King of battle's Something Something Chronicles Returns

kingofbattle8174

100% Completed

Sf1e702.png

4S9b858d.png Game Clear!

Overall PCG

60.94%>>> 61.03%

This will be my last completion of 2020 and like the year was underwhelming. This is perhaps the weakest game I have played in Kemco library I have played so far. It reminds of of Dragon Warrior and other really early RPG's where you really have to grind out each area before moving on or you will get demolished if you move on too quickly. The story itself was really weak too, as the is no character development and flows very linear. I guess for these reasons it is a non plat and it is shorter overall than most of their titles. 

In other games, for My Hero. I began my online play and bumped out about halfway to the next trophy there. I had to go back to training mode to remember how to fight again it has been so long. But I got things rolling now and I am happy to see there is still a big audience for online so this should not take me long. For those out there that quit because I am winning, you are making things go even longer for me. 

I have to also decide what vita game to do next. If I do a story mode the next up would be Doctor Who, not one of my favorite games but I can get though the story. 

• 2 weeks later...

Story Mode Completed:

S23ad76.png

17S1687d9.png Big Bang

Overall PCG

61.03%>>> 61.35%

For the 360 era, this was perhaps one of the top games I ever played on the system. I found the graphics at the time to be amazing, the story top notch and loved the combat and the feel of being Batman. While the graphics now are not as crisp as today, it is still an awesome game to play. I am still really pleased with the game as you can tell. There were only a few achievements at the time I did not get, mostly a few of the combat challenges and some of the freeflow, like all the combat moves and the *40. I know it just takes time and practice and I only have a short grind list compared to story modes, so it may get done sooner rather than later. I am surprised how much came back to me once I really began playing. 

Other games.

My Hero: I completed one trophy for the online mode and will be going back to finish the rest soon. It is actually nice that there is enough of an audience still and I do not need to find a booting partner, even if it might take a few days since I play it maybe for an hour at a time at night. I think it took me three days to do the last one, playing a few matches each night. 

Doctor Who: I have gone back to this hellish game to slog through the story and finish it up. Already I have some progress and getting closer to the end. I am just glad to be past the point I seemed to be at for some time. I still say that this game was a mistake to make, The Doctor should not be a platformer at least not one this poorly made. 

Coming next: 

Akiba's Trip
American Fugitive
Beat Saber
Citizens of Earth
Doctor Who

The Outer Worlds

In my first grouping of story modes, this is what I have left. Already I have said that Doctor Who is in the works. For PS4, I am leaning to The Outer Worlds. It is goofy and fun and just the sort of thing when things need that lift of comedy while they seem so dark. 

• Like 1

Story Mode Completed:

S0fd891.png

9Sed44b0.png Completionist One

This is strange and surreal title. I guess you could say it is a bit of a walking sim in some very bizarre surroundings. The walking environment is very abstract but beautiful at the same time. Abzu is the only one that comes close to me. There is not a story so much, you follow along trying to get to each archway that looks like the pyramid in the Logo. There are some environmental puzzles to hit certain objects that make traversing across the stages easier. There are some other elments that are trophy required but really have no othe purpose like collecting all the types of seeds, planting and destroying so many trees, three playthroughs and a speed and slow run. I hate speed runs but A slow run is something I have never seen used much. where it wants you to take an even greater amount of time. From what I read like three hours without quitting or continuing. A good time to do all those collectables and random trophies. The music though is good too, it has that zen, I am getting a back massage feel. Worth a try for something small between larger games. 

On an offnote, this game took me down a small bit in PCG, 61.35%>>> 61.19% . I can make it up as I started to make my way continuing on The Outer Worlds. Yesterday I got through some intro quests for The Groundbreaker and went on the Rosewood, I think it is called. So many Robots to fry and things to hit with a cricket bat. Getting my sneak up is my next priority so I can start getting those sneak kills in too. 

Books Completed. 

Voyage to the City of the Dead by Alan Dean…Ready Player Two: A Novel by Ernest Cline

My next two books done. The Cline Novel was well worth the wait. I wont put in spoilers, so read it for yourself. To me well worth it. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Time to do some catch up since I have a few completions to add to the notch.

100% 

Sa572d5.png

8S5fed9d.png A Journey Ends

This is another one of those relax mode games, where the vibe, music and just enjoying a simple game are more important than getting that high score. It very simple, you are a bird on a journey, with each level you have to collect a certain amount of feathers to move on. Most are pretty wide open and easy to see. Some of the backdrops though with the music are great though. 

Plat # 75

S5c34f0.png

1Sd800a0.png World Seeker

I saw that # 50 was a Kemco so I decided to keep with the trend. This one is one of the better ones to play. It does not have the complete all quests, or a useless Arena's. There are end path bosses that need you to be maxed out but after the first boss the rest get easier as you keep getting the best equipment. Fighting them makes the true end boss a joke. There were some odd things though. I did find some weird translation errors that I do not normally see. It was nice to to see characters that actually do not wholly agree the entire time. There was alot of stress between the two protagonists as the could not see the others side for quite some time, eventually settling down towards the end. Cougar is perhaps one of my favorite characters from a Kemco game I have played so far. 

Plat # 76

S06cffb.png

1S3dbf97.png Swordbreaker Platinum

This was a very weird choose your own adventure story. You are a hero looking for treasure going into a castle. There are 3 endings, good, bad and Spongebob. The Spongebob is the cowardly ending, meaning you ran away from any encounters. You can get all the way to the end by doing it but it gives you the ending where you have the riches but are cursed with a forever companion that wants to play hide and seek every day. He looks like a round orange version of you know who. There are classic skeletons and sharks and huge Venus fly traps. But hey there is also a UFO that is there to get uranium for the nuke weapons that the blacksmith is making for its home world. You can even find uranium, which if you pick it up makes your skin fall off and you die of radiation poisoning. With a guide it takes 21 plays to get it complete after doing a blind initial play through to get the jist of what is going on. 

I did start one other new game

S861e63.png

This is the next chapter to Agatha Knife and Mecha Nika. I thought it would be another point and click like the other two but it is not. It is like an old school action game like X-men or Ninja Turtles. You know where you follow the screen to the right, get a wave of enemies, rinse and repeat. It seems to have some other stuff mixed in but that is what it reminds me of. It is a multiple playthrough game as you have splits in the narrative so you can do it in two with maybe a third for co op as well as a one life mode where if you die you go all the way back to the beginning... yikes. I like the series so I will atleast see where the story goes. Oh I also started Skyrim VR after getting it in a sale

After starting so many games and finally finishing a few up I am now .08 away from my last update which is pretty good. I think after I finish Colossus Down I will be back in the positive. 

Story Mode Completed.

Sfbb951.png Gris

Wow what a gut punch this game is. Parts so beautiful to see and play but at the same time so powerful. The art and style are enough for one to try it out. It is a platformer that does not have a great difficulty but that is not the point. What you are seeing is a women slowly over the five levels come to terms with her grief. Who she is grieving is not explained, either herself in a present or future sense or a close relative. It is subject done with great care and for one myself who has been through it, I can see her trying to get back to a point of healing after her world falls apart. Games like this show that even when things at the worst that they will get better. It can be a struggle and there will be pitfalls and things may hit snags but in the end it will be brighter again. 

• Like 1

Story Completed:

S2ab538.png Adventures of Mana

25Scdca56.png Duty and Honor

After an over two year break, I finally went back and finished this one up. So many boss battles in such a short game. Which is one of the reasons it was the next story to be completed, alot of trophies, yes bronzes, that it boosted me up a nice bit to again be on the plus side of my journey to 80%. Most of the fights are no big deal, I think the Mantis Ant and the last form of the boss were the only two ones where it took me a few tries. The Ant just because if you get trapped, the side hazards kill you quick. Julius last form because I was not expecting the rapid fire after how easy the first two forms were. But anyways now all that is left is the really fun part and that is the grind to 99.... sigh. I killed this boss and beat the game at level 49. I was reading a guys forum who did it at about level 18. The bad thing is the best spot to do this is only two screens wide. Oh and I have to find the last helmet, I have killed who knows how many demon heads without a drop. I did almost all of the last quarter of this game yesterday so no progress on any other title, besides some in Colossus Down. Not sure how much I have left in that to beat the game. See you all soon. 

• Like 1

New Game Started:

S9f8ec0.png

I had a craving yesterday for a decent harvest moon/ rune factory type game and I came across this one. Last time I played a game like this was completing Yonder a few years ago and atleast this title has no cats to collect. I like the art style even if it is geared to a younger audience fills the need. So the basics are that you were found as an infant and brought to this island where only you and this older woman live. After a short tutorial, it fast forwards a few years and you are now alone on the island and you have let it go to sh!t. So now you have to go off on this voyage after coming across this strange creature and rebuild your island to what it was. A fun game that I am just getting into

Other updates.

Adventures of Mana

I have made it to level 90 now and feel so close to the end now. A few more hours of elephants to go and then I only have to find my one helm. 

• Like 1

Platinum # 77

S2ab538.png Adventures of Mana

1S2ca8e4.png Hero of Mana

The grind is over. I dont know the exact time this game took me since the timer kept going even on pause so it says like 88 hours which obviously that includes when I was sleeping and the game was still on. It does feel good to have this one done though. I started this game years ago, ran out of keys or picks in the Medusa Cave and at the time did not want to go back to get more, doing the back and forth. Starting from scratch, it took me about ten days to complete. As I said before only a few bosses were annoying and having to manually track all the items and equipment.  I may have to pick up some of the other games in the series to play some day. I out some feelers out what my next vita game to beat will be, I will wait for a response. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Platinum # 78

S12428c.png Aery: A Journey Beyond Time

1Sbd6473.png Finish your Journey

Last Update PCG 61.93

Current Update 62.09

My last update for Spring Challenge had me just short of the 62% mark and after a dip with starting a few titles I have gone back up above it and bounced back. It helps that this title is all gold's. Not too much of a change from the first game except that this one actually has a plat to go with it. Fly around collect the feathers, enjoy the zen music and scenery and rinse and repeat. This time though it does narrate the story with each feather as opposed to inbetween each stage. The bird is an observer to all of human history, the good and the bad. It shows all we can do and how much we are advanced to other creatures, but also our greed to not share resources and fight each other, while also destroying the world around us. The end result of the game is not a shocker as all humanity dies off quicker than it evolves as we ruined the planet around us. As a message, ouch, no holding punches. There is still one more game to the series, so it will be interesting how that one goes. 

new games started

S3b2565.png Garden Flipper.

Almost a new game by itself, with the amount of content added to the long awaited DLC. It is great update and adds so much more playing time and options. Trophies do seem to be bugged out again though as I did get one of the 5 star trophies and it did not pop, but I will try again soon.

Sec0e3c.png Papers Please

I had alot of fun with this yesterday. I got it for PS plus a few years back and just now getting it going. With the ruomor of shutting off the Vita store, I need to get through my titles. I also have on my cart another SD card big enough to store all of my remaining titles incase it becomes too hard to get to them once the store shuts down. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Sec0e3c.png Papers Please

I had alot of fun with this yesterday. I got it for PS plus a few years back and just now getting it going. With the ruomor of shutting off the Vita store, I need to get through my titles. I also have on my cart another SD card big enough to store all of my remaining titles incase it becomes too hard to get to them once the store shuts down. 

Good luck getting the 100%! I wish it was available for PS4 users since it's a game I've watched numerous playthroughs of because of how fascinating the system and core mechanic is. Lucas Pope did a hell of a job creating an amazing atmosphere, and his follow-up "Return of the Obra Dinn" has also been very well reviewed. Good job on the House Flipper platinum as well!

22 minutes ago, realm722 said:

Good luck getting the 100%! I wish it was available for PS4 users since it's a game I've watched numerous playthroughs of because of how fascinating the system and core mechanic is. Lucas Pope did a hell of a job creating an amazing atmosphere, and his follow-up "Return of the Obra Dinn" has also been very well reviewed. Good job on the House Flipper platinum as well!

It is a really cool game. I enjoy being that jerk.. Denied, denied, denied, oh your gonna get killed, not my problem. I forgot about easy mode though so my first few games I kept running out of money. I think I made it to day ten before I was put in debt jail. It has a cool vibe, that late 80's Russian and it gets pretty in-depth. There are so many good gems that are going to disappear now that the Vita store is to close and getting a reissue on PS Now or PS 5 is unlikely for some of these games. On another note, I was thrown off by the x ray machine. Is that what it is like going through the airport, yikes, I am never going through a scanner again. These though look like something rom a WWII documentary, so not pleasant. 

I am getting close to the 100% once again for House Flipper. Most of the trophies are pretty easy for the DLC. A few I need to figure out or a small grind to get all the points to get all the abilities. Maybe 2-3 hours left for that. You should give it a try. Who would think fixing fake houses would be so much fun. 

• Like 1

100% complete.

S3b2565.png Garden Flipper.

Last Trophy

36Se3a57d.png Whac-A-Mole

Last Update PCG 62.09

Current Update 62.17

And, just I was talking about it yesterday, it is done. Most of them I was able to knock out back to back. Finding a mole took the longest since it is random what yard you find one in. This update though is not about the trophies. It was cool to get them but it is a game to keep playing as you get to make so many things. I know there are more updates on the way, just not the doomsday prepper DLC, since it has weapons in the pack and that would cause the game to have a ratings review. So PS4 may never see that DLC sadly. The game gets alot of love though for PC and still gets new stuff pretty often so I assume more will be coming our way sometime again. I think there is an HGTV thing too where you have beach houses and stuff.

Next up not sure.

I am still working on Fat princess for Vita. I made it 98% for collecting diamonds but at only 32% for match 5's. 

• 2 weeks later...

Story Completed:

S61570e.png Concrete Genie

12S07b3cb.png A Fresh Start

Last Update PCG 62.15

Current Update 62.51

Wow what a cool concept and idea for a game. I did look at this one when I got my VR but I am glad it came available later on. It is a game this is worth the play through. Lots of messages weaved into a game where you get to be more creative and have some artistic control of the game. In the game you play as Ash, an young artist who want to bring life back to a dreary, almost dead seaside town. You discover that through your art, you can do just that. By placing your art at strategic places, you remove the contamination that is plaguing the town. You also have to go around all the local bullies who make your life miserable every chance they get. This gives the game some mild platforming elements as well, while also collecting your lost sketches. The game is great to look at and as your art begins to take life brings life to the dead town.

this is part of the messaging in the game and there is alot to take in. There is the impact of pollution and over fishing and the effect it has on these locations. there is the impact of bullying. Not only on those who get bullied but the deeper look on those who do it. Lastly the loss in our time for art appreciation. It gets lost sometimes and it deadens the world as a whole. All of that is wrapped up in a ten hour game and done well that it is still cohesive. Dont let the VR for the 100% deter you, play it for the art that it is and enjoy it. 

Working on moving forward.

For Vita: 2064. Doing my Iron Rom playthrough. It is slow going as I am not skipping any text to try to prevent any crashes that seem to be prone on the vita version.

Next Story Mode: Finish Lost Sphear. A good RPG that I need to get the second ending completed.

To 100%: Tina Toy Factory. One of my quickest to get done and I made great progress the other day. Only a few levels away from getting the level 31 trophy and then it is two clean ups that come down to some practice. 

Fall Guys head Turner: trying to get my last article of legendary and I am working on grinding to lvl 40. 

• Like 2

Plat # 79 and 100% Complete

S61570e.png Concrete Genie

1S390fe9.png The Artist of Deska

56Se2c056.png Crystal Artist

When I finished the story for this game, there was not much of a clean up left. I was worried that I had missed out on one trophy for the peekaboo and that I would have to do another playthrough. I did not though and I found the spot to knock that out. Really all I had left were a few painting scenes and most were easy to find. Only the very last spot as it was tucked away in a spot I had forgotten about. My feelings about the game have not changed> I did enjoy the small DLC. I do wish it were longer and had more too it. It is really cool change to see it in 3D and have that extra depth as you are painting. It is a fun little scenario. 

Plat# 80

S152eef.png Legend of Talia

1Sa16939.png Hero of Talia

I don't know what I was thinking in buying this. I thought oh a cute fantasy VN, lets check this out. oh boy, at least it was cheap. I have not gotten any of these other ones that have come up recently like Winter Daydream or a few others like it. I thought the story was eye rolling unimaginative. Most of it seems to drone on about the narrators inner dialog and thoughts.

Spoiler

Which is the view of Arcadia. She is a world renowned hero who is loved everywhere she goes. So it starts as she skates out on a town not knowing that right after she leaves a dragon attacks it and kills most of everyone there. There are survivors and they believe she abandoned them on purpose and years later are able to capture her and want to execute her. At the last minute the same dragon attacks this village, there fore she redeems herself tot he people and feels like an actual hero. She can go free and has a new love interest at the end as well in  her captor. 

The artwork is good if not a bit how do they say a bit immodest. Yah I know these types of games are to some people taste but not practical. You can have a character look good and attractive without everything hanging out. I try to avoid games that are in your face fan service, as I am beyond those types of game are think myself to be. So unless you like that kind of thing stay away. At least it is done and it is not something I have to think about again. 

Spoiler

14L75fc1c.png

Last Update PCG 62.51

Current Update 62.89

Moving forward. 

2064: Finishing up the last part of Chapter 4 of the Iron Rom playthrough. So it is nearing the end. After I get all the endings I still have to heal the plant as I missed doing that somehow, and the arcade game high score. 

No real progress on the other games I mentioned before I am on the way to finals and in these last few weeks will be distracted away from gaming. With luck I can ride this B in Finance and graduate as it is my only course I am struggling with. I did start the new Aery game and will most likely be my next completion. 

Edit: well dammit. During last scene of chapter 4 it crashed. There goes a week of work or so.

Edited by kingofbattle8174

100 % Complete

Sd40000.png Aery: Sky Castle

9S329b90.png The Last Flight

This title like the first one is one of the few without a plat attached to it. This one does something different than the other ones I have played before. The core mechanic is still the same, play as a bird and fly through the levels collecting the feathers. This one though has a hub world. This makes it a bit confusing because the is no indication as any one level is supposed to be played before another but the way I played through makes my trophies look like a completed them out of order by the time stamps. The game does one other thing and that is to introduce a new type of collectable. Some feathers are hidden behind force fields and to release them you have to collect these pieces of magic that are kind of gold looking. Now by itself this is not bad except that the designers purposefully made them hard to see. For example on this jungle level they made the tree tops and scenery an almost matching color. In another level as you get to the individual islands that have the force fields, the shading dims making it harder to see them but going away from the islands will return it to the brighter color scheme. The game has freezes and glitches as well. It will stutter for a second when the song changes from one to the next and I have had a glitch where the field did not unlock after getting all the magic. Not a bad short title but not one of my favorites from this series. 

Plat # 81

Sade260.png Cybarian

1Sb0ac87.png Platinum Barbarian

I have had this dumb Rata game incomplete on my profile for almost two years. For some reason, just since the other day I finally started to get in the groove in using the normal attack combo. I just could not get the timing down for this game. I come back from time to time and after my Iron Rom crash I came back for my latest punishment. This is one Rata game I am grateful that you do not have to play all the way through it as it sucks. 

Last Update PCG 62.89

Current Update 63.09

New Game started:

Lbf9c8d.png

I have started a new longer game, which I aim to get all the way through and keep going with this trend of completions. 13 Sentinels is is a game I have had on my radar for some time. I came across the vita game by chance some time ago and I was interested when I learned that another game in that same universe was being created. The vita game is a tower defense game where this one is a cross between a Visual Novel and RTS. The story is a convoluted mess so far. What I get is that there are 13 different view points and that the plot line does not proceed in a straight line. The story also takes place across multiple time lines and some characters are in several for some unknown reason. It also involves aliens, giant robots and time travel. It reminds me of a quote from the David Tennent Doctor Who.

fbc1e63570a923c636e4d647877434c41716b42_v5.jpg

The art is cool, and so is the RTS battle system. What strikes me as funny is the walking motion. If you have ever seen one of those magnetic dolls, That is what it reminds me of as thy walk across the backgrounds.  With only a few hours in and I have only unlocked maybe 6 characters prologue so far. What I am hoping is explained is why their clothes disappear when they get into the sentinels.

fb9116a6d0c548e637049647877434c41716b42_v5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

100% complete

S5e3baf.png

9Sffea66.png Seanchaidh

Alot has been said about this game. Some good, alot of bad. I have my own thoughts and it is a mixture of the two. Do I despise as much as other players have, no. I understand it is a product of its time, and that without it, some of the better examples of the genre would not exist. So lets us start with what I did enjoy. One the music. It does hit the right tones at just the right times. I think the music is perfect and really some good game music and helps make it very immersive. The visuals hold up very well still as well for an older title. There are some areas that you lose it, but mostly it looks good. Especially the last beach with the moon and candles, looks really good. So what didnt I like? Well my blind play through, I was confused as the voiceover at times made no sense, and after listening to the commentary was done purposefully. Yes it is supposed to be interpretive, and after more time with it, I did get to appreciate it better. It is also very slow moving. It is supposed to be. Much more so than other Walking Sims. A word of warning that the ending is not for the feint of heart, as for someone who will not be easily triggered. The game does deal with very serious issues of grief and depression and trying to work through it, even if how it ends may not be the happy ending we always would like. 

Last Update PCG 63.09

Current Update 62.89

I actually went back down to my previous score because I started 13 Sentinels. Which is an interesting game but one I am taking a break on. Tomorrow is May 1st and I will be going back to some older games and have a summer get done list. There are all the game that I have 50% or more complete. My goal is to have as many done by my birthday, Sept 4th. It is an pretty ambitious list but I think it is completable. Oh the picture does not show up but Flow is also on the list. 

S3bf1fa.pngSc4a4a6.pngSe71577.pngS9db5af.pngS65c4b9.png

S96a6f1.pngS94f81e.pngS361e74.pngS2354f8.pngS6b6556.png

S22d9f1.pngSfbb951.pngS23ad76.pngSb08f0e.pngS4c186a.png

Sff4cbc.pngS233fa1.pngS59b490.pngS959ce5.pngS02dc09.png

Where to start though, hmmm. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

100% complete

S5e3baf.png

9Sffea66.png Seanchaidh

Alot has been said about this game. Some good, alot of bad. I have my own thoughts and it is a mixture of the two. Do I despise as much as other players have, no. I understand it is a product of its time, and that without it, some of the better examples of the genre would not exist. So lets us start with what I did enjoy. One the music. It does hit the right tones at just the right times. I think the music is perfect and really some good game music and helps make it very immersive. The visuals hold up very well still as well for an older title. There are some areas that you lose it, but mostly it looks good. Especially the last beach with the moon and candles, looks really good. So what didnt I like? Well my blind play through, I was confused as the voiceover at times made no sense, and after listening to the commentary was done purposefully. Yes it is supposed to be interpretive, and after more time with it, I did get to appreciate it better. It is also very slow moving. It is supposed to be. Much more so than other Walking Sims. A word of warning that the ending is not for the feint of heart, as for someone who will not be easily triggered. The game does deal with very serious issues of grief and depression and trying to work through it, even if how it ends may not be the happy ending we always would like. 

Man, I am a huge Dear Esther guy...

...but I do love reading well-articulated arguments why others didn’t like the games I did as much ?

That pace is absolutely glacial - I do recommend, if you get the chance, just reading the script for the letters in the game in written form at some point - might not turn you around entirely on the game, but purely as a curiosity, the language in the prose is beautifully written, even if you do miss a bit when listening in audio form while navigating the island and being distracted by the visuals :) 

14 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Man, I am a huge Dear Esther guy...

...but I do love reading well-articulated arguments why others didn’t like the games I did as much 1f604.png

That pace is absolutely glacial - I do recommend, if you get the chance, just reading the script for the letters in the game in written form at some point - might not turn you around entirely on the game, but purely as a curiosity, the language in the prose is beautifully written, even if you do miss a bit when listening in audio form while navigating the island and being distracted by the visuals :) 

I did have the subtitles on for my first playthrough and I would just pause and read the text. It would be interesting to just read the script. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum # 82

S129142.png

1Sc427cd.png A Winter's Daydream Platinum

My first jump into the Something You games, since I picked up a bunch to take advantage of the sale. Yes it is another VN, but actually a bit better than my last one, Arcadia. I actually did like the themes and what the game is about.

Spoiler

So basically you a college student returning to your hometown for winter break and want to reconnect with your sister and grandmother. While visiting your grandmother she makes a wish to be young again for one day so she can go to the shrine and reconnect with her late husband. The wish does come true and you have a very awkward day as you take your now looking younger than you grandmother shopping ad getting ready to go to the shrine. You also find a way to get better with your own sister. 

It is a little weird and why the author wrote is too, as they admit they came across some subforum VN's that were grandchild and grandparent "relationship" ... disturbing actually that that is a thing. They then wrote this as a joke at first. Luckily this part of it is not really apparent . Most of the theme is about not letting the time you have with family go to waste as you will regret it once they are gone. Something that hits hard as I am trying to mend my own relationships after years of not doing enough to foster them. 

Is is an easy plat but hey I did actually like the story and writing. Yes I read them and not skip through them like most people. 

Last Update PCG 62.89

Current Update 63.49

Other Updates

Summer in Mara: The story is now done and now working on clean up. Look for that review very soon.

Summer Games:

Flow: A couple of trophies done. Peace and Giant and Fashion.

Fat Princess Adventures: Made it up to 45% 555's

Little Nightmares: Story for last DLC is finished. 

Akiba's Beat: Completed one trophy and now working on arena fights.

Word Search: One puzzle chapter completed

Final Fantasy VII Remake: My second Playthrough, some how missed Bike trophy lucky I saved right before it so going back to it soon. 

Oh and 2064: Prologue done to to clean up all the endings, I find another time to do Iron Rom once I get everything else done.  

Platinum# 83

Last Update PCG 63.49

Current Update 63.62

S9f8ec0.png

1Sdbddcc.png Guardian

Summer in Mara is a farming sim game of the same grain of Yonder The Cloud Catcher Chronicles. This time without the cats. It still has a bright cheery color palate, that is set in a world like the Caribbean, you even have your own boat. The premise of the game goes like this.  At a young age, you are left alone on your island after your grandmother passes. You come across this young strange creature, and you need to discover who she is and a larger mystery about saving your planet from pollution by aliens. Like other games of this type, it is about farming cooking and crafting. You complete requests from residents, and some areas and quests are blocked off until later in the game. Personally I enjoyed this game , but there is alot of backtracking involved. There is a fast travel system to save time, but the game actually charges you coins to use it, and the farther away, the more you pay. Dont use it, since there is a trophy for paying off a 10,000 coin debt. I did alot of farming thoughout the game so I had a stockpile at the end of the game. Most other trophies have to do with completing every questline, and a few weird random like having 99 oranges at one time. Nothing taxing, except the travel. This game is a rare gem, with under 100 completioners but it is a fun diversion. It does not have the depth of Star Dew or other larger titles. That is okay though as it does scratch that itch. 

100% complete:

S5c145f.png

The next game in my Something You spree. I knew nothing about the game going in and afterwards I still dont. This short point and click game is like a trip on LSD. What is going on makes no sense what so ever. Randomly point at things and you will unlock the game in 15 mins. 

In better news, Some Fall Guys reporting...

7S9c04a6.png Headturner is finally unlocked.....

For those that have not tried the game, this trophy is for wearing one of each of the rarest costume pieces at the same time. I have had three, for a good while now and needed a pattern. I have been going on every day for weeks to score on from the store. Finally yesterday one appeared for 9000 coins and I snagged it up. 12 more levels to go to unlock the level 40 trophy. I am playing the game off and on as part of summer games. Since there are 50 some days left in the season, that should be easy. I am not sure if I will do the Infallible boost that is going around right now. 

New game started. 

Sdeb770.png  My game for the Mental Health Event. It is not bad so far if not simple. There were some interesting analogies that I will get into when I review the game. 

• 3 weeks later...

It has been awhile since I have updated. As I stated elsewhere, it was a crazy month for May. Graduating, moving and job searching have kept me busy. All that is behind me now and I can get my summer games going in earnest. I do have a few updates from last month to go through as well. 

Last Update PCG 63.62

Current Update 64.04

100% Complete

Sdeb770.png

I completed this game as part of the Mental Health Awareness Event. In the game you play as a man who goes into the dream of another man to find out the root of his depression. Since it is a dream world, some are real memories, some are wishes of the life he wish he had and some are nightmares. In each level, you are a silhouette traversing across with some very simple puzzles and platforming involved. It is a sad tragic tale that at the end gives the message that just a bit of reaching out and not isolating can make all the difference. 

Platinum # 84

S3543c0.png Breeder Homegrown

Another game from the Something You sale. It is a semi horror game, the kind where the story only partly makes sense. Kind of like Claire or My Big Sister. These type of games are on a pause as I get into the summer games now. 

And now the Summer Games update:

I now have four games that are on the last trophy. 

Flow, Stranger Things 3, The Little Acre, Uno. 

In Uno, I finally completed the Online trophies it is just a pain to get the right match type as any DLC games wins do not count towards this trophy. 

Gris: Eel is now done. Got it on the first try this time around. Must have been in a good zone as I got it right after getting all my online wins.

Word Search. One more puzzle set complete. 

Fat Princess. Almost up to 75% of the 555's. I am sure I can bump it up to there today. 

Next Goals

Fall Guys.. Level 40 , I think I am at level 32 or 33 so very close.

Gris: Mementoes

Fat Princess: 80% 555's

No no Kuni 2: Chapter 3

Little Nightmares: Im Losing You

Word Search: Next Puzzle Group

• Like 1

First Summer Game Complete:

Last Update PCG 64.04

Current Update 64.14

Platinum # 85

Sfbb951.png

1Se48526.png  Personal Growth

This is a game that everyone needs to play. Not for the trophies but the artwork and score make this one very memorable. The game itself is quite easy but that is not the point. The game is an exploration of the stages of grief, and you really feel it though the levels as you play. Like Dear Esther, there are moments of just pure joy when the art and music just click in place just right. There are walkthroughs to get everything in one go, but the game is short enough, that do it blind the first time just for enjoyment and then like I did clean it up later. This game is an arbitrary 5/5. 

New Game started/ Story completed:

Sb8f22f.png

I had some time to kill after finishing Gris, so I started this one. What a weird game. It is another walking sim, but this one does keep the creep factor up the entire time. You feel like something is right behind you the entire time. You look and nothing is there but it still feels like you are being watched. The sound and shadows do play on you alot. What I get of it is that this area is what is hit after a WWIII scenario and everyone is nuked. 

Other Summer Titles.

Fall Guys.. Level 40 , I think I am at level 32 or 33 so very close.  I made it to Level 35, so half way now with just over 30 days remaining to next season. 

Gris: Mementoes

Fat Princess: 80% 555's Now almost at 85%

Ni no Kuni 2: Chapter 3: made it through the forest section

Little Nightmares: Im Losing You

Word Search: Next Puzzle Group/ Interesting Words Now onto next group. 

In Rays of the Light: Reader/Secret

• Like 1

Summer Games Update:

Last Update PCG 64.14

Current Update 64.28

100% completes

Se71577.png

13Sfaf7e1.png Collector and 12Sada531.png Flying Higher

It has been a few days and needed to get this updated. It took three years to finally clean this game up. Not because it is a bad game, most of the requirements are easy actually. And Uno online is pretty fun or solo. I only do not like the rabid DLC. There are a few grinds as getting the wild 4 challenges can be daunting until you realize how often the AI bluffs if they throw a +4 in the first few hands of a round. they are bluffing 80% of the time I realized and got it quickly. It takes more time matchmaking to get classic online matches than anything else since only classic counts for online wins. And lastly the 700 points. Shout out to @PlatinumKupqr for giving me hand with it. I have now gotten the 100% on two systems, here and the 360, which as so much easier. 

S65c4b9.png Fat Princess: Piece of cake

11Sdeeacf.png Match Master

What we have here is one of the free titles from the vita store. It is a match 3 style game that gets harder as the enemies get stronger and you have to increase the strength of your four characters. You have an engineer, which bombs are your greatest weapon in the game. The rifleman, you can shoot a whole row. The priest for your defense and a swordsman who has only one hit and is your weakest overall. The servers for this game are closed so everything must be done the long way but can be done. It is a good on the goo choice, for a bus ride or commuting. Like most match 3's you only get some many plays at a time before the game needs to recharge. You can play with the vita settings but I never did, not worth the effort. It took me about 4 months to grind out this game. Yes I started it a year ago, but it was another game that just I started and never went back to until Feb of this year. i picked it back up and have been grinding on and off since then. 

Up next: for Vita, I may go back to 2064 and try again for clean up. I now have only 15 games for the vita that are incomplete. I want to get under ten titles for the system. 

• Like 1