Servers closing February 28, 2018

fbdbh

Bandai announced today on the Dark Souls Facebook page.

Edit: https://www.facebook.com/darksouls/photos/a.123871221019264.23050.119869331419453/1811453815594321/

I think anybody who hasn't got the plat yet, boost now or never. I'll try to help, but I don't know how my save game is. Will report in. Whoever got the plat already, try to help in these months.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

OR you can try to get the plat legitimately while enjoying arguably the best game of it's generation . . .

The game itself is good. Farming rare drops certainly isn't. I can totally understand people who want (and by virtue of beating NG/NG+ deserve) a plat, but don't have the patience or time to wait for a PBS drop. I'm a father, I can relate, and I'll try to help if my time allows it, maybe in the Holiday season.

Edited by fbdbh

46 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

OR you can try to get the plat legitimately while enjoying arguably the best game of it's generation . . .

Silver lining - At least you won't have to fight the Monk boss and find out it is a player w/the Scraping Spear. THAT sucks . . .

OR you can say fuck that and have someone give you all the weapons armour and rings and watch the plat pop up as soon as they leave. 

• Like 3

There aren't any multiplayer trophies right?

At least I won't have to hear the 'you didn't earn the platinum if someone gave you the items' stuff.

Game's been sitting in my game shelf for a year and a half, it can sit there a bit longer...Hell, Skyrim has been there for over 3 years now ?

• Like 3

Just now, HardXDXtraga said:

That's what I thought, I don't mind a bit of farming if the game is good 1f601.png

Well, farming pure bladestone is basically killing the same 1-3 enemies for hours. If you're lucky. And you're not. And you'll cry.

• Like 1

Just now, HardXDXtraga said:

That's what I thought, I don't mind a bit of farming if the game is good 1f601.png

Yeah, it's not even that bad. You just enter level 4-2, drop down to kill an enemy, pick up the item he drops (the PBS has like a 0.5% drop rate, I think), and then commit suicide off the cliff. If you recover your souls every time you die (and wear gear that increases the number of souls each enemy drops), you can work on leveling up at the same time. It's the only thing that makes it somewhat bearable.

As someone with a crippling MP phobia, I wouldn't boost anyway, so hearing that everything is doable solo is a relief.

Now, about that rare drop... 

1) You need only one?

2) I take it's still miles better than SO4's rare drops grind? Because if so, then I don't think it'll be a problem for me.

1 minute ago, NetEntity said:

As someone with a crippling MP phobia, I wouldn't boost anyway, so hearing that everything is doable solo is a relief.

Now, about that rare drop... 

1) You need only one?

2) I take it's still miles better than SO4's rare drops grind? Because if so, then I don't think it'll be a problem for me.

You just need one PBS. There are other pure stones in the game (and you need one of each kind), but the pure bladestone is the only one that requires extensive farming. The others can all be found as loot or guaranteed drops.

It's not as bad as SO4. I've farmed the PBS on three accounts and I plan to do it again when I find a PS3...or when they remaster the game. It's just kinda boring, and the enemy you have to kill is kinda tough, until you get his pattern down.

28 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

The only item that really sucks to farm is the pure bladestone, but it should only take a few hours at most.

FEW?!

I had to farm it for 30h in the asian version :D. I started playing that version on January and finally completed it last week.

1 minute ago, Lepa105 said:

FEW?!

I had to farm it for 30h in the asian version :D. I started playing that version on January and finally completed it last week.

I know some people have gotten really unlucky with it. There are things you can do that might increase the drop rate, such as maxing out your luck or changing the world tendency to pure black, but I don't know if anybody has ever confirmed these. In theory, each run should only take 1-2 minutes, so a 0.5% drop rate should get you at least one PBS in 200-400 minutes (3-6 hours). I got two of my three in one sitting, but the other took a few days.

Results may vary...?

Anyone in the EU-version willing to help me in mid-december or early January? I'm not familiar with creating boost sessions here on this page, so I'm asking you here. :P Just send me a pm. I'm especially looking for the weapons (except for the best sharpstone one) and the rings. Not sure, if there's any way to boost spells/miracles. The only trophy I'm missing afterwards is probably King Doran but I might as well get this done without boosting ... probably. -J

The pbs is completely random. I've obtained it on 3 characters over the years. The first two characters got it to drop in under and hour each. The third character took 8+ hours to obtain it. I believe that 30 hour claim @Lepa105 stated. It's just like with Uncharted 3 treasures. I've heard horor stories of people trying daily for a month straight to get their final treasure to drop.

Although, rng is definitely aids, not hiv but full-blown aids, Demon's Souls is an amazing game. You cheat yourself out of the amazingness when you have people drop all the shit. All of Demon's story comes from the item descriptions as well as the npcs you meet obtaining them. You'd never find out the sad story of the Vineland lineage if somebody dropped the ring of devout prayer, Bramd and the silver shield for you. You'll never experience the crappy feeling of carrying out Mephistopheles' (yes, I had to look up the spelling) missions to obtain the foes ring.

I dunno. Call me biased since I enjoy the game so much. Even though I've help many people by dropping shit, maybe the servers shutting down is for the best.

• Like 2

I love how you can still earn every single trophy even with the servers shutting down. The online for this game was great fun when it was active (one of the grestest online experiences available on PS3 in my opinion) but they were intelligent enough not to attach online only trophies to the set. I wish all games were like this.

Now I'm really hoping servers shutting could mean a remastered bundle with Demon's and Dark Souls for PS4 coming in a near future.

• Like 2