Is it worth buying?

biotransformatio

It's ether this or the new Metal gear for me. How fun is the multiplayer and single player?worth 60$?

I'd say the game is worth the full price just for the single player campaign. As far as I'm concerned, the MP is completely redundant; just your standard bare bones run and gun affair with only a few game modes, occasionally unbalanced gameplay, weird glitches, frequent stuttering in heated situations, no character customization and to top it all of, trophies that make you play the MP for 60+ hours if you want the plat.

Watch some gameplay footage of the SP campaign on youtube and if you like what you're seeing, go for it. I have yet to purchase Revengeance, but they're obviously both great games. I hear Revengeance is a lot shorter (5 hours) and relies more on replay value, whereas TR is longer (10-15 hours). Depends on your preferences, I guess.

Edited by CloudyMemory2

The SP alone is worth its Day1 price in my opinion, and I don't say that about a lot of games. 

You've got the the 3rd Person action styles of Uncharted/Arkham, mixed in with the Tombs that give you the puzzles from the earlier TR's, Lara's finally evolved into what she should be by now.  The MP actually isn't bad, despite what some of the reviews say. If you've enjoyed the Uncharted MP you will love it, but it doesn't mean to say you wont if you didn't.  It's varied enough to keep me entertained for a good while and again, I'm not that big on MP.

Its the first game of 2013 to grab me by the short and curly's and not let go,  I'm finding that I'm constantly wanting my next fix, and I've not felt like that since Xcom.  Remember this is only my opinion, a lot of TR "purists" (I use that term loosely) are claiming that it isn't a TR game. (it's got Lara, she raids Tombs... how is it not?!)  If you've not been convinced by the trailers or reviews, I would suggest at least a rental. (I say that last line a lot too.)

I want to purchase this but I don't want to add to my massive backlog either. If I can find a Redbox near me that has it I'll rent it because for some strange reason if I rent a game I'm more motivated to finish it. I guess its so I won't get charged for another day if I don't have to. :lol:

Parker