Metal Gear Rising: Revengence - Angry Review

The window is cut down drastically for parry and block in higher difficulties and you can still receive damage through a block alone if you fail to time it perfectly for a parry. Don't agree with cutscenes and codec that the game would still be 5-6 hours as well. The 540 codecs (or 400 if you just want the trophy) will take hours alone.

Still a decent review. It was worth the day 1 pick up for me, but I can easily see people justfying wanting for a price drop or renting it.

The window is cut down drastically for parry and block in higher difficulties and you can still receive damage through a block alone if you fail to time it perfectly for a parry. Don't agree with cutscenes and codec that the game would still be 5-6 hours as well. The 540 codecs (or 400 if you just want the trophy) will take hours alone.

Still a decent review. It was worth the day 1 pick up for me, but I can easily see people justfying wanting for a price drop or renting it.

Thing is, he's actually wrong about the time. The game is actually 8-9 hours long, with cutscenes, longer with CODECs. 5-6 if you skip everything.

People aren't realizing that the "Final Time" only tracks you FASTEST time through a given ranked fight.

IE: You complete a ranked fight in 20 minutes, die and restart at the last checkpoint, and then finish that same fight in 15 minutes - the final time only clocks the 15 minute fight - not the 20 before it, nor the time actually retrying. The game is paced so fast - it never really stops from beginning to end, it FEELS short.

Edited by Fox

• 2 years later...