Servers closing February 28, 2018

fbdbh

2 hours ago, Phil said:

The pbs is completely random. I've obtained it on 3 characters over the years. The first two characters got it to drop in under and hour each. The third character took 8+ hours to obtain it. I believe that 30 hour claim @Lepa105 stated. It's just like with Uncharted 3 treasures. I've heard horor stories of people trying daily for a month straight to get their final treasure to drop.

Although, rng is definitely aids, not hiv but full-blown aids, Demon's Souls is an amazing game. You cheat yourself out of the amazingness when you have people drop all the shit. All of Demon's story comes from the item descriptions as well as the npcs you meet obtaining them. You'd never find out the sad story of the Vineland lineage if somebody dropped the ring of devout prayer, Bramd and the silver shield for you. You'll never experience the crappy feeling of carrying out Mephistopheles' (yes, I had to look up the spelling) missions to obtain the foes ring.

I dunno. Call me biased since I enjoy the game so much. Even though I've help many people by dropping shit, maybe the servers shutting down is for the best.

I agree 100%. In my opinion this game is so great but I truly wish From Software made the rings/weapons no drop. I guess shutting down the servers will have that effect.

Btw, I grinded for that damn bladestone 12 hours on a Saturday. What a rush though when it finally dropped lol 

Fantastic game to be played solo, one of the best games from last generation without a doubt. Props to Bandai/from software to maintain the online alive all this years, truly Impressive. 

In hindsight, the bitterness that still lingers in my mouth regarding online may finally come to a end. Ultra tutor,  @zajac9999 abused this method in one of his trophy lists, meaning whenever he tries to complete his second one, all must be solo, finally a silver lining for pupil :P

• Like 1

You don't need to play online to get this plat. In fact, playing offline is better because you have better control of World Tendency. This game can be plat solo in less than a day. Servers closing is not an issue in my opinion, unless you're a scrub lol >:)

Dat Bladestone farming tho...

Probably the only souls game you will need to boost is Dark Souls 3, too much farming and covenants >_<

Anyways, Demon's Souls is probably one of my favorite PS3 games.

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.

.....So the world might be mended.

?

You have a heart of gold...Don't let them take it from you...

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

This is sad of course, but it had to happen eventually, and I commend them for keeping up the servers for 9 years. I mean that's far longer than most games can manage. The Souls community helped keep to this game alive for so long and I'll never forget all the good times I had with it. Truly a masterpiece. ?

With that being said, I really hope this game gets a remaster for PS4. There have been rumours about it for years now, and From Software have been quiet for a while, so now that the servers are shutting down, it seems like the perfect time. It's safe to say I would lose my shit if they came out with a Demon's Souls PS4 announcement at PSX this year. :lol:

Everyone bitches about that Pure Bladestone drop. I guess I'll have to see how long it'll take me to get it.

Since the servers are closing in three months, I guess that gives me a good reason to play through Demon Souls before then. Hopefully in January or early February.

On 28/11/2017 at 3:32 AM, HardXDXtraga said:

There aren't any multiplayer trophies right?

At least I won't have to hear the 'you didn't earn the platinum if someone gave you the items' stuff.

Game's been sitting in my game shelf for a year and a half, it can sit there a bit longer...Hell, Skyrim has been there for over 3 years now 1f605.png

Both been sitting on my shelf for years too, lol

Oh glad the plat can be obtained offline and lol didn't know the plat could be obtained so shamefully online...like having another playa give you the items ha and here I was all these years thinking someone with the Demon's Souls plat deserved respect,bet that more than 50% who have it actually had the plat handed to them by another playa.

PS:I hope they aren't recycling it.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2017 at 8:34 PM, Welmosca said:

Oh glad the plat can be obtained offline and lol didn't know the plat could be obtained so shamefully online...like having another playa give you the items ha and here I was all these years thinking someone with the Demon's Souls plat deserved respect,bet that more than 50% who have it actually had the plat handed to them by another playa.

PS:I hope they aren't recycling it.

I've been guilty of being part of the problem. I've helped a few dozen people over the years. I've never been dropped anything though. Even the pure bladestone I've found myself on 3 different characters now. However, I am sypathetic to those who would rather not grind it out.

On 2017. 12. 05. at 5:34 AM, Welmosca said:

and here I was all these years thinking someone with the Demon's Souls plat deserved respect

You can't duplicate spells, you can't hand them over, and the last spell is in the later half of NG+. Players are on their own in this path, so I think that deserves at least some respect.

The hardest part isn't really obtaining the items, they are just plain boring to grind out, but some of the Black Phantoms and the World Tendency stuff are pretty aggravating on their own.

I don't know. Demon's Souls is broken in many ways, but I don't see the reason to respect people who do something over and over again for hours (in a way, none of the Souls plats are to be respected, they just take a long time, but they're still a bit challenging, even with help). 

As most people have pointed out, Platinum not only can be perfectly obtained offline, it's actually easier that way, because World Tendencies get borked online and you can't manipulate them as thoroughly (meaning Black Phantoms, Primeval Demons and certain PWWT quests become quite elusive). On the other hand online trading makes stone farming significantly less of a pain.

As for "respecting" the Plat... didn't even know this was a thing... I guess the biggest pain is getting Pure Bladestone if the RNG is lenient enough and having to play through the game up to 4 times so you can cash in Astraea's soul for all 2 spells, 1 miracle and 1 weapon.

Honestly the biggest loss are going to be the bloodstain ghosts and the player messages. Game doesn't quite feel the same without them.

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose it was to be expected. I already have the plat, but I've been toying with the idea of getting a Monk's Head Collar 'cause I lost my collection of them upon swapping my HDD. Never got around actually doing it again. I guess I'll be forever without it now. 

Fun memories from this game's PVP, being the first Souls game and all. Good times. 

• 3 weeks later...

Pure Bladestone farming... now that's something I'd like to avoid. If any of you have it out against PBS droppers... it's exactly the same as boosting a trophy. I think Darkmoon stone or whatever actually took longer for me though. 

It's not like Demons servers are totally dead, I still found the occasional player back (2yrs ago), I think I'll plat this on this account next just so I don't have to worry about farming that PBS...

Edited by AlchemyAwesome

• 1 month later...