99% Completion. What the hell am I missing?

HKPictures

I never had trouble with this game so all I can think is if you used any cheats and saved the game it would lock at 99%? I know you COULD use cheats in GTA III but NOT in San Andreas, not sure about Vice City though.

If it’s not that then it’s something really simple that you’ll kick yourself for overlooking. I’d try the vr toyz vans, all activities in the stadium again... try everything like that. My fingers are crossed for you not having to start again because it is a lot of work - especially that bloody “take the cannoli”. Hope you figure it out mate!!

9 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

if you ever figure it out keep us posted, it drove me crazy when i was stuck lol. im curious as to what it could be now. if i still had mine re installed i would look but i dont have the space right now. the races i remember something being glitchy about those as well the one by the water i think the remote conrol race maybe but you said you already checked those. but i do recall some kind of problem with those that i had as well i dont remmeber how i fixed it. and for some reason something with the van in the parking garage is coming to mind but i cant remember why. sorry its been a while

btw i rechecked my trophy list by date and time, and then looked at yours

i might sound like a broken record but i maybe just keep trying the bike jumps ill explain why

the last 3 trophies i got were

36 jumps - 8.12pm

earn 100% - 8.42pm

platinum - 8.42

it seems as if after i did all the jumps it still didnt register even though i got the trophy. (but i would have to load my save up to see what exactly i was doing to find out what the last thing i did was but as i said id ont have the game downloaded)

when i looked at your trophy list, your last trophy was the jumps as well.

i cant help but think its connected still. i know around the alley those jumps just would not register for some reason even though i swear it said they did

I'm going to re-try the Rc Plane race as Caldor2K2 suggested and see if that works.

But, I probably going to have to just restart...not really looking forward to that.

So, don't be surprised in like a year from now you get notification back on this thread of me finally getting that platinum trophy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, x7eight said:

Cheat codes lock you out from 100% on the ps2 era gta games, so if you used a weapon or armor/health cheat code you're locked out of 100%

Yes, this was confirmed on the first page...

20 hours ago, HKPictures said:

I'm going to re-try the Rc Plane race as Caldor2K2 suggested and see if that works.

But, I probably going to have to just restart...not really looking forward to that.

So, don't be surprised in like a year from now you get notification back on this thread of me finally getting that platinum trophy.

thats ok im sure ill still be around haha

the glitch whit the races is that sometimes the vans are not there but they respawn or you can drive a similar van to the exact same spot, get out > get in and the race will start. did you spend money on the lap dances? on the strip club (forgot the name) go there an spend 10.000 or 20.000 dollars, do the jumps again. if nothing works. the only thing that i can think of is that you save the game whit cheats on. they WILL steal you that 0.1%.

Edited by Facas

HKPictures.

I was in a same situation as you. I wondered for months what I missed. For the first time I thought it was that test track/trial by dirt glitch. But not. Then I rechecked all guides in the internet and I found about that pizza boy. I'm sure that you didn't complete total 10 levels for it.  1 level-1 person, 2-level-2 person etc. It's hard because you only have 5 minutes and 6 capacity of pizzas so you must drive really fast. For Pie Guy trophy you need to deliver 10 pizzas in total, for 100 percentage in the game you must deliver pizzas to 10 different peoples. Some guides miss that fact! After that you should have 100% for sure!

Edited by stormblast1990

On 12/3/2017 at 5:36 AM, stormblast1990 said:

HKPictures.

I was in a same situation as you. I wondered for months what I missed. For the first time I thought it was that test track/trial by dirt glitch. But not. Then I rechecked all guides in the internet and I found about that pizza boy. I'm sure that you didn't complete total 10 levels for it.  1 level-1 person, 2-level-2 person etc. It's hard because you only have 5 minutes and 6 capacity of pizzas so you must drive really fast. For Pie Guy trophy you need to deliver 10 pizzas in total, for 100 percentage in the game you must deliver pizzas to 10 different peoples. Some guides miss that fact! After that you should have 100% for sure!

I tried doing the Pizza Boy mission, but I don't have the option. I hop on the bike and I am not given the option to start a mission.

But, I completed the mission, I got the 150 health

Edited by HKPictures

On November 26, 2017 at 9:46 AM, x7eight said:

Cheat codes lock you out from 100% on the ps2 era gta games, so if you used a weapon or armor/health cheat code you're locked out of 100%

On November 26, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Nitro said:

Yes, this was confirmed on the first page...

I used cheats and was fine. It's only San Andreas you can't use them in. But Pst.org had a list of safe ones for this entry. Not all of them are safe to use.

@HKPictures Do you know if you used any cheats not on this list: PST's safe to use cheats? If so, that could be why it glitched.. If not, then I'm at a loss.

• 1 month later...

Wow, surprised it took me this long to notice the replies. I'm glad that it all worked out for you. I remember the first time I saw your stats, and how you managed to get the Godfather rating the hard way, I was thinking, "Oh damn I hope this isn't going to need another playthrough as that was a lot of work to be lost." It was no problem helping you out, as a lot of it was just guess work on my part, you know just looking at your stats vs mine and its not really easy to say where the problem might be. I hate the way the old GTA games didn't tell you how many missions you've passed only attempted. That makes narrowing things down way harder than it has to be.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I would like to thank HKPictures for having the exact same problem as me 4 years previously. I've scoured so many pages and videos and threads, but it wasn't until I stumbled desperately into this one that I looked closely at my Best Times. My RC Plane time was 117 minutes, so I tried it again and... RESULT! I have 100% completion!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I was also missed something. 

After checking my stats, I realized I didn't have "Fastest time on Test track" listed.

I distinctly remember doing both Dirt Bike trails (the first of which was Test Track iirc), but never the SUV one (which I discovered by accident later on).

I just did the track with the SUV and the trophy popped.

Edited by Bratinov

• 9 months later...

In the same unfortunate situation. 99 %. Missions done, unique jumps done, 45 achieved at the shooting range, all hidden packages found

My RC Plane Race Time is 2:12, so it's probably not that. But with 'Trial By Dirt' and 'Test Track', they both say 2:59 and even if I finish at a time like 2:02 (that's about the best I have been able to do), it says I was unable to set a new record.

Edit: with Test Track, I was able to improve the record, but for 'Trial By Dirt' not.

Edited by Antiristus
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Antiristus said:

In the same unfortunate situation. 99 %. Missions done, unique jumps done, 45 achieved at the shooting range, all hidden packages found

My RC Plane Race Time is 2:12, so it's probably not that. But with 'Trial By Dirt' and 'Test Track', they both say 2:59 and even if I finish at a time like 2:02 (that's about the best I have been able to do), it says I was unable to set a new record.

Edit: with Test Track, I was able to improve the record, but for 'Trial By Dirt' not.

Update: it was the Pizza Boy mission. I happened to notice I didn't have the 150 max health. I guess it's easy to miss this because the trophy description only calls for delivering pizzas to 10 people and one might think that it's the Paramedic mission that gives you more health.