How...When....I did not know!

39 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Star ocean is a very time consuming with a lot of grind, SO4 need between 500 - 900 hours (maybe more), SO3 130 - 200 hours. Battle Trophies or BT for example are conditions you must reach to archivate one BT, for example in SO 3 some BT require beat a boss in 1 min or without take damage (SO 4 Have 900 bt). Particularly SO4 have more than 4 guide with specific objective as: BT, walkthrough, endings and more. If you need more info: Gamefaq 

Thanks, that sounds like a lot to try to deal with. I'm not good at most if not all time related objectives. The no damage thing, maybe. I'll still give it go to see how it is. Thanks again. ☺️

10 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I thought people said Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness is the worst Star Ocean game out there.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. But in my opinion:

1. Star Ocean 2 - It's a classic. Most people would agree with that, I think.
  2. Star Ocean 1 / 3 / 5 - Decent games. The plot twist in SO3 is awful though.
  3. Star Ocean 3 - Fun combat, bad characters and bad story.

I feel like people in general have unrealistic expectations from this series. It was never that good to begin with. SO2 is an exception, not the rule. Yet so many people seem to think it's representative of the quality one should expect from the other games, which only results in massive disappointment.

19 minutes ago, Paige-ID said:

Dear Lord. Sarah and Lymle in 4K... 

4'Kay

• Like 1

For all of you deciding to get this plat for the first time...don't. It's a piece of crap plat. I mean, a PIECE OF CRAP. I love Star Ocean games. But this is the single most pointless grinding I've ever done in a game, and I'm STILL not finished. 

You would be better off trying to ignite your farts. If you really want a Star Ocean game, get Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. It's cheaper, it's better, and the trophies are reasonable (though no picnic).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

For all of you deciding to get this plat for the first time...don't. It's a piece of crap plat. I mean, a PIECE OF CRAP. I love Star Ocean games. But this is the single most pointless grinding I've ever done in a game, and I'm STILL not finished. 

You would be better off trying to ignite your farts. If you really want a Star Ocean game, get Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. It's cheaper, it's better, and the trophies are reasonable (though no picnic).

That is how it seemed to me after looking through your trophy guide. Kill 30,000 enemies each with two different characters plus you basically need to have your face in a guide the whole time to avoid missables? No thanks. I put 100 hours into the 360 version but burned out way before I even came close to getting everything done.

Edited by Killbomb

Just now, Killbomb said:

That is how it seemed to me after looking through your trophy guide. Kill 30,000 enemies each with two different characters plus you basically need to have your face in a guide the whole time to avoid missables? No thanks.

Given the re-release of the game, I'm actually going to overhaul that guide. There's a lot of room for improvement. 

The missables are just nonsense. i mean, total flippin' nonsense. It annoys me to this day that I missed a treasure chest because I was using the guide for the XBox version (which, at the time, was the only guide available). There was no reason whatsoever to make the changes.

Don't forget other stupid shit like bunny races (though it's not as bad as Star Ocean 3, if you can't AFK), or coliseum battles (200 per character, despite the fact that there are only 100 slots). 30000 kills is really pointless, though. So, too, is 255 rare drops, despite the fact that you can only hold 20 of an item.

i really, REALLY, REALLY hate Star Ocean 4's plat.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:37 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Given the re-release of the game, I'm actually going to overhaul that guide. There's a lot of room for improvement. 

The missables are just nonsense. i mean, total flippin' nonsense. It annoys me to this day that I missed a treasure chest because I was using the guide for the XBox version (which, at the time, was the only guide available). There was no reason whatsoever to make the changes.

Don't forget other stupid shit like bunny races (though it's not as bad as Star Ocean 3, if you can't AFK), or coliseum battles (200 per character, despite the fact that there are only 100 slots). 30000 kills is really pointless, though. So, too, is 255 rare drops, despite the fact that you can only hold 20 of an item.

i really, REALLY, REALLY hate Star Ocean 4's plat.

Or having to kill 55 certain boss creatures with Faze, or whatever his name was.

I recall the battle trophies to be monotonous and as poorly conceived as the dialog in this game. Nothing challenging. Just pure monotony.

• Like 1