King of battle's Something Something Chronicles Returns

kingofbattle8174

1 hour ago, Dessane said:

Solid list mate, good mix of easy ones and some longer grinds, Been meaning to check out Ether One so glad to hear it's good so far.

Also You've got a typo on your list I think, Should be Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry right?

Thanks Dessane, typo noted. I have also now added my played backlog as well now. It is a good mixture. While I am working on shorter games I am also grinding out the long ones too. Skyrim is my focus right now. I managed to complete the thieves guild quests and now moving on to my favorite part, the dark brotherhood while also grinding the really long thieves guild quest for every town.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My first platinum , Ether One, is complete. While not a hard game, it can be frustrating. If you go for this game let me offer some advice since the game has serious quirks. One thing I did was to mark off the collectables per area. That will help you from forgetting to grab something before moving on to the next area. Be patient with the puzzles, some will not unlock the first time you complete it and take some playing around with to get it to register. And if you still are completly stuck, erase the data from your harddrive and play the game without redownloading it. When you turn it back on, you should be able to proceed past it. I had to do that for the last puzzle. An decent enough game over all. Now to decide what to tackle next.

0345350502.01._SY95_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

My first book I will talk about is The Dragon and the George. I actually would classify this as an example of mediocre 80's fantasy. I did pick it up for free a few years back and is the first book i finished in the renewed effort to clear the books on my shelf. 

So at a glance the plot involves Jim and Angie, who are engaged and work in a local college. An accident with an astral projection machine teleports them to an alternate world. Angie keeps her human form, where Jim finds himself in the body of a dragon. She then is captured by a rival dragon and taken to the very originally named Loathly Tower. Jim sets off to rescue her and get his body back. First he must find companions, he finds those in a few humans, or georges as other dragons refer to them and one giant talking wolf. 

With that it doesnt sound too bad. The problem is that there really is no danger for anyone, including secondary characters. A mortal wound can be healed by outside circumstances and things happen that really just dont make sense but you are asked to accept by weak explanation. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 2

My only advice for people trying to get through a backlog of games is to complete any online trophies, especially older games. You never know when these games will turn off their online servers. After that just play the games you enjoy most. Good luck

Edited by SirPigFace

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, SirPigFace said:

My only advice for people trying to get through a backlog of games is to complete any online trophies, especially older games. You never know when these games will turn off their online servers. After that just play the games you enjoy most. Good luck

This is why i tend to stay away from most online games anymore, sometimes they look fun but the long grind involved deters  me. The only exception is star wars battlefront. I havnt been really active in that game but im not worrried about the online community there since it still has a large following. That and guitar hero but since my fingers have been acting up lately i dont see me getting expert mode.

Thanks for the advice though.

05eb47c27a10062593157305051414141463841.jpg

In book news, finished my next book last night. It was Prince Ombra by Roderick Macleish. This one was really good and smooth read. It really did not have any lulls at all and it starts with a premise. 

What if every hero ever born is really the same soul being reincarnated over again. And every time it has an ultimate enemy to fight, this pure evil force that takes the shape of whatever they fear most. But this is not what makes him so bad, he is also the source of all sinful nature and hatred. There have been a thousand battles between heroes and Ombra amd in north america , in a small sea side village the next one begins. As evil builds, you can see a small town tear itself apart as Ombra hurts those that the hero cares for most.

I also finished another slide puzzle trophy for welcome park. Only one more to go.

Welcome Park: 11/13

• Like 1

Started updating my completed list to give it dash of color and some of my thoughts as well. Now if only I could figure out how to do those drop boxes, lol. Also after a long time picked up my plastic guitar. I am very out of practice. Have to work my way up again as I work on the longer grinding achievements torwards the platinum. I did get one last night which i was glad. 

Guitar Hero Live: 30/50

• 2 weeks later...

No games this year for Christmas, bummer but it is ok since I still have games from last year that I still have not opened. January's PS Plus also makes up for it since it is such an amazing list  I will scoop up four of them. I will see if I can get one more platinum before the end of the year. Working mostly on Lego Jurassic Park for the Vita. Ive made some headway and almost finished the first movie. Also seeing the Sun Bowl today. Super excited, neither are my team but it live sports and after being away from it for so long cant wait to start seeing things like that again. Oh in books I am working on a really good Doctor Who short story collection. Should have it done by the new year too.

Great checklist so far & love the addition of books ;)

Jurassic Park was the first LEGO game I played, really enjoyed going for the plat. 

On the book side: which DW book is it? Avid reader myself & my DW collection is currently at 59 books. Never here of anyone reading them, so nice to see a fellow Whovian/Book Dragon. 

Well I just finished it today. I was in the holiday mood and scooped up some christmas novels from the library. It is The twelve doctors of christmas. A collection of short stories with each of the incarnations  of the doctor. I really liked some of the twists done with certain well known plots and characters.

I have read a handful of books and have a good collection on my shelf to get through. I also really enjoy the david tennant audio books as he plays himself.

Also happy new years to you all. My gamimg goal is to get a 50% completion rate. I will also try for 15 platinums and/or 100%'s. In books, less from the library and more off my shelves. I'd say 50 off my shelves is a good number. 

I also added one new game today to my backlog : Forma.8 and tomorrow I will add four more as the ps plus changes over. Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Batman The Telltale series, Pyscho-Pass and Uncanny Valley.

8 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Well I just finished it today. I was in the holiday mood and scooped up some christmas novels from the library. It is The twelve doctors of christmas. A collection of short stories with each of the incarnations  of the doctor. I really liked some of the twists done with certain well known plots and characters.

I have read a handful of books and have a good collection on my shelf to get through. I also really enjoy the david tennant audio books as he plays himself.

Also happy new years to you all. My gamimg goal is to get a 50% completion rate. I will also try for 15 platinums and/or 100%'s. In books, less from the library and more off my shelves. I'd say 50 off my shelves is a good number. 

I also added one new game today to my backlog : Forma.8 and tomorrow I will add four more as the ps plus changes over. Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Batman The Telltale series, Pyscho-Pass and Uncanny Valley.

50% is a good target! good luck with working towards it, though if you are anything like me you will just keep adding games instead of finishing those you've started. A goal of books to finish is a great idea I may just have to do that myself! Happy new year mate

Oh, I like how you're incorporating books you're reading, as well as games you're playing. I used to be an avid reader too. Not sure why I stopped... When I was younger, the Narnia books were probably my favorite. I also really liked mysteries. I haven't heard of the ones you're reading now, but what are some of your favorite books or series?

And you said you are an artillery man. Are you in the army, or is that just your preferred role in video games?

19 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Oh, I like how you're incorporating books you're reading, as well as games you're playing. I used to be an avid reader too. Not sure why I stopped... When I was younger, the Narnia books were probably my favorite. I also really liked mysteries. I haven't heard of the ones you're reading now, but what are some of your favorite books or series?

And you said you are an artillery man. Are you in the army, or is that just your preferred role in video games?

Reading takes up a big portion of my time so I thought it would be a good way to stand out from the crowd. Yes I am in the army. I have been in for almost 18 years. 

Favorites are a hard one. Right now I would say my top series is The Traitor Son Cycle by Miles Cameron. An epic gritty fantasy series that I almost at times prefer to Game of Thrones. At least this series is completed. The authors I like are too numerous but Gaiman I think is my top pick right now. Right now I am working on another James Patterson. I have some easy reads lined up before I tackle some more off my shelf again.

• Like 1

Another James Patterson book complete. This one is a young adult novel called Expelled. A group of teens are expelled from highschool after they are nlamed for a indecent picture that went virul from a students secret twitter account. Drama unfolds and secrets are revealed as they try to uncover the truth and clear thier names. 

Another book complete. 

Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith.

This is the author behind Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. In this novel he takes another classic story and twists it into something new. It is the story of christmas amd the wise men. What he creates is a story of a group of thieves on the run who stumble across the manger. They scoff amd ridicule mary's story and flee. Something makes them come back though to rescue the family from certain death as soldiers desend into the town to kill all the boys under two. It is now a race to flee to Egypt. It makes for quite the adventure story.

• 2 weeks later...

Batman The Telltale series

1Lf30d30.png

First platinum of the year complete. Like many I picked this up as the ps+ for January. It was a game I already had on my wishlist so I was glad when it came up for free. I really enjoyed this game and cant wait to play the next one to see how my decisions affected things. I also really liked how they made twists on very established characters so it was something new but familiar at the same time.

In other news, I am continuing to plug away at Lego Jurassic Park. I finished the story and onto the freeplay. I picked up Lost Sphear yesterday as well. I am excited to get started on that soon.

• Like 1

Started playing Lost Sphear over the weekend. It does indeed invoke the rpg's of old as you play it. To me, reminds me if Lunar. There is a certain amount of charm and innocence to the game that is indeering. I am playing it on casual for now to just get a feel for the game. It does not seem so far that any of the trophies are linked to a certain difficulty. So as long as I take my time and are thorough it should only take one playthrough.  

Lego Jurassic World ( Vita Version)

Plat# 3

1Lc0aa32.png

Second Platinum of the year. I wanted it done before the end of the month and managed to squeeze it out on the last day. A really fun game. My major complaint is using the left stick instead of the touch pad sometimes the player runs back the other way. Can be pretty annoying. 

I will keep working on Lost Sphear and the last slide puzzle for Welcome Park. I have to drop my time another 30 seconds to get it. Maybe try for another short one until the Lent Challange opens up the 14th. 

I also noticed that this platinum trophy ended up being the one that boosts me up to level 8. Yayy.