Tripple Play Trophy

suistar7

From testing various theories online, such as watching kids TV, listening to the music, reading their books, I've come to the conclusion it is all pure crap. I've tested many times and am all but certain the amount of children you get is determined the moment they are pregnant. The only thing I was ever able to alter after pregnancy, but before birth, was the gender of the child. But the amount was always the same.

Only advice I can give is what I'm doing now. Speed on max and let them take care of themselves until birth. Repeatedly... Watch a film or five to ease the boredom.

Edited by Tsunami_87

5 hours ago, GhostBusters_23 said:

Ive had 7 pregnancies, both parents have the treatment but not even a set of twins let alone triplets. I'm honestly starting to think it's glitched. 

No is not glitched :) one of the pregnancies i got twins but not tripples

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Feral said:

I just got the trophy. All I did was get the fertile reward for both parents and made them woo-hoo about 5 or 6 times then voila triplets.

Guess you're really lucky. I did exactly the same thing. like 50 times but only had twins once.. This trophy is killing me lol

11 hours ago, HcG Clawz said:

Guess you're really lucky. I did exactly the same thing. like 50 times but only had twins once.. This trophy is killing me lol

Must be. Holy shit, definitely giving you a run for your money lol.

Just remembered, I had the mother make a high protein meal while in the 3rd trimester. Have to be energized to be able to make it. So that could've helped.

Edited by Feral

1 hour ago, Ekirne77 said:

After 50 tries or so I fulfilled a lot of the mothers whims. Dunno if that was determinant for something, but i got triplets. I wish ea leaked some info about this.... numbers and probabilities 

Wait, were you fullfilling those whims during the course of all those 50 tries or started doing so for the last attempt when you got triplets? 

Edited by theomgkitteh

2 hours ago, theomgkitteh said:

Wait, were you fullfilling those whims during the course of all those 50 tries or started doing so for the last attempt when you got triplets? 

lol no, for my last attempt. But I guess I was really lucky and it was just a coincidence. My two cents though.

Got the trophy yesterday. I made a male sim and 8 female sims. All had Fertile trait. Females lived separately from a father. Afrer he woo-hood with all 8 of them I saved the game. Then I looked who got triplets, reload the save file and invited the 'lucky' mother to live with me. Then just waited and after she gave birth, the trophy popped. Got it on my second try (that's about 40 minutes in).

Weird thing though. Mothers suppose to call you and say that they gave birth to your children. But some of them didn't (mostly those, who got twins and the triplets mother). So, I had to look manually in family tree.

Edited by theomgkitteh

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 8:09 AM, Mindary said:

This trophy is driving me crazy.

Anymore confirmations on this?

Edit: Just got it using the method as descibed by "SPACE ODDITY" on this page: 

https://www.trueachievements.com/a243708/triple-play-achievement 

this is honestly your best bet, even though the trophy is still completely luck based. just remember that the outcome of your pregnancy is based on when you use 'try for a baby', not what you do while pregnant

it took me over 60 pregnancies befoRE I GOT THIS AND GOD DO I WANT TO SLAP SOMEONE FOR THIS RNG TROPHY *internal and external screaming*

On 12.2.2018 at 3:21 PM, Miliazer said:

this is honestly your best bet, even though the trophy is still completely luck based. just remember that the outcome of your pregnancy is based on when you use 'try for a baby', not what you do while pregnant

it took me over 60 pregnancies befoRE I GOT THIS AND GOD DO I WANT TO SLAP SOMEONE FOR THIS RNG TROPHY *internal and external screaming*

Lucker^^ got my Platinum now, last trophy was tripple play... i got over 500 babys

15 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

I read that city living helps with this somehow. I was thinking of buying it since it's on sale.

If you want to buy it for the triple play trophy only, don't waste your money on that. It's still luck-based and there's no guarantee that you'll get triplets with the help of the expansion. If you wanted to play City Living anyways, then it can be helpful to try getting triplets with the new trait for mansions.

The method Mindary posted is the quickest without spending additional money, though.

• 1 year later...

Over 100 births and still no triplets! I wonder if the Fertile trait is actuallly hindering me getting the trophy. Most guides say that it's pure RNG, and that I  should just keep at it. I'm trying to tomstress about it , but it could take weeks before I get it.

EDIT: 188 births total, and it finally popped with Girl #6. I didn't do anything differently from what's written in the guide. Just 2.5 days of grinding on and off.

Edited by Edunstar84