King of battle's Something Something Chronicles Returns

kingofbattle8174

I got the last upgrade so I am finally onto the last trophy for Sackboy. So there are 6 costumes left for me to get. Four of them require me to collect bubbles to pay for them. I need 750,000 to get all four. My average is about 1000 bubbles per run, so you can see where this is going. I need about 750 runs to get all four. I can do about 50 runs a day without it interfering too much on other activities. If I do nothing else maybe double that a day. So by my math that makes for 15 days to get those four costumes. Then I need to get more bulles to buy chests. And hope I get enough quickly to get the last two costumes. 

Also Still Working on side quests for Dragon Ball before I get moving on to Saga 2. I realized some of the trophies I was going to seek are not available yet, so oops. 

Run Sackboy Run:   11/13 61%---> 12/13 71%

6S71bc39.png Own Ten Costumes    I have 4 so Far.

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot: 8/42 12%-----> 14/42 22%

4S02b364.png Complete the Frieza Saga. Starting Soon.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 1

Plat # 55

S82abbf.png

1S403930.png Complete all Jigsaw Zen Trophies

So the first game done from the extreme easy stack as I should call it. As I work on the played backlog games too, working on clearing the clutter. The extreme easy are those from 99-75% completion rates. I have like six that are not started. This was the first to be knocked off. 

Very similar list to Puzzle 4k which I completed what two years ago. I think this list is shorter and required less puzzles to be completed. The puzzles themselves are nice. It is an interesting grabbag of choices. Some surreal, others very realistic and some fantasy and anime choices. Some do though look very similar. It is interesting, this one gives you the option to rotate the pieces and with that on, you may  not get the piece facing the right way. There is the option for 24 up to 500 pieces. But the game does not even require you to do the highest. The most challenged you may get is doing the 248 pieces in under a hour. As long as you find a puzzle that gives very distinct areas, should be no problem for most.

The music though is nice. Which is where the zen part comes in. This game is supposed to be relaxing and the music reinforces that. If have ever went to get a massage at like a real spa, the music has the same vibe. That calming soothing effect as you play. Could lull you to sleep if you are not careful. A good game to play just because. 

• Like 1

Story Completed: 

S7dca25.png

What a trip of a game. I will not reveal too much since it is a short game and to talk too much about it would almost ruin everything. I will say it is cool and surreal at times as well. Only one spot had any difficulty and that was the pretend language. The solution did not make sense to me. It is a game to play for the story. I did a blind playthrough this time and just enjoyed it. Now I do have to redo it but it is so short that it does not really matter. I do have to say the ending made me tear up a bit. It was a bit of a gut punch when all said and done. 

Looking ahead now to #60. Not a big milestone but small steps right. 

Blackwood Crossing: 0---> 17/23 74% Collectables Run

Coffee Talk: 18/24 66% ---> 22/24  90% Need 50 drinks served in Endless I can get to 30. 

Wizards of Brandel:  3/33 4% ---> 4/33 05% Working slowly on story

House Flipper: 22/24 90%  Restarted my game to get the 50 houses completed. 

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot: 14/42 22% ----> 15/42 24% Finished all the side quests leading up to saga two, prepped and ready to start. 

Run Sackboy Run: 12/13 71%  Not much change. I am about half way to getting the next costume. 

• Like 2

Plat # 56

Sbfd2d2.png

1S9f32f1.png Coffee and Chill

Finally a game down. I actually did enjoy this title alot. For the most part a good laid back VN. You could compare it to the other one where you are a bartender. This one may be easier though overall. You are in alternate Seattle, it has coffee in Seattle go figure. So anyways there are elves, orcs and the odd space alien. So as you serve drinks you learn about all your customers troubles and get to see the happy endings. There is a true ending by going back and replaying certain chapters. It gives you some funny bits of dialogue as you seem to know that things have already played out. You can do art on your lattes, not that i did it much. My art never came out good. There is a trophy for doing art for an hour, but that can be solved by letting it sit on the latte screen for the amount of time. Lastly there is challenge mode, where it gets harder to serve drinks under the time limit. The 50 drinks in one sitting took me a few more times.  I was determined to get it done though. 

This mode is tough. There are 3 spikes in difficulty. First it tells you what ingredients you need, order does not matter. Then sort of the same but order does matter. Then it is a specific drink, but you can open the recipe book and if you are quick does not take off too much time. Lastly it goes off of flavor. There are four, warm, cool, sweet and bitter. There are also levels of none, little, just enough, more and extra. So you need to get the flavor profile right using the ingredients you have on hand and the level they want it. Those start off easy, say I want an extra bitter drink. Then as you near the 50 mark it may say, I want an warm, less sweet, extra cool, and non bitter drink. Those want me to pull out my hair. and as time is running out I had like two of those in a row with 45 sec left on the clock. Only way to get it was to pause the game, do the math on paper and then quickly put the order in. 

Other small updates:

House Flipper: Now up to 8 houses done out of 50. Pray for no glitch. I seem to making some profit by cleaning and filling holes in the walls before just selling. No painting or big overhauls.  Maybe ten mins spent per house, 20 tops. 

Run Sackboy Run: First Costume Gotten. It was the easiest though as 50,000 bubbles. The next one jumps up to 150,000. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been struggling for a good name and I keep bouncing around until I had a good idea. Well @Cassylvania thread gave my inspiration after she has kept hers after playing SOFN. Os mine is based off of this.

It really is actually clever. If you find these newspapers all over Black Crossing. Now the reason they do not actually say anything is purposeful. If you have ever had a dream where you try to read something and it comes out as gibberish you see what I am getting at. That and if you have played the game. 

In other news two plats today, I know that must be like a record for me...lol

Se8ba7b.png Lego LOTR (Vita).

1S6b2ec7.png One Ring to Build Them All

Clean up for this game was not to bad. It actually is much better than some other Vita Lego games in that there are not challenges or anything else to do in free play. Find the collectables, give all the treasures and then it is get enough studs to buy everything. There seems to be a small lull between the times four and times six. I actually had to go into a level as that was quicker to get enough studs. After that the rest came really quick. 

S7dca25.png

1S4c2a48.png Platinum Trophy

I have already given my thoughts on this one. No changes, I just did a quick collectable run to brag the few things left over, which did not even have to do the least bit of the game since I have already finished it. I do think though that both characters are both good and annoying at the same time. 

So what is next we will see. 4 games left to on each played backlog to get finished. 

Next for Vita I want to do Uncanny Valley. Three short runs and it should be completed. 

For PS4..hmm maybe finish my last houses. I have done just over half now. A few more days and this one should be in the bag too. 

Story Completed:

S9db5af.png

19Sd53ee2.png Destiny's Crossroads

At 33 hours for one playthrough, this remake is a good two times longer than the source material. I personally did not mind the changes. I found the fate stuff interesting and I want to see where they are going with it. As a big Dr. Who fan, time travel and trying to change history are very dear topics. Now there even is an episode in doctor #9 year that deals with this as Rose tries to change her personal history. It has consequences and there are forces that seek to prevent those changes. Now that our heroes have overcome fate, I am curious to see what those consequences will be for them and for Sephiroth. 

I have played the original many times. I first played the demo at a friend's house when he bought a PS1. I wanted it, and soon bought my own. It is one of my favorite games. I think the remake hit all the right notes. The score is just outstanding. The expanded and reimagined areas are great. I loved the Ghost Trainyard and new Wall Market. The boss fights were mostly epic. I enjoyed the updated combat. I used Cloud the most in the beginning, but by the end Barrett became my go as he becomes a beast at higher levels once you unlock his skills. 

So what story mode is next? I think the closet to finish is back to Spiderman. By which I did see that there will be a huge expansion. That will be cool getting a new spiderman. 

Started up a new game:

Sc8cc5f.png

What a hoot this game is to play. If i had to describe it, if saints row and Fall out had a baby, it would be this game. You have the Sci Fi open world of Fall Out with the zaniness of Saints Row. Well Maybe not that over the top but you get my point. The first person I shot with a pistol, his legs got cut off and flew in opposing directions. My melee weapon resembles a lacrosse stick with spikes after some mods. There is even a trophy for getting so many kills with it.  There are cliche references everywhere, and small things just to get a laugh. For instance reading the description on some of the items. One I found was for a work achievement award. It asks you was it for drinking the most coffee in a shift or some other thing, you will never know. It is filled also with some tough choices. Each mission has many ways to finish it. I think I did five hours today in the blink of an eye. After homework I am tempted to put in some more time. 

I did also complete my easiest playthrough for Uncanny Valley. Steal the car and not go to bed. I attempted next the gangster trophy but I must have messed up somewhere. My guy ended up getting his limbs cut off. Not the ending I was expecting. So now doing it slowly again. Just getting to day two, so now the fun stuff begins. 

A few days late but some stuff to update:

Platinum # 59

S22044e.png

1S7e8103.png Cosmos 18 June 2020

A very simple Jigsaw game. It is different from the other ones I have played. In this all the pieces are already on the board, you just need to get them in the correct order. There is just enough variety in the puzzles and some of them are quite fun. It is an easy game as you only need to complete 20 puzzle to finish the game, size does not matter. No other requirements, that is it. If you neeed a filler game for an afternoon, this would work. 

Platinum #60 

S9a2443.png

1S479edd.pngLife,Loss, Reconciliation and Hope 19 Jun 2020

I think this ended up being a very good game to complete Father's day weekend. As a person who has had to leave home many times, I can relate to this man's regrets. It has been on my radar for some time and it seemed like a good time to finally get it done. The game play is a good puzzle mix with nothing too challenging but just enough to get you thinking. I seem to like the puzzle games right now over more serious stuff. I dont have alot of time lately, so I dont want to spend it grinding. As I transition to fall, it may get better again and I can focus. For now though I will stay with what I am doing. so what is next?

Well there are 3 PS4 games left in my 99%-75% category

My Brother Rabbit 

Midnight Sanctuary

The Little Acre

The first one I just started last night, it is a decent enough game, not as good as the last one though. Midnight Sanctuary is unstarted, but seems to be just a short 3 hr VN that has no choices just story. Lastly Little Acre, I have to do the speed run. Which means two playthroughs most likely. One to get the timing down and another to get it done. 

On Vita I do not like either game that are in the 99-75 category, Cybarian and InkSplosion. Both are Rat games and I seem not able right now to get the timing right to make progress so it keeps on the back burner. So I move down to the next section that includes both Hakuoki games and Zero Time Dilemma. 

Father's Day has come and gone.

This year is one where I was the one spoiled more, it only happens so very rarely sometimes. Well so when a certain wrapped box appeared in the morning, I saw the size and thought hmm it is about the same size as something I have been wanting for the last few years. Now normally we wait until after dinner time to unwrap gifts. My wife compromised with me though and allowed me to get all my schoolwork done for the day and I could open stuff. I was trying not to have any work yesterday but this is finals week so lots to do. Luckily I only had a few things to get done. it is funny because she seemed just as excited as I was to see it. During our conversation she also let slip it had been under my step daughters bed for some time. That set off warning bells that I was on the right track. In 2007 at christmas, I was surprised with the first Rock Band, and it was under my very nose for over a month as it had been stashed under our daughters crib.

So fast forward in time. I opened the kids gifts first which mostly were things reappropriated from my room and wrapped up. I got one of my own books back, a flashlight and some hand sanitizer. oh and some new funky socks. I like them, its like dad jokes for your feet. Its why I wont let them throw away my crocs either. I got some family guy ones a few years ago and someone thought they were so ugly so I kept wearing them and got a few others. So on to the big boy finally and I ended up being correct. In the box was the VR bundle with Everybody's Golf. 

I opened it up and I was amazed at all the cords that it requires. The setup took awhile, then the camera took some time to get just right but finally it was in the right spot. I guess it helps to put the little base thingy on. I took the time then to download some of the free games and demo's the PS store has on offer. I wanted to get acquainted with the headset before digging into anything substantial. The first thing I noticed is crisp and detailed everything is. The colors and depth to your surrounding blows my mind. So highlighted are some of the things I tried. I was dissapointed my controllers had no charge so I had to use a normal controller which limited the games I could try. 

Drive Club. This was the first game I really tried. A few of the kids tried it too and the 3d driving was cool. It was really easy for me though as I came in first place on the first try. Other people had more difficulty since they don't know how to drive, like slowing down before a turn. You know simple stuff. 

Until Dawn: This game a freaking awesome. i don't care if it is an on rails experience. It is creepy and dark and it really feels like you are moving on the track. My gut even lurched as you go into a drop. It reminded me of the old Elvira game where it is on a track. I would buy this game even if I never plat it. it is just too fun. I watched my step daughter play it too. Even though she watched me play half of it, it still freaked her out and it was a riot to watch.

Playroom VR: This game was so beautiful. I like I can play a multiplayer game with others with the headset. I only did single player at first. The robot rescue was fun. I could keep playing that. I did not dig into the rest of it yet. there is alot to try out with it. 

Lastly, I did the Kingdom Hearts VR. It is not a game per se, but a fun experience. It is done so great. The music and scenes are so richly done. In twilight town, I kept trying to eat my ice cream. It is like right there but just out of reach. So rude. I liked that one and Destiny Islands the most out of the bunch. It is cool to feel like Sora hanging off the tree in the opening sequence. Well Done Disney and Square. 

So I do have homework today but I will squeeze in time somehow. Try something new and let you know what I think. All my plans my have to be rearranged. This will be consuming me for some time. 

Another round of game trials completed for my VR, afew days late but some stuff to update:

Astro Bot Rescue:

I know that the first game that is on the one demo disc ended up becoming a full game and I am glad it was. This demo is just as good as the original or maybe a little bit better. It uses all 360 degrees to solve puzzles. You have to peek around corners to navigate or look above and behind you. It gives the developers so many opportunities and they use it so well. The game is also so vibrant and crisp. I think it will be one of my purchases once I can do so.

Allumette:

Another movie short. This one reminds me more of stop motion like the dark crystal almost. The 3D makes a very interesting story telling medium. I know the product was more of an experiment to see what the VR is capable of but was till very entertaining. I don't mind keeping myself busy with these until I am able to invest in some titles. 

The Kitchen:

This is a demo for the RE7 VR. It is pretty eerie and disturbing. I had no idea that amount of motion control the dual shock gave you until I played a few of these. Like this one, hold the controller and moving it around simulates really well the bound hands. The depth in this preview is really good although some of the characters are not as solid looking up close. I know this game got rave reviews but not one I am sure I will look into more.

I did notice that I already owned two VR capable games

Wipeout Omega Collection, Which I got through PS plus

Roller Coaster Dreams

Story Completed:

Sfe0ebb.png

23Sa64695.png End Game

I am completely satisfied with how this game played out. The characters and the slightly different spiderman story worked really well. The sequel makes sense with how the game ends as well. They did really good on just tweaking the formula from Batman to make it a true Spiderman game. While I do agree if you managed to clear an area without breaking stealth, it should reward you by not having to complete all the waves of enemies. It gives you the incentive to actually use stealth more if that was the case. The amount of collectables will take some time still. I did manage to get one whole area cleared so far, and it was one of the largest. Next story mode will be to return back to The Outer Worlds and finish that up. 

New Game Started: 

S9c2c93.png

What a trippy game so far. I have completed maybe the first three hours and there are so many WTF moments already. I am sure I have barely scratched the surface too of how F'd up this game is. It is creepy too, even in the day time. It is too bad this game does not have a plat because it deserves one. I got it on PS Plus some time ago, and just am getting to it. My backlog is so long that I really need to start getting it down. Ps plus is always there and I almost always scoop them up for in the future. I think I have like 90 to 120 Ps plus titles including my Vita ones. 

Other Updates:

Run Sackboy Run: 66,000 out or 700,000 coins collected. I started this back again to finish it up. My goal for this week is to get to 100,000.

Word Search. 13/27 categories completed.

Starting Soon: Persona 4 Golden. Looking forward to working on this along side Sackboy. 

On the subject of PS Plus, I saw todays release notice and only one I will get, Tomb raider. I just got Erica in a sale not too long ago. It looked interesting. NBA games I am horrible at, I learned that after playing 2k19 The Prelude. My butt should have been stuck still in China on the bench. 

New Game Started: 

S8fba1e.png

I played the dancing game before playing this title even though I bought this game when I purchased the system. Not sure why i never gave it a chance until now. The music is just as good as I remember. The game it pretty fun so far too. Sure I know the characters but now I get to see how this whole journey came together which was just kind of mentioned  in the dancing game. The whole moving to a new town for some reason must be a recurring theme for Persona games because 5 uses the same thing. The teacher is a riot... Look here you little A$$holes, lol. 

Other updates. 

Upped my level yesterday, it was on a lame trophy but whatever. I got it on completing a section for Word Searches. 

I am now officially on the last costume for Sackboy. After collecting enough, I had some luck with the mega chests and hit two jackpots. That gave me enough to get enough coins for both of those costumes with enough left over for the 150,000 one after a few runs this morning. That out if the way all I have left is the 200,000 one which I have 120 bubbles total after all my spending. 

Other Updates

Soma: 5/10 47%

Word Searches and Persona / No Changes

100% complete: 

Saea129.png

6S71bc39.pngBuy ten costumes Completed

Finally the grind is completed. Even so, it was pretty fun for a free game. The game itself reminds me or Robot Unicorn or any other variation. Try to get as far as you can without dying, rinse repeat. Most of the trophies are done pretty quickly too except for the last one which is the ten costumes. I must have had better luck than other with the chest drops because I did not have to use the cloud storage too much. Today, in trying get the last costume. I only restarted once. Using the chests is a great boost in the end to get through what could take days. Once you have acquired the costumes from the chests and all the stickers, it ups your chances of getting a jackpot a great deal. What does surprise me about this game is that even with the grind there was still some left over after all the trophies are complete. I am surprised it does not require you to beat the highest score, there is one more costume and there are the rest of the tools to unlock. The game also has 20 more levels as it only requires you to get to level 20. So as painful as the game can get at the end, it could be worse. It is a good game though to play while watching tv or commuting. 

100 % completed

S9c2c93.png

10Se0f3ef.png The End

There once was a man who got in a serious car accident and lost his girlfriend. He also has a possibly deadly brain injury. So he goes in for a brain scan. After the scan he wakes up in a strange place and has no idea how he got there. What happens through out is straight out of The Twilight Zone. It is bizarre but pulls the heart strings. I definitely felt like a serial killer as I put all those who needed it out of their misery. 

Thee game itself is a simple walking sim. Unlike most I have come across, you can actually die. It is not just creepy atmosphere. There are enemies too sneak by and avoid and you have too since you have no weapons. Unless you pick up a piece of trash and toss it off one. All that does though is tick it off. Puzzles are not hard and I think there was only one spot that I looked it up after spending 15 mins running around. 

The game looks good and does really well keeping up that creepy vibe throughout. I am glad I picked it up on PS Plus awhile back. 

• Like 1

100% Complete:

S238a7c.png Uncanny Valley

8S638061.png

Last Trophy: Peeping Tom: Find all the Video Tapes

There once was a man who needed a job. So he takes a position out in the middle of nowhere in an abandoned facility as a night watchman. and what follows is a convoluted plot of androids, obsessed women, gangsters, and your own creepy nightmares. Like many of these side scrollers they make absolutely no sense. Include in with that multiple endings with only a slim chance to make it out alive. To get through it, you need at least three playthroughs, which by the last you are tired of the intro where you are doing your watchman job. This time is important though because certain actions do lead to how to proceed later on. The time limit before each day ends gets boring though. After the first playthrough, I got got all the collectables so I was just killing time marching back and forth til I could go to bed. Really exciting stuff there. It is another Vita Plus game completed though, so there is that. I only have about 25 PS Plus games left for the Vita. Maybe I can clear them out a bit. 

Plat # 61

S660525.png InkSplosion

1S2caf5b.png Platinum Explosion

F this stupid game. I am glad it is done. This aside from Cybarian will be the last Rat games I play. I definitely was fooled by the high PCG rating. This was a torture game. It is a geometry wars wanna be but has so many problems

1. Too slow. 

2. Too much RNG. The barriers and weapons are random and you need a good string of them to have any luck to get far. 

Once I got to the arcade mode that got rid of the barriers, the rest was done in a few sessions. Needless to say, I will not be doing the PS4 stack. 

In other news I did start up a few other titles. I was trying to wait for the next season of trophy hunters but I could not. 

S361e74.png Until Dawn Rush of Blood. 12/40 20% 

Halfway finished with the story. Only one boss gave me any trouble. It is fun to play though but I can only do so much before I need a break. 

Sd4ad83.png Tales from the Borderlands: 2/ 36 02%

Just started the Intro today. this is one is one of the more fun ones I have played so far. Although his attitude reminds me of Starlord and his facial expressions. So make this Guardians part 2. 

Other updates.

S22d9f1.png up to 14/27 puzzles completed now

S50bc72.png 06/44 09%

I tried out Toybox and did a few other random trophies in this game. 

Story Completed:

S361e74.png

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood.  12/40 20% --->>> 25/40 47%

For one of my first VR buys. it is one I am glad I did. Story there is not much to go on, but that is not why we are here. It is shoot, have some scares and enjoy a cool on the rails experience. I obviously needed the break. I played most of the levels the other day but was struggling in the last level. Today I breezed right through, so I went back to try and start some of the other trophies. It went well I think. I am using this game to help pad my score for THL but my opponent this week is way far ahead. I may turn it around. 

Other updates:

S8fba1e.png 10/50 14%

Completed the first rescue and things are going well. Taking a break to try to get the Plat for Cybarian. I need to do a few runs a day til I can get it done. I want it finally done. 

Sd4ad83.png 2/ 36 02% --->>> 07/36 28%

Another game for THL and it is getting me good points. I need to do nother chapter soon. Maybe tomorrow.

S9c73fa.png

Houses sold now 30/50. Crawling up to the goal. Can I get this plat for THL, I am trying. 

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum # 62 

S9c73fa.png

1S420d54.png House Flipper 

THis was a good game to relax to. It has simple premise. Buy a house that is a wreck, clean it up, remodel as you see fit and fill with furniture and sell for a profit. There are side missions as well for extra cash and serve also as tutorials for the various things you can do. Things like painting, tiling, building or knocking down walls and putting it appliances.There is just enough variety to keep things new and fresh in each house. In the base game there are 21 houses to get. Some get really fun like the Home Alone house or the one on the Moon. Most of the trophies are tied to getting a certain person to buy a house and that gets frustrating. They all have like and dislikes and sometimes your finished product does not make sense to get the right person. One house did not have a kitchen, another a no bathroom to keep the right person on top. Lastly some trophies will glitch, such as getting so much money and the 50 houses sold. The fist, you change over to euros and it pops. The 50 houses I did twice but worked neither time. Yesterday was another small update and I just bought and sold the house doing nothing to it and boom trophy popped. So something about the update made it work finally. I know this game will get DLC eventually so it is staying on my hard drive, but it has good replay value too. The update added new things to add to your houses so now I can try more things. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have not updated my books for a bit so here comes a whole bunch at once: 

0061054240.01._SX50_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg Arena: Magic the Gathering # 1  by William R. Forstchen

Spoiler

To make this make sense to have a book series about there were certain changes that needed to be made to have it make any sense and it does ina way. This author is not a fantasy author so I was surprised to see his name attached to a cheap fantasy novel. He is known for science fiction that leans towards realistic. If you have ever read the One Second After series, this is that author. It is part of the get the books off my shelf run I began to make. The story was ok, as a mysterious wizard causes havoc in the whole city as each magic colored house competes in an arena to the death. There are four houses now and there was once a fifth but the other wiped it out years ago, and you can see already where this is heading. There is a lord of the city who keeps all the houses fighting each other so they do not challenge him,as he is stealing enough magic to open a portal to leave the plane. The lord has his own boss though as well, the previous lord who has already learned how to travel the planes. So the outsider goes from house to house picking fights and getting on eachs bad side in turn. He wants to create enough trouble that the big guy himself comes out to take revenge for his family. Very classic fantasy stuff all around. 

1250183448.01._SX50_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg Kill Zone by Kevin J. Anderson

Spoiler

So after an environmentalist takes a plane into a storage container for waste at a nuclear power plant, a great bureaucrat thinks i is a good idea to move all the waste across the country to one spot. His idea is inside a mountain in a military base that "used" to house nuclear weapons. So to get approval there needs to be an inspection team before it goes fully operational. Yes this goes full jurassic park at this point. The base already had all these great old school defences and they installed all these new ones and of course they find out after a minor emergency that they do not talk. The old ones are much more lethal and the further they go in the base, the worse it becomes as they try to survive the lockdown with out being killed by radiation or the defenses. It did bring up a good question though, is where do we store all this material and is it as badly handled as the book makes it out to be, with some places having temporary places that are running out of room with no where for this stuff to go. 

1628906286.01._SX50_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg Robots Versus Slime Monsters by A. Lee Martinez

Spoiler

So this book is a series of short stories that are followups to his main books. Each one catches up with each book in a new fun twist of a situation. Read his books though, they are a riot. 

0061827010.01._SX50_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg The Bricklayer by Noah Boyd

Spoiler

So the FBI is trying to catch a group that is killing off people, including one their own. They go with outside help, who is not a team player. It works out as while the FBI does typical FBI things, he goes his own way and gets results. Hence why he is ex-FBI. Add a bit of tease of romance, a plot twist of a good guy is really a bad guy and poof cop mystery completed.

51PFBGn7h8L._SX50_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg Farmer in the Sky by Robert Heinlein

Spoiler

This was a quick read. I got his book with a large lot that I picked up for 5 busks for a whole box of books. It is one of his YA books as the writing does show it. So Dad gets remarried and decided he is going to move with his new family to colonize another planet. Now this plan does not include his son from his first marriage. The mom was dead and it was just the two of them, now he finds out that he is about to be on his own at  like 13 I think. Pretty messed up. He convinces his dad to come along and works to colonize another world. It is a little cheesy as, there is all this stuff abut scouting which was popular in the 1950's when this was written so it is like about a boy scout in space. 

1795570598.01._SX50_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg RV there Yet? by Travis Casey

Spoiler

So the moral of the story, do not buy things off of Craigslist. They bought a used RV, it broke down many times costing them thousands to fix. The one time it was working their dog died as they toured Graceland. Probably the worst days of their lives. 

67f96ab1f08daae597834545667417941414141_v5.jpg Codex by Lev Grossman

Spoiler

This one reminds me The DaVinci Code. It is a modern thriller that takes liberties with historical fact to make a good narrative. Codex involves a search for book of some significance that is not even supposed to actually exist. Most people consider it a fable or fraud. Several interested parties either want it found or destroyed if it exists. It reads quick once you get started. Plus it is another book off the shelves.

0553418025.01._SX50_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg The Martian By Andy Weir

Spoiler

I really like this book. Trapped on Mars after your crew leaves you behind. It has enough science to keep it believable and a touch of humor to keep you interested. If you never read it , worth a look. 

0312205007.01._SX50_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg The Bird Yard by Julia Martin

Spoiler

So this is based in England and kids are disappearing from a certain area. One of them finally turns up in a patch of woods after being missing for 7 years. The Police soon realize they all had a certain exotic bird that they had acquired right before they went missing and each had a part time job at the same shop. They also soon fear they know the next child as they find one hanging around the suspects house. The kid though wont listen that the guy is up to no good. He thinks the guy is his only friend and that is how he gets these kids to go along with it all. I dont usually read these types of books. It was done and in the read box now though. 

0345353730.01._SX50_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg Tunnel in the Sky by Robert Heinlein

Spoiler

So in school, there is a survival course that sens you off to some planet and you survive for a few days or so. It is part Hunger Games as once there, some kids do what ever it takes to live until pick up. There is a problem though as there is no pick up and those that are left, have to learn to live together. And live they do for three years until rescue finally comes.

B07RFT1N3L.01._SX50_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg No one Noticed the Cat  by Anne Mccaffrey

Spoiler

This one is a simple tale. A price in a kingdom is getting married to a woman from a neighboring kingdom. His new mother in law is a woman not to cross though and she means to have the prince's kingdom for herself. Good thing the prince has a cat who is wiser and knows more than she appears.

89a9684958ed172596f69586d67417941414141_v5.jpg The Ancient One by T. A. Barron

Spoiler

This one takes place in Oregon in a logging town. a woman and her grandchild are trying to stop loggers from tearing down a grove of redwoods that are precious to a lost native american tribe. During the fight the girl is sent back in time 500 years. She meets the tribe and is able to right certain wrongs in their time before being able to return home. 

0345319958.01._SX50_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg Dinosaur Planet by Anne Mccaffrey

Spoiler

Another abandoned on a planet novel, this time with dinosaurs.

0079b2bbb25377d5979464d5a77417941414141_v5.jpg This Immortal by Roger Zelazny

Spoiler

This was an award winner for some reason. I am not sure why, it was decent but not award worth to me. Conrad runs the antiquities department on abandoned Earth, where after a war is all but destroyed. Almost everyone lives offplanet and only a few remain. He is playing tour guide to an alien who says he is writing a guide book. Neither is who they seem, Conrad is possibly a Roman god who lives a life and changes names as he gets bored with it. The last life was as a war hero in the war with this same alien race over the Earth. He though commits to keeping this alien alive because he gave up fighting for the Earth. the people live better lives out there than they could here. 

B014E7QPTO.01._SX50_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg The End of The World as we knew it by Nick Cole

Spoiler

A good zombie tale. It is part World war z, and part The Dark Tower. It is short but very readable. 

2e6ee5d7f1f0ce5593358704777417941414141_v5.jpg Hook by Terry Brooks

Have had it in the shelf forever. Yes just a novelization of the movie. Not even any new snippets of info really except some of the interactions between Jack and Hook are much better. It did have some nice picture in the middle of the book too. RIP Robin Williams. 

Lastly:

c89d343ee945e765930616b5051417941414141_v5.jpg Burning Bright by Tom Dowd

Spoiler

This one is from the Shadowrun series. Shadowrun is a tabletop game where there are orc and elves and sort of has the vibe of Deus Ex. So for this one there is a missing son of the president of tech firm in future Chicago. The kid has gotten involved with people he had no business knowing. It then get weird as these bugs spirits are trying to take over people. There are whole colonies under the streets of the city, yo know like all the roaches in real chicago. In the end the city is nuked to keep the rest of the world safe.

Platinum # 63

Sd4ad83.png

1S518cff.png We Had Fun Didn't We?  08 Aug 2020

My last TellTale game is now complete. This one was another scooped up originally as a PS Plus game whenever it was released. My only wish is that you could get bad endings. Things do not go as planned, some tragic end that makes you go WTF. Game of Thrones had maybe the best one, well it was meant to have a sequel so maybe that is why. At the end though your home is burned down and you are wounded and on the run, here not so much. In Borderlands, everyone pretty much gets what they want in the end and it all wraps up neatly with it leaving a small possibility for a sequel. The story was good overall, it reminds me a lot of Guardians of the Galaxy and Peter and Rhys look and act very similar in their perspective games. I was not expecting the surprise cameo at the end but I should have been. It is too bad, there is no use for the money in the end. I am finally rich and no where to spend it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Next book completed

Senlin Ascends (The Books of Babel (1)) by…

This is one of the most interesting fantasy series beginning that I have started lately. The setting is a steampunk version of The Tower of Babel. So there are airships and al the rest in a tower that has no end. Each eleve is like it's own city and has a very distinct character. The main character, Senlin, visits the tower for his honeymoon and loses his wife in the crowd in about 5 seconds flat. So this school teacher must make his way through this tower to find his wife somehow. A really good start to a series.

New Game started

Sc92de0.png

Fall guys: 04/35 05%

I now see what all the excitement is about. I only did a few rounds and it was a blast. Even if I never id get the whole plat, it will be fun to get most of it completed. 

Other updates..

S59b490.png

29/37 70%

This one is almost in the books. I only have the last boss and the challenges. The only thing really holding me back is that I can only play for so long. I dont have the eyestrain or motion sickness other people complain about. Mine is just my glasses, after so long they the vr starts digging them in to much and I need to take breaks between sessions. I love this game though and I wish there were more worlds besides the 5. 

Platinum # 64 

Sd99295.png

1S1f8f9e.png Platinum. Collect All Trophies.

For the most part Poi is a very chill platformer. For the first run through, you are pretty much required to accomplish everything the game has to offer but none of it should challenge most people. New Game plus gives it twist by having to get to and complete the final boss but with a no hit required. Take a hit and go back to the last checkpoint, but for the most part you can bypass a lot of things and still get enough medals to get to the final area without straining too much. It also inverts the levels so, your memory will be screwed up since everything is in the opposite direction. It has been sitting incomplete for a year because I did not feel like at the time running again through the whole game but now it is done. Not that it is a bad game but the music and sound get very repetitive. Yesterday I actually turned off the sound and went to music so I did not have to hear the the jumping grunt that they make with every jump. And being a platformer is alot of jumps. It is pretty to look at though and has some great level designs. It is worth a try as a flash sale pick up. 

I am writing a birthday message to myself.. yayy 39 today. Besides that it is fall now almost. So it is that time of year to play those creepy or scary games and some other ones that out you in the fall spirit. It is my favorite season by the way from now until Thanksgiving. So I put together my list for the Fall of where I want to focus my time. So a majority of the games fall into these categories while some are just gams I want to finish as well as what I signed up for the Fall/Winter Backlog Challenge and these are composed of the majority of my Vita games that fall under the 30% requirement. 

Games by Numbers to Finish:

Black Mirror 10/22  23% ( Working On Now)

Seasons After Fall  9/22   39%

Randal's Monday  0%

Other Fall Games:

Stranger Things 3: 30/32  90%

Midnight Sanctuary: 0%

Until Dawn: 0%

Bully: 1/38  01%

Lego Harry Potter Yrs 1-4: 2% ( I have this not on my profile because when my wife played it on her account it unlocked a few trophies on mine somehow but only a few randoms not the story). 

Doctor Who VR: 0%

Nightmares From the Deep 2: 0%

Man Eater: 0%

Until Dawn Rush of Blood: 31/40  63%

Games I just want to Play: 

Untitled Goose Game: 0%

Astro Bot: 29/37  70%

My Hero Ones Justice: 27/58  48%

Lego Ninjago: 0%

Fall Guys: 6/35 08%

Cuphead  0%

Any games i but or get from my Bday today added here.....

Batman VR. 0%

Miden Tower 0%

Pathfinder 0%

Fall/ Winter Backlog Challenge: 

Wizards of Brandel: 05%

Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds: 03%

Amnesia: Memories: 07%

Adventures of Mana: 05%

Mary Skelter: 04%

Citizens of Earth: 09%

2064: 07%

Fat Princess: 20%

Persona 4 Golden: 15%

Atomic Ninjas: 23%

Lastly i did add a plat but it is not worth mentioning but only in passing as it was just a filler for Games by numbers otherwise I would not have wasted my time. It makes it # 65 and 10 away from the next milestone. I may be able to make 100 by years end or or shortly after depending on how busy school work keeps me. 4 classes this time and two are english classes, one history and behavior methodology. See you the next update.