RDR 2 affected by Star Wars

Stargazer2600

8 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I think with the budgets that go into these games nowadays, simply having people buy it isn't enough.

Agreed but how much they spend isn't our problem. Now I'm gonna sound crazy here but, we don't need all the fancy graphics and stuff we currently have. There is nothing wrong with what we had for the 16 bit era or hell even PS1.

Not only were the stories legendary that helped pace the way for other games. But the lowered graphics meant that they needed story and such.

They would be cheap to produce which would make the game cheaper. I say we go back to our roots

• Like 3

On 12/2/2017 at 10:40 AM, Stargazer2600 said:

Agreed but how much they spend isn't our problem. Now I'm gonna sound crazy here but, we don't need all the fancy graphics and stuff we currently have. There is nothing wrong with what we had for the 16 bit era or hell even PS1.

Not only were the stories legendary that helped pace the way for other games. But the lowered graphics meant that they needed story and such.

They would be cheap to produce which would make the game cheaper. I say we go back to our roots

I also agree with this.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 8:22 PM, Dav9834 said:

I still stand that not all microstransactions are bad. If it's cosmetic, I don't care, I may or may not give a little. Destiny 2 did great with this. There's not a single thing you can buy to make you "better". Not to mention you can get it all without paying if you lvl up enough. 

But pay to win? 

NO

That is not ok. Not unless that's the whole game. 

Keep that on mobile games i don't care. 

I will be picking up battlefront 2 at redbox for $3 to play the 8-9 hour campaign and that's it. And for $3 that's more than fair. Not to mention EA gets no extra money sense redbox already bought the games/leased them. 

No reason to ignore a good part of a game that had no hand in a greedy part. 

If rdr2 is the same, then I would recommend the same. 

That's my thoughts on the matter. 

And hopefully in time they'll see it wasn't worth it. 

Well besides the fact they locked away shadders and secretly throttle exp gain.

At this point i think even cosmetics are not okay anymore. Cause it's still part of the overall experience and customization used to be free.

Like come one, we already pay full price for a premium experience so why do we still get all these free-to-play bollocks? Which are delibaretly designed to exces some kins of paychological pressure on the player.

You can ignore  them sure, but why do i have to ignore entire parts and menus of a product i spend my money on? Plus i'm still gonna see it every so often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thekiffer21 said:

Well besides the fact they locked away shadders and secretly throttle exp gain.

At this point i think even cosmetics are not okay anymore. Cause it's still part of the overall experience and customization used to be free.

Like come one, we already pay full price for a premium experience so why do we still get all these free-to-play bollocks? Which are delibaretly designed to exces some kins of paychological pressure on the player.

You can ignore  them sure, but why do i have to ignore entire parts and menus of a product i spend my money on? Plus i'm still gonna see it every so often.

EDIT: You don't even play destiny 1 or 2! You don't have a single trophy! If anything destiny 2 did better than destiny 1 for micro transactions! I felt more of a want to buy silver in D1(and I did!), than D2(I have not!). 

Maybe take moderate people's words on a completely different type of economy(and not articles from ign etc that are just looking for clicks)

Pay to win, and pay to get a shader are 2 !VERY! different things!!

-Original post-

Customization is still free, it's not difficult to lvl up. I usually lvl twice in the raid. 

Also I don't know anyone in our 30 member close knit clan that has had psychological pressure to buy silver. 

It's actually far more the opposite!

Let me ask,

Do you have all the raid gear on normal? What about prestige? Do you have trials of the nine gear? How about all the gear on Nessis? 

If not, then you can't have all that gear. And you can't buy that gear either. 

It's for those who have the skill in being good, and those who can communicate well. 

I'd be farrrr more jealous of the raid gear than anything I could buy with money. 

There's not a single thing from tess that I have a need to spend money on. Something that would change the gameplay, give me an upper hand. It doesn't exist. And the free engrams for tess from lvling is pretty fast. Even when the throttling was there.(which it's not now and third parties say it's about 15% faster to lvl now) 

I'm sorry you feel differently. Because in the end, something you probably wouldn't miss if it wasn't there is ruining the game for you. 

Battlefront which is pay to win essentially, that is different, and definitely NOT ok. 

Edited by Dav9834
Wasted my time replying
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

No thanks.

I tried playing N64 recently... I can't do it, so awful. 

You actually played a game? That's rich.

1 hour ago, Dav9834 said:

EDIT: You don't even play destiny 1 or 2! You don't have a single trophy!

Destiny isn't a PlayStation exclusive franchise. The problem I have with it was the game outright lied to you about XP. Said you were getting x XP when in fact you were getting x - y XP, with y increasing in number the more you play.

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

The problem I have with it was the game outright lied to you about XP. Said you were getting x XP when in fact you were getting x - y XP, with y increasing in number the more you play.

Ya I was not happy about it either. I noticed it release day, same thing with glimmer(though they don't talk about that as much). 

Am glad it's fixed, I'll take the ~15% increased xp. Won't change my gameplay(well the glimmer part might) once I hit the new cap, but I'm very happy it's what it should be now. D1 had the same issue with glimmer, they never fixed that - _ - 

23 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

EDIT: You don't even play destiny 1 or 2! You don't have a single trophy! If anything destiny 2 did better than destiny 1 for micro transactions! I felt more of a want to buy silver in D1(and I did!), than D2(I have not!). 

Maybe take moderate people's words on a completely different type of economy(and not articles from ign etc that are just looking for clicks)

Pay to win, and pay to get a shader are 2 !VERY! different things!!

-Original post-

Customization is still free, it's not difficult to lvl up. I usually lvl twice in the raid. 

Also I don't know anyone in our 30 member close knit clan that has had psychological pressure to buy silver. 

It's actually far more the opposite!

Let me ask,

Do you have all the raid gear on normal? What about prestige? Do you have trials of the nine gear? How about all the gear on Nessis? 

If not, then you can't have all that gear. And you can't buy that gear either. 

It's for those who have the skill in being good, and those who can communicate well. 

I'd be farrrr more jealous of the raid gear than anything I could buy with money. 

There's not a single thing from tess that I have a need to spend money on. Something that would change the gameplay, give me an upper hand. It doesn't exist. And the free engrams for tess from lvling is pretty fast. Even when the throttling was there.(which it's not now and third parties say it's about 15% faster to lvl now) 

I'm sorry you feel differently. Because in the end, something you probably wouldn't miss if it wasn't there is ruining the game for you. 

Battlefront which is pay to win essentially, that is different, and definitely NOT ok. 

I dont read ign, i get my coverage from either Yong Yea or Jim Sterling.

Also i havent played Destiny on this account and i didnt buy. Played a few hours when the first one came out at a friends place. Didnt catch me and i'm sure not anywhere near to what you invested in the game (no idea how much, didnt check your profile). 

I didnt say Destiny is pay-to-win. I recon that Battlefront is a far greater evil.

I'm against micro-transactions and loot boxes (or bright engrams) in premium games in general. Cause usually they dont offer extra content, but content that was cut-out from the original game to offer in loot boxes or whatever instead.

No cosmetics technically arent that bad, sure i would like to look like a badass online by working for it instead of paying but that's rarely how it works anymore.

Cosmetics are just the first step in making us used to this kind of stuff.

And us consumers defending cosmetic micro-transactions is what lead EA to believe they could pull this shit in the first place.

These big corporations and publishers care about one thing: profit, money. And the more they can get the merrier. As a consumer you gotta be aware of that.

Usualy keeping your customers happy is what makes you most money. But the game industry has learned that even though many of their customers dont like them, micro-transactions make them a shit-ton of money. Some companies already get half their income from that.

So all excuses we keep hearing about them are bullshit. If there's loot-boxes in a game the publisher wants you to go and spend money on them, not matter how much they say they just "wanna offer a choice".

So even if you dont notice it, the game is sure to have changed to fit those in.

If we keep on swallowing those excuses, it's gonna keep on getting worse. EA just got drunk and smashed through the door.

The money they make doesnt come from every player buying 1 or 2 boxes. But from a small fraction of players spending a fortune on these things. The industry likes to call those customers "Whales" (no joke), let that sink in for a bit.

EDIT: This video by Jim Sterling sums it up pretty well: 

Edited by thekiffer21
  • Like 3

That's what I love about this site.  If I'm on the fence about something, I can just sit back and wait for the reviews and opinions to come rolling in before I go out and drop coin on a game that's going to fuck me over (MLB 15 The Show).  I just refuse to spend any more real money trying to get or achieve something I should get just by playing the game (without having to treat it like a part time job).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thekiffer21 said:

I dont read ign, i get my coverage from either Yong Yea or Jim Sterling.

Also i havent played Destiny on this account and i didnt buy. Played a few hours when the first one came out at a friends place. Didnt catch me and i'm sure not anywhere near to what you invested in the game (no idea how much, didnt check your profile). 

I didnt say Destiny is pay-to-win. I recon that Battlefront is a far greater evil.

I'm against micro-transactions and loot boxes (or bright engrams) in premium games in general. Cause usually they dont offer extra content, but content that was cut-out from the original game to offer in loot boxes or whatever instead.

No cosmetics technically arent that bad, sure i would like to look like a badass online by working for it instead of paying but that's rarely how it works anymore.

Cosmetics are just the first step in making us used to this kind of stuff.

And us consumers defending cosmetic micro-transactions is what lead EA to believe they could pull this shit in the first place.

These big corporations and publishers care about one thing: profit, money. And the more they can get the merrier. As a consumer you gotta be aware of that.

Usualy keeping your customers happy is what makes you most money. But the game industry has learned that even though many of their customers dont like them, micro-transactions make them a shit-ton of money. Some companies already get half their income from that.

So all excuses we keep hearing about them are bullshit. If there's loot-boxes in a game the publisher wants you to go and spend money on them, not matter how much they say they just "wanna offer a choice".

So even if you dont notice it, the game is sure to have changed to fit those in.

If we keep on swallowing those excuses, it's gonna keep on getting worse. EA just got drunk and smashed through the door.

The money they make doesnt come from every player buying 1 or 2 boxes. But from a small fraction of players spending a fortune on these things. The industry likes to call those customers "Whales" (no joke), let that sink in for a bit.

EDIT: This video by Jim Sterling sums it up pretty well: 

You're entitled to your opinion, I'll respect your against all, but trust me when I say more than half the stuff from destiny 1 & 2 cosmetics you could buy wouldn't be in the games at all without the bright engram system. 

So I think it can be done right sometimes, some people will buy for rng, and the rest get stuff for free that wouldn't be likely in the game at all. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

You're entitled to your opinion, I'll respect your against all, but trust me when I say more than half the stuff from destiny 1 & 2 cosmetics you could buy wouldn't be in the games at all without the bright engram system. 

So I think it can be done right sometimes, some people will buy for rng, and the rest get stuff for free that wouldn't be likely in the game at all. 

Well i sure thank you for your consideration, didnt expect that on an internet forum. You got my respect for it in return

I just wanna add that i definetly havent played enough Destiny to know enough about it's economy. I was planing to get D2 at some point but the exp story made me reconsider.

I'm not trying to attack Destiny specifically as said i dont know enough about it and there hasnt been a lot of coverage. I just think that saying "cosmetic micro-transactions are okay" is a dangerous attitude to have nowadays, especially in the wake of Battlefront 2.

But i'm on the same side with you on saying to each their own oppinion.

• Like 1

What irritates me is when publishers claim they include pay to win content "so people that can't spend the time that their friends do, can still be competitive".  I say, if you need to include some feature to make that possible, then your game wasn't very well designed to start with.  At least be honest about it.  Just admit that you're trying to squeeze every nickel possible out of the game, fairly or not.

• Like 1

I don't mind Microtransactions in Free to Play games, but they do generally bother me in games, you have to pay to own, beforehand. It just seems like publishers are getting ridiculously greedy in the past couple of years, first it was exclusive costumes and content, packaged out to retailers like Wallmart and Amazon. Then pre-order DLC and season passes, and that was followed up with, fully priced games, with excessive anti-consumer, microtransactions, designed to extract as much money, as humanly possible. And now the lootbox has become another idea, that we loath. Though it's fairer to say, we hate the Wilson Lootbox the most. What's the Wilson Lootbox? Well I found this rather interesting video, that explains it, rather nicely.

The Untold History of EA's Long (and Rich) Pay-2-Win Love Affair

I almost never buy a game on release these days, so I'm gonna wait and see with RDR2. But I doubt Rockstar would be stupid enough to repeat what EA did, especially after the backlash they got. Then again, their was all that bollocks about GTA: Online's Modding, so I wouldn't be surprised if something dumb happens anyway.