99% Completion. What the hell am I missing?

HKPictures

Hey, guys.

I've been at this trophy forever, finally got close to 100% and cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm missing.

Initially thought it was the shooting range, so I went back redid the mission got a 47 and...nothing, still 99%.

I really hoping I'm just an idiot and have overlooked something.

So, if any gracious trophy hunters would care to look at the screenshots of my stats screen, I'd really appreciate it.

https://imgur.com/a/6vwbr

Thanks, again

Not everything is tracked in the stat screen? Have you looked at a guide?

Here's one that lays it out pretty well.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-vice-city/282368-grand-theft-auto-vice-city-100-completion-guide.html

Maybe you are missing 100 taxi fares? Not sure how they'd keep track of that. I played this on the PS2, but I couldn't even finish the game! It's also been 10 years. :P

2 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Not everything is tracked in the stat screen? Have you looked at a guide?

Here's one that lays it out pretty well.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-vice-city/282368-grand-theft-auto-vice-city-100-completion-guide.html

Maybe you are missing 100 taxi fares? Not sure how they'd keep track of that. I played this on the PS2, but I couldn't even finish the game! It's also been 10 years. :P

I had the Taxi missions missing, got it up to 101. 

Thought it was the "Spend $300" at the Pole Position, but I just did that.

I hoping that I am glancing over something in my Stats screen, because most the stuff is in there.

im pretty sure this happened to me but its been so long i cant remember how i fixed it lmao. was this the gta that if you picked one mission instead of a different mission you wouldnt get 100%?? i might be thinking of a totally diff game but its worth a search. 

you know what do the jumps again, i think thats what it was for me for some reason they didnt register and when i just started redoing them there was one specific one i think around the alley or something that never registered for me. maybe thats it?

and is it possible to go to level 13 on the ambulance etc missions? i cant remember, maybe try that also

i know for sure though relooking that i had a bad issue with the jumps that took me like 2 weeks of just doing jumps to get it to register i dunno why i was going insane

Edited by melodicmizery

I'm not 100% sure but your game may be glitched. I only say this because looking at your game stats vs my 100% save file your stats list in the following order:

• PCJ Playground - 1:37
  • Trial by Dirt  - 9:58
  • Test Track - 9:58
  • Cone Crazy - 0:27

Mine shows this:

• PCJ Playground - 1:17
  • Test Track - 2:42
  • Cone Crazy - 0:26

As you can see, mine doesn't list Trial by Dirt at all, while your Test Track/Trial by Dirt times are identical. You should try to go to the spot by the Hyman Condo where Test Track and Trial by Dirt takes place. IIRC there are 2 races on the same course there, one on a dirt bike and one in a SUV. You'll probably need to complete both and maybe set a new record time. If that doesn't work then I dunno what else to try. :(

did you complete all tree stadium challenges?

it seems to me that you miss 1 challenge there, i will check my stats as soon as i arrive home.

there's another thing, did you use any cheat code and save your game after? because if you did the game will take you that 1% that you are missing. that happen to me on ps 2, and the ps 4 version also do it.

2 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

im pretty sure this happened to me but its been so long i cant remember how i fixed it lmao. was this the gta that if you picked one mission instead of a different mission you wouldnt get 100%?? i might be thinking of a totally diff game but its worth a search. 

that is gta 3

Edited by Facas

Thanks for the reply, guys.

12 hours ago, Facas said:

did you complete all tree stadium challenges?

it seems to me that you miss 1 challenge there, i will check my stats as soon as i arrive home.

there's another thing, did you use any cheat code and save your game after? because if you did the game will take you that 1% that you are missing. that happen to me on ps 2, and the ps 4 version also do it.

that is gta 3

Yeah, I did all the Stadium Challenges, Bloodring, Hotring, and Diritng aren't near eachother in Stats list

Oh, I fairly certain I've never used a cheat code, it was something I was aware I had to avoid doing.

What I'm not sure of is if I did use a cheat code, if it would affect my 100%.

I read in several the forums that using cheat codes voids the trophy, but not the 100%.

It's a real bummer, cause I don't know what's true or not; so I can't know whether I screwed up or the game did.

15 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

you know what do the jumps again, i think thats what it was for me for some reason they didnt register and when i just started redoing them there was one specific one i think around the alley or something that never registered for me. maybe thats it?

and is it possible to go to level 13 on the ambulance etc missions? i cant remember, maybe try that also

i know for sure though relooking that i had a bad issue with the jumps that took me like 2 weeks of just doing jumps to get it to register i dunno why i was going insane

I don't think it's the jumps, since it does list them as 36 of 36.

Can you go more the 12 levels in the ambulance? I'll try that.

14 hours ago, Caldor2K2 said:

I'm not 100% sure but your game may be glitched. I only say this because looking at your game stats vs my 100% save file your stats list in the following order:

• PCJ Playground - 1:37
  • Trial by Dirt  - 9:58
  • Test Track - 9:58
  • Cone Crazy - 0:27

Mine shows this:

• PCJ Playground - 1:17
  • Test Track - 2:42
  • Cone Crazy - 0:26

As you can see, mine doesn't list Trial by Dirt at all, while your Test Track/Trial by Dirt times are identical. You should try to go to the spot by the Hyman Condo where Test Track and Trial by Dirt takes place. IIRC there are 2 races on the same course there, one on a dirt bike and one in a SUV. You'll probably need to complete both and maybe set a new record time. If that doesn't work then I dunno what else to try. :(

I saw somewhere that there may be a glitch with Trial by Dirt/ Test Track.

But, that forum said as long as there both in the stats list it doesn't matter.

It's weird that your's doesn't have Trial by Dirt.

I actually did Trial by Dirt, since it wasn't listed in my Stats, but I'll try to do them again

Edited by HKPictures
Merged 2 quotes

There was a fantastic spreadsheet that i used, when i did a certain thing for the 100% i'd mark it off my list. Here is what i used:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-vice-city/297174-printable-100-checklist.html

I know it goes without saying that it's too late for you to use this, however, if worst comes to worst and you have to restart then i HIGHLY recommend you use this checklist. I had zero problems with the 100% trophy thanks to this. Sorry i can't be of help. 

Also to anyone wondering if the cheats disable the trophies, they don't.

Edited by EternalChaos72

Alright guys, update.

Just redid Trial by Dirt and Test Track.

Redoing Test Track somehow gave me a "New High Score" that was higher than my previous score 2:08

And redoing Trail by Dirt after, gave me a new score of 2:32, which then changed my score of Test Track to 2:32

Still 99%.

Running out of hope.

3 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Did you export every car at Sunshin Auto?

Did you by any chance play the cut version of the game? Can you remember doing three missions for the Haitians and for the Bikers

Yeah, I got every car. I drove up to the Sunshine Auto to check the list and everything crossed off.

I don't know how I could play a cut version, bought off the PS store.

Just now, HKPictures said:

Yeah, I got every car. I drove up to the Sunshine Auto to check the list and everything crossed off.

If your system language is set to German for example.

One last thing did you buy every savehouse in the game?

Just now, MarkusT1992 said:

If your system language is set to German for example.

One last thing did you buy every savehouse in the game?

I think I got every save house, there's 15 total, right? Assets and Safehouses combined, cause have 15 total

1 minute ago, Gamer19_95 said:

Have you been to the shooting range OFF mission and scored 45 points?

That's what I originally thought was my problem; spent about 2 hours last night and finally got a 47. Didn't change anything

3 minutes ago, HKPictures said:

Well not exactly cut per say, more like censored. Way back when Haitian Americans got all mad about how they were portrayed in the game. I think it was just because they lost to the Cubans. But anyway, the new version  (right around the gta ps2 double pack came out) has no mention of Cubans or Hatians but keeps the missions.

Just now, HKPictures said:

I think I got every save house, there's 15 total, right? Assets and Safehouses combined, cause have 15 total

Here's a list of all savehouses. Check if they are all listed in your stats. I can't remember if it should be 15

Safehouse #1: Ocean View Hotel - You will acquire this property at the beginning of the story (free).
Safehouse #2: Vercetti Estate - Story related (free).
Safehouse #3: 3321 Vice Point - Located in Vice Point ($2,500)
Safehouse #4: Links View Apartment - Located in Vice Point ($6,000)
Safehouse #5: El Swanko Casa - Located in Vice Point ($8,000)
Safehouse #6: 1102 Washington Street - Located in Washington Beach ($3,000)
Safehouse #7: Ocean Heights Apartment - Located in Ocean Beach ($7,000)
Safehouse #8: Skumole Shack - Located in Downtown ($1,000)
Safehouse #9: Hyman Condo - Located in Downtown ($14,000)

2 minutes ago, Caldor2K2 said:

Well not exactly cut per say, more like censored. Way back when Haitian Americans got all mad about how they were portrayed in the game. I think it was just because they lost to the Cubans. But anyway, the new version  (right around the gta ps2 double pack came out) has no mention of Cubans or Hatians but keeps the missions.

I'm playing on the PS4, so whatever that version is, is the one I have.

2 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Here's a list of all savehouses. Check if they are all listed in your stats. I can't remember if it should be 15

Safehouse #1: Ocean View Hotel - You will acquire this property at the beginning of the story (free).
Safehouse #2: Vercetti Estate - Story related (free).
Safehouse #3: 3321 Vice Point - Located in Vice Point ($2,500)
Safehouse #4: Links View Apartment - Located in Vice Point ($6,000)
Safehouse #5: El Swanko Casa - Located in Vice Point ($8,000)
Safehouse #6: 1102 Washington Street - Located in Washington Beach ($3,000)
Safehouse #7: Ocean Heights Apartment - Located in Ocean Beach ($7,000)
Safehouse #8: Skumole Shack - Located in Downtown ($1,000)
Safehouse #9: Hyman Condo - Located in Downtown ($14,000)

Ocean View Hotel and Vercetti Estate aren't listed in my Stats, but I have them, there on my Map and been to them.

5 minutes ago, Caldor2K2 said:

The German PS4 version is still cut. In Germany the two missions got cut because of unnecessary violence. Especially the Biker one where you only have to drive around and do chaos.

The rampages are also cut in the German version.

I had to replay the whole game because of that.

For me it's not censoring if you delete something as a whole.

Edited by MarkusT1992

1 minute ago, MarkusT1992 said:

The German PS4 version is still cut. In Germany the two missions got cut because of unnecessary violence. Especially the Biker one where you only have to drive around and do chaos.

The rampages are also cut in the German version.

I had to replay the whole game because of that.

For me it's not cesoring if you delete something as a whole.

I have the US version, so I don't think I have this problem

1 minute ago, HKPictures said:

I have the US version, so I don't think I have this problem

As long as your system language is set to English you should be good.

The very last thing I could imagine is you missed one mission somewhere. If you are sure you did every mission there is (All 22 main missions plus the 13 gang missions plus the 22 asset missions including Sunshine Auto and Malibu Club) I'm afraid you have to start from scratch.

1 minute ago, MarkusT1992 said:

As long as your system language is set to English you should be good.

The very last thing I could imagine is you missed one mission somewhere. If you are sure you did every mission there is (All 22 main missions plus the 13 gang missions plus the 22 asset missions including Sunshine Auto and Malibu Club) I'm afraid you have to start from scratch.

I am having difficulty accepting that I need to start over. i put a lot into this game, Im seriously hoping that I just forgot about something.

The only thing I can think of now is Sunshine Autos. Did you complete all 3 lists of cars? A silly question for sure but since it'll generate money after the first list possibly overlooked. Maybe drive around all your properties to see if they generate money for you.

The time on the RC plane race is way high. Maybe retry it and see what happens?

if you ever figure it out keep us posted, it drove me crazy when i was stuck lol. im curious as to what it could be now. if i still had mine re installed i would look but i dont have the space right now. the races i remember something being glitchy about those as well the one by the water i think the remote conrol race maybe but you said you already checked those. but i do recall some kind of problem with those that i had as well i dont remmeber how i fixed it. and for some reason something with the van in the parking garage is coming to mind but i cant remember why. sorry its been a while

btw i rechecked my trophy list by date and time, and then looked at yours

i might sound like a broken record but i maybe just keep trying the bike jumps ill explain why

the last 3 trophies i got were

36 jumps - 8.12pm

earn 100% - 8.42pm

platinum - 8.42

it seems as if after i did all the jumps it still didnt register even though i got the trophy. (but i would have to load my save up to see what exactly i was doing to find out what the last thing i did was but as i said id ont have the game downloaded)

when i looked at your trophy list, your last trophy was the jumps as well.

i cant help but think its connected still. i know around the alley those jumps just would not register for some reason even though i swear it said they did

Edited by melodicmizery