King of battle's Something Something Chronicles Returns

kingofbattle8174

Brief Cases by Jim Butcher

As I await the next Dresden novel, I guess I will have to settle for a short story collection. If you are a fan of the series, you probably have already read the majority of the stories, which does incude all three bigfoot stories. There is one new novel, but it was far from the best of the collection. Not a must read but a fun one in any case. 

Op  and backlog is finally remodeled. Took me awhile to figure out how I wanted to organize it this time. Not much on the gaming front to report. I have been taking a bit time off and going a bit slower as I get back to work this week after my vacation. I will pick things up again shortly, especially since I have two pyramids to complete.

Made it under 1000 unearned trophies. Now lets see if I can cut that in half.

In other news , my facebook got jacked yesterday. My stepdaughter sent me a message over messenger. When I clicked on it, it locked me out of my account and sent the same link to all my contacts. It only took me a moment to recover it but the damage had already been done. I spent the next hour going through each person to make sure they know it was spam.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to go to my hometown for a family thing and now back home again. It is a drive back and forth that I never want to do again. I did manage to finish my next book though. 

The Outsider by Stephen King. 

This was a really good and fast paced read. Dont let the size intimidate you, the read is well worh it. The basics involve a very well respected coach is arrested very publically for a horrible crime against a child. There are witnesses, DNA, fingerprints, and ironclad case as it would seem. There is a problem though. He also is actually innocent. There is as much evidence that he was miles away and could not have done it. So can a man be in two places at once?

Platinum #13.

Lego Marvel Superheroes #1.

This was one the earliest games that I owned and I finally completed it. I have enjoyed Lego games since the first Star Wars one released oh so many years ago. The formula hasn't changed since, only the world has gotten bigger. New York City is a big challenge with lots of races and things to do. This takes up a large chunk of your time once you complete the story. The flying races are by far one of the hardest things to do, as well as the rooftop rc race. That last one took me many tries. I have two other Lego games on my backlog but it will be some time before I do another. I do help my wife with her Harry Potter game, but only once in awhile. She has been kicking that games butt the last few days now that she found Snape for his dark magic.

Add J_Stars Victory to the played list. I was going to do the vita version but i see it has been taken off the store?. So I used my tradr credit and got it for a few bucks. Played it for a short while, and it a really fun game so far. Even though I dont know who alot of people are yet. 

I also started up Game of Thrones. I paused right before I had to make a major choice in the first chapter. 

I have the day off tomorrow and kids are already in school and my wife is getting a pedi. So hmm what direction shall I go ?.

Platinum #14

Goosebumps the Game.

I know, not the most awe inspiring game. But it was part of my halloween journey, and wanted something I could finish by the afternoon. A semi decent point and click. Only frustration was with trying to get the items from the laundry shoot. The amount of back and forth, until randomly you get all 5 items or in random order

you get back the items you threw down the shoot. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason to it, and I got tired of the trips. What I did like, was the fact there were multiple ways to complete the puzzles. Onwards to greater challanges.

Doctor Who : The Missy Chonicles 

A series of short stories concerning The Doctors favorite frenemy. Notable stories include what happens right after the latest transformation and an adventure with a former personality. It was really good overall and gives great insight into the character, who is vastly differant that other versions. I wonder how it is going to play between the two now that The Doctor is also to be a woman this time around too. I did see a preview on BBC that the next season premiers this fall. I know I cant wait.

General update:

I noticed that I am one game away from my goal for the year and less that 5% away from my completion goal. ? I think I will just see now how much more I can do by the end of the year, which is a long ways off. I am playing one game from different challenges on each system and flipping them once I complete a game. Right now it is Game of Thrones (PS4) and Letter Quest (vita). After that it will be The Town of Light (PS4) and Persona 4 Dance All Night (Vita).

100% #8:

Letter Quest Remastered.

This was a fun little game. It really did not have the grind that I was fearing it would so that was nice. Its fun to flex those vocab skills and really the game itself dis not get old even though you have to play each level four times. There are only 40 levels and going back and getting just a few gems to level up if you are struggling goes a long way. 

We started really more listening to audio books, especially while we traveled recently. Since I went back to work this is the first one I finished.

Midnight at the Bright Ideas Book Store by Matthew Sullivan

Lydia lives in Denver as a book seller. When she was younger she was the only survivor of a horrible brutal homicide by a man who would be called "The Hammer Man". Many years later she starts working for the store where many men of various ages hang out all the time. The employees call the Book Frogs. Late one night, one of them hangs himself in the store. Whats strange is that on his person is a picture of Lydia taken not long before her ordeal. How did he get the photo and what is the message he was trying to leave through his books. Lydia's past and presentcollided as she pursued the answers.

This was a good book, that for some reason I out down awhile back and never got back to. I was happy to see it on the library's app so I made it one of my first listens. It is an interesting read.

Gaming wise, I restarted up Diablo 3 and made it past the first boss again. I also started Persona 4 for my Vita. Wow it is a lot of story, it seems more VN than anything else right now. 

Really excited college football has resumed once again. I was doubly happy to see my team, Northwestern, play one of the opening game. I think in some respects this is a team that even though the last many several years has been a top 25 team and in some really good bowl games, they still have not gotten the respect amd notoriety of other Big Ten teams. They looked really good in this opener and against a conferance rival right off the bat. I thought Northwestern was going to put it away really early after how good a first half they had. Some credit to Purdue for keeping it interesting  and if not for that stupid late penalty may have had a chance to win in the end. 

Games wise I have made my road map to my next milestone in Plat 20. Since I am only one away from my goal for the year I am going to make this my next goal. The games mostly all come from a mixture of my community events. To reach this goal I dont think will take me very long. It is broken down into two lists, PS4 and Vita. I usually work on one from each at the same time. It will end with Tokyo Xanadu as my 20th. I think for as long as that game is to finally be done with it will be cool to have it as the milestone game.

Plats 14/20

Completion 45.06% / 60%

PS4:

Game of Thrones (16) Backlog Challenge 40%.

The Town of Light (17) Halloween Challenge 0%.

Lost Sphear (18) Backlog Challenge 50%.

Hitman Go (19) 0%

Vita:

Persona 4 Dancing All Night  (15) Anime Event 11%.

Uncanny Valley Halloween Challenge 0%

Furmins Backlog Challenge 11%

Tokyo Xanadu (20) Backlog Pyramid/ Anime Event 98%

Current Book: Noir by Christopher Moore

Audio Book: Thrawn by Timothy Zahn

Another long weekend gone. Back to the grind again. At least this weekend I did complete a good chunk of Persona 4. I even got the hard mode trophies done and figured out the song to use for getting the King Crazy. I am so close. My last time trying I had 300 perfects, 30 greats, 3 goods and 0 misses. And that still was not enough to do it. 

Plats 14/20

Completion 46.25 / 60%

PS4:

Hitman Go (19) 0%

Vita:

Persona 4 Dancing All Night  (15) Anime Event 11%> 67%

Audio Book: Thrawn by Timothy Z

Edited by kingofbattle8174

51 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Another long weekend gone. Back to the grind again. At least this weekend I did complete a good chunk of Persona 4. I even got the hard mode trophies done and figured out the song to use for getting the King Crazy. I am so close. My last time trying I had 300 perfects, 30 greats, 3 goods and 0 misses. And that still was not enough to do it. 

Plats 14/20

Completion 46.25 / 60%

PS4:

Hitman Go (19) 0%

Vita:

Persona 4 Dancing All Night  (15) Anime Event 11%> 67%

Plats 14/20

Completion 45.06% / 60%

PS4:

Hitman Go (19) 0%

Vita:

Persona 4 Dancing All Night  (15) Anime Event 11%> 67%.

How's dancing all night? You playing it for rhythm or like the series? Been debating if I wanna play it or not

14 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

How's dancing all night? You playing it for rhythm or like the series? Been debating if I wanna play it or not

Its a really good game. I own Golden, got it when I bought my vita, I have yet to play  it though. I watched a trailer and it seemed cool. Its a good diversion game. It is something way differant. For most of the trophies not alot of skill is required. There are a few that require you to beat some levels on hard but it still counts if you use modfiers. Songs are fun though too amd catchy. 

Had my pre op appointment today. After finally getting this approved, man it is coming up quick. I will have 30 days at home for recovery then. I bet I can make alot of progress in that time when I am not doing physical therapy and such. When the drugs arnt making me loopy. 

In my current game, I have passed the 75% mark. Working on the character pairings. One more song to go and it is very tough. That and still working on my near perfect rating. 

Persona 4 Dancing All Night  (15) Anime Event 67% > 79%. 

What a dissapointing sports day. I watched Northwestern play up until halftime and called it quits. Two interceptions were two costly to get over amd it went down hill from there. After that played cheaters edition monopoly with the kids. Its is a thing actually. The game lets you steal money from other players, escape from jail, and do just about anything to get ahead to win. Of course I took full advantage since my wife calls me a cheater to begin with. I call it strategy. In normal monopoly I will buy one of each color to keep anyone else but me from getting one amd she hates it, refuses to play with me. 

In gaming in was a good day too.

Plat # 15

Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

This was a really fun game. A wierd concept but fun. Im anime terms it was a filler episode. Meanings take characters you like and put them in a situation that makes absolutely no sense. But it works. The dancing part is fun and easy to pick up and the songs are really good too. The king crazy was mildly hard as were a few of the songs on hard setting. I hope the other ones coming up are just as fun.

• 2 weeks later...

My Next Update;

Started Dragon Quest 11 over the weekend. I used my giftcard from my birthday and snagged it up. A really good game so far. I love the artwork and the backgrounds. I have a few throughts though. Gemma's accent really annoyed me through the beginning. and going onto the topic of speech, why doesn't the main character talk? Are we back in the PS2 days. I thought after GTA 3 developers realized that people wanted more from the main character than head nods to show they can communicate.

Finished my current book as well. Noir by Christopher Moore.

Noir: A Novel by Christopher Moore

Madcap, zany noir set on the mean streets of post-World War II San Francisco. Sammy "Two Toes" Tiffin is the bartender in a scruffy gin joint, with street connections that make him the go-to guy for just about everything. When one of his schemes goes south and his lady vanishes, Sammy follows a tortuous trail from Chinatown to Telegraph Hill to a hidden forest enclave in a desperate search to find his girl. Meanwhile, a suspicious flying object has been spotted by the Pacific Coast near Mount Rainer, followed by a mysterious plane crash in Roswell, New Mexico ... but the real weirdness is happening in the City by the Bay

I also retooled the opening post. I have a surgery coming up and while on the mend I will be diving into my reading more. I want to restart my Stand Alone Fantasy list. This is considered the best of the best. I read some of them and own others that I have not gotten to yet. Well yesterday I went to the library and they had a few off the list so I picked them up to help me be prepared.  Check out the list, there are some real gems in there. Of course I will include my own thoughts as I go.

Getting ready to go under the knife tomorrow. I added a few games in the mean time to have a nice pleasant recovery time. Also snagged a vita game from the library. Along with my massive book stack to tackle to keep busy when not doing therapy.

Games Added

Old Man’s Journey

Word Search

Virginia

Dead Cells

Brothers

Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens (Rental).

I made it through safely and was able to be released the same day. With the promise that I would not do any stairs for the time being, so the couch it is for me. I did finish a few books before surgery and one between yesterday and today.

A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn. 

An intersting tale where a bastard daughter of a princess and a dragon lives in exile with her grandfather, the ex- king who is also her bodyguard. The forest around her takes young women and they never return. She is cautious of the woods because they are always calling to her to return home. She dreams of the day she can have justice for her life and after her grandfather dies she is allowed to return to court. But every day the woods move closer to get back what is their’s.

The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fford. 

My wife and I takes turms still reading to our kids even though they are older. It is a good way to have good family time. So this book takes place in an alternate Great   Britain called the Ununited Kingdoms. There is a Wales so that is my clue on the location. So our heroine is an indentured servent running a magic agency. How is she running it. Well the owner did a disappearing act and still has not been seen. There is also a dragon, and a prophesy that she will be the one to kill it Sunday at noon. This means a land grab for all the protected land once the dragon dies. A funny at times book because even though it is an alternate reality, people are still the same selfish self centered types that what our own society has become. 

Lastly I finished Haunted by James Patterson. 

The latest in the Michael Bennet series. This book deals with the drug problem that has sprung up in middle america with opiods. I saw an Anthony Bordain show that delt with the same topic and I guess i am not shocked that it is gotten so bad but it does sadden me that people are suffering all around from this and other take advantage of it. 

Yikes I have totaly did a small amount of damage to my completion pecentage. Trying a bunch of differant games, I will complete them slowly as I recover, since I dont have much else to do. So what Inhave started so far.

Whispering Willows

Vita Lego Star Wars TFA

Dead Cells

Both versions of Word Search

Right now I an watching everyone hang up Halloween Decorations. I may start a few others today. Puzzle Quest 4k and Attack on Titan 2. I promised my daughter I would try Attack on Titan soon. So with everything else why not today. 

Oh I also started my first book for my fantasy reads. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. 

Platinum #16.

Hitman Go

Not a bad little distraction game. And I actually did most of the puzzles myself. Only using the video guide when I was truely stuck. Now which way to go on my vita. I still have Whispering Willows that I started already. The Lego Star Wars game and now Doctor Who and Bastion. 

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman.

This is the first completed book out of my top 50. Neil Gaiman has three books listed and they are all good. This one is considered a children’s story for adults. It has just enough content to make it not appropriate. It involves a man who reexamines a time in his childhood and it is told from his perspective as a child. It involves an evil housekeeper who comes who is not what everyone elsenthinks she is.

100% #9

Whispering Willows

A really good side scrolling adventure. The story involves findingnyour dad in a haunted mansion. You can use your spirit to access other areas or move objects that you couldnt otherwise. The theme at the end about being able to see your actions from an outside perspective and being able to realize and admit your own wrongs. I like that alot. It is a short game though. With a guide it takes only a few hours. It is a fun time though.

I have really hurt my completion percentage over the last week or so. Since the next KYC is just over a month away I will continue to build it back up before then. Tomorrow night   I will finish Game of Thrones and will 

keep working on my vita stuff.

Edited by kingofbattle8174