

They'll likely add trophies for these heists AND forthcoming new heists together in one big go like they did before.

Microsoft are very lenient with achievements; I don't believe they have a points cap for them unlike Sony who insist on making everything as hard as possible for devs, as usual, by adding a points cap and a rigorous approval system that usually takes a lot longer than it does with Microsoft (No i'm not a Microsoft fan boy, these are facts, go look at World of Tanks and SMITE on XBOX if you don't believe me about the points cap). Overkill likely just want to release all the trophies on PSN in one big go instead of multiple smaller batches.

• Like 1

You got the new patch already? Becasue I don't have yet. (Europe, 8 am CET)

We need the new patch/update to gain access to the new DLC and trophies.

In short: You can purchase the DLC already, but need to wait for the game update to play it.

Edited by sXe_SiC_

3 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

They'll likely add trophies for these heists AND forthcoming new heists together in one big go like they did before.

Microsoft are very lenient with achievements; I don't believe they have a points cap for them unlike Sony who insist on making everything as hard as possible for devs, as usual, by adding a points cap and a rigorous approval system that usually takes a lot longer than it does with Microsoft (No i'm not a Microsoft fan boy, these are facts, go look at World of Tanks and SMITE on XBOX if you don't believe me about the points cap). Overkill likely just want to release all the trophies on PSN in one big go instead of multiple smaller batches.

Could you imagine if there was no points cap? It'd be a complete disaster.

19 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Could you imagine if there was no points cap? It'd be a complete disaster.

XBOX seems to do just fine. It just depends on if you like the game or not. Most games there get the same achievements that PS4 gets, but some devs elect to add way more on XBOX since there's no cap, it just depends on whether you like the game(s) that happens to for whether you like it or not. 

2 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

XBOX seems to do just fine. It just depends on if you like the game or not. Most games there get the same achievements that PS4 gets, but some devs elect to add way more on XBOX since there's no cap, it just depends on whether you like the game(s) that happens to for whether you like it or not. 

It's already bad enough that games like My Name is Mayo are allowed platinums. If they were also allowed to give you 10K+ trophy points, trophy points will become so bloated and uneven throughout games that they become pointless. Someone could have 10K points and only 1 game, someone else could've completed 5 games and not have 10K points. A standard stops the numbers from skyrocketing out of control like the madness you see on Steam.

4 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

This is also the case with games like Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. On the XBOX and PC (Origin) versions have DLC achievements for both the Legends of the Lawn and Zomboss Down free content updates. The PlayStation versions however, don't have DLC trophies for the Legends of the Lawn pack.

In this case it was Sony's policy of not allowing them to add 'Free DLC trophies' more than once in the same game, that's why Zomboss Down had trophies, but not Legends of the Lawn.

I'll play X360 version too just for the sake of getting those achievements.

BTW: The exceptions to the 'free dlc rule' are F2P games. See: Warframe

2 hours ago, charlijaen said:

In this case it was Sony's policy of not allowing them to add 'Free DLC trophies' more than once in the same game, that's why Zomboss Down had trophies, but not Legends of the Lawn.

I'll play X360 version too just for the sake of getting those achievements.

BTW: The exceptions to the 'free dlc rule' are F2P games. See: Warframe

If Sony's policy is not allowing to add 'Free DLC trophies' more than once in the same (not F2P) game, then how do you explain all the Trophies for all the free Rocket League DLC?

1 hour ago, Klart said:

If Sony's policy is not allowing to add 'Free DLC trophies' more than once in the same (not F2P) game, then how do you explain all the Trophies for all the free Rocket League DLC?

Well, nobody really knows Sony's trophy policies because each developing studio gives a different excuse referring to Sony's policy.

Before PS4 no PSN only game had a platinum, and now any game can have one if it 'meets Sony's requirements' whatever they are.

It may have changed after the release of PvZ GW. Or maybe some games are treated in a special way if the game matters a lot like Rocket League (remember the original game was a PS3 exclusive game and Sony might have made an exception regarding to free DLC for the PS4 revamped game).

3 hours ago, charlijaen said:

Before PS4 no PSN only game had a platinum

There's tons of examples that prove that that's not true. Call of Duty Classic, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Crysis, Dead Nation, Far Cry Classic, Guacamelee, Hotline Miami, Motorstorm RC, Okami HD, Rainbow Moon, Ratchet Deadlocked, Section 8/Section 8 Prejudice, Spare Parts, Spelunker HD, Trine, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, the list goes on. Even the first Payday is an example.

That used to be the case, but it certainly wasn't up until the PS4 released. It hasn't been that way since like 2009 (I think Trine was one of the first IIRC). Who knows what their requirements regarding trophies are now but they're definitely a lot more lax than they used to be when trophies were first introduced.

• Like 2