Hate grinding SWBF2? Check this out!

Bullstomp

That seems really mean to people trying to play legit. 

But then, if you make a borked progression system you have to expect shit like this. Playing videogames is essentially expert training in min/maxing systems. Same reason people would rubber-band in Skyrim or Oblivion to build up sneak skill, etc.

Make a system which disincentivises proper play by rewarding you with almost the same amount of credits whether you came top of the team or last and people will take the path of least resistance to get their credits. 

• Like 1

I make 10 times what this guy does in half the time, just by playing the game...

There's actually nothing wrong with the progression. Infact it's Too easy with the nerf.

With about 15 hours, I am unstoppable as Leia in HvV.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

The grind is fucked but an afk bot.. really? Defeats the purpose of playing games if you're just going to afk it all the time.

I don't think he is doing all his grinding that way, just when he is away from his console. But it says a lot about the progression system that such a thing works lol.

Well, I can’t blame them. Everyone gets the same exact amount of credits, no matter how you perform. :S So what’s the point of playing better if you won’t get rewarded for it?

Another bullshit made in EA. They definitely fucked up so hard. For sure, DICE and other studios wanted to make a good game but EA stepped in and fucked all up.

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 2:29 AM, Bullstomp said:

I don't think he is doing all his grinding that way, just when he is away from his console. But it says a lot about the progression system that such a thing works lol.

That it works is just engineering genius, but it doesn’t mean progression is broken. 

On 11/24/2017 at 10:28 PM, A12 said:

I make 10 times what this guy does in half the time, just by playing the game...

There's actually nothing wrong with the progression. Infact it's Too easy with the nerf.

I get way more than what he is getting as well and to come up with this system is just plain ignorance if it’s to defy the progression system in Battlefront 2. There’s absolutely no reason to do this. Play the game or don’t, but I don’t spend money on games to have a bot play them for me

On 11/24/2017 at 4:28 PM, A12 said:

2 hours ago, cam_wick said:

That it works is just engineering genius, but it doesn’t mean progression is broken. 

I get way more than what he is getting as well and to come up with this system is just plain ignorance if it’s to defy the progression system in Battlefront 2. There’s absolutely no reason to do this. Play the game or don’t, but I don’t spend money on games to have a bot play them for me

I think it is funny you guys automatically assume this is the only way this guy is levelling. It is mentioned in the article this is how he levels when he is AFK. 

SO basically if you do anything in your life besides gaming, such as sleeping, you can add to your progression in this game with this bot.

• Like 1

I am personally against this in a PvP setting, you're cheapening the experience for everyone involved, you're basically forcing your team to play a man down and are giving the opposition an easy target they can kill over and over again to cheese out a cheap win. In a PvE setting I think it's fine, for things like step-related trophies (I still hate you for that trophy, SoulCalibur V :shakefist:) or excessively high time-related trophies (You can get every trophy in Saints Row IV well before the 40 hour mark if you know what you're doing).

And that reward system is incredibly poor, why such a small difference between the winner and loser? You're basically encouraging this behaviour or treating it as standard practice, not to mention disincentivising actual effort, since it's basically a participation reward with a token prize for the winner . A more balanced approach would be how say, FF XIV handles PvP rewards, the losing team only receives 50% of the EXP and Wolf Marks (special currency for the vendors in the PvP hub area) that the winners get, with the winning side getting 1000 marks. So to get a level 60 weapon would take 4 wins, but would take 8 losses, that seems much more balanced, and rewards skill over simple participation.

Edited by Lady Blanc
Slight punctuation error
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, TiNnYzEuS said:

Is the grind really that bad? I didn’t think it was so bad in SWBF1 on the original game, the dlc was a twat though.

There is no grind it’s all hearsay bs from people mad about the MTX lootboxes scandal. I’m level 23 and have totally been enjoying the game, there is no reason to have an “afk system”, just turn off the game and don’t waste other players’ time, especially on a game that’s only been out a week. Just like everybody’s already setting up boosting sessions for it- my god just play it first before boosting the trophies. It’s pathetic really 

Edited by cam_wick
Typo

46 minutes ago, cam_wick said:

There is no grind it’s all hearsay bs from people mad about the MTX lootboxes scandal.

Nope. Once you hit 25 it feels significantly longer per level after, I've only just hit 32 and the grind is taxing already. Doesn't help the exp cap is 30k per game, which sometimes I've scored in excess of 50k(GA Star fighter farm).

Also doesnt help the fact there are no bonuses for winning, you'd think there would atleast be 1.5x the exp or crafting parts for winning.

9 hours ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

Nope. Once you hit 25 it feels significantly longer per level after, I've only just hit 32 and the grind is taxing already. Doesn't help the exp cap is 30k per game, which sometimes I've scored in excess of 50k(GA Star fighter farm).

Also doesnt help the fact there are no bonuses for winning, you'd think there would atleast be 1.5x the exp or crafting parts for winning.

yeah but it's still not a grind. level 100 gta 5 that is a grind. this is fun mp gaming and if people don't like doing it, don't buy the game. it hasn't even been 2 weeks since release. just play and have fun. dlc coming soon will ease the "grind"... but I honestly don't get people "farming" and grinding" this early on