King of battle's Something Something Chronicles Returns

kingofbattle8174

9 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

I just finished this game on the weekend as well. To find my last dungeons I brought up the map with R3 and was literally a foot from my TV scanning for question marks above caves and dungeons. 1f605.png

It was way on the left of the screen and I somehow kept running past it just off my screen.

Just a general update to where I stand on everything.

The Wolf Among Us. I went and replayed the first few sections since I stopped a long while ago and forgot what I was supposed to be doing. I don't remember why I put this game down. It is so much fun and I love the story and dialog. So now at the end of chapter 1. 06%> 10%

Claire. I am at chapter 15 of the first play through, so about 3/4 of the way done. Going good so far without a lot of restarts. So hard to see though, especially if there is any glare. 0%> 24%.

Lost Sphear. Made a little more headway in the story as I try to get this game under wraps for spring fling. If I can have it 90% done  by event start I shouldn't have any issue getting. through Yonder either. 32%> 37%.

Claire

Plat# 6

1Lda409f.png

I had had a hard time getting into this one. With how dark it is it hard to see where doors are. This can \be especially frustrating while doing the nightmare mode run. The story also leaves a lot unanswered to me. I guess I should be glad that it was a ps+. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174

Alot going on right now. So. Yesterday went to gamestop and got a used 360. My stepdaughter has been bugging me for it for awhile. Says she misses fable 2. I traded it in when i got my ps4. 

So hooked it up yesterday, red ringed right out of the box. I was so mad. Went back swapped it and hooked up number two and on two different games i tried wont go past the load screens. I wanted to chuck it out the window. Have to work today and with tommorrow being the holiday, will have to wait until

Monday.

So games i got with  it.

Fable 2

Oblivion

Alan Wake

Final Fantasy 13

Dead Rising

I also picked up a couple Ps4 games

Nino ko ni 2

Far Cry 5

I also picked up the three games for Spring Fling. 

its spring again

midnight deluxe

baseball riot

Lastly my wife got a recommendation from a friend amd downloaded it so I will add it to the backlog. I be watched her play it and it looks easy enough.

Dont bite me bro.

Finished my first game for the spring fling challange. 

100% #3 

It's Spring Again.

4L6e0e98.png

This game is only good to make you feel better. Don't have a lot of time to play one day? Put this on autoplay and you have a 100% in about ten mins. I had a full plate yesterday but still felt like i needed to do something so I somehow snuck this in. 

Today I also did the first two chapters of Among the Sleep. It is part of both of my challanges so it is the next one up. 

Midnight Deluxe.

Plat #7

1La65dd5.png

It only took me a day to get the platinum. Could have been less but a few puzzles took quite a bit of luck to get the roll just the right way. Most of the game is real simple and can be breezed through in a few hours. If you havent played this game yet, think angry birds almost. You have an unlimited amount of jumps amd time, just dont die. And there are plenty of ways to do that. It is weird that you can get the plat on level 40 and the game goes to 70. I may keep it on my vita harddrive and slowly complete the rest. 

100% #4

Among the Sleep. 

Platinum # 8

Midnight Deluxe (PS4)

Finished this up as part of Spring Fling. Not a bad short game. I was not expecting how the ending would turn out though. Most of the collectables I got the first time through, so I only had a few to snag to get everything. I still had some time to kill after that so I loaded up Midnight Deluxe. Somehow I managed to finish the platinum in just over an hour. 

Still working on Baseball Riot for Spring Fling. I am working on the third region trophies. This game is so luck based i can see that the later areas may give me fits. Also The Wolf Among us. I may also start Yonder for something to play during the daytime.

Darn you flash sales because of you I picked up three more games, I also grabbed three more free titles including Tera. So all the following were added to the backlog.

Darkest Dungeon

The Town of Light

Whispering Willow

Tera

Qbert Rebooted

99Vidas.

Spring Fling is also coming along nicely. I may actually complete all my games. The hardest will be Castlevania. Getting that 200% discovery will take some time. 

100 % # 5

Baseball Riot

16Lff56ec.png

Finally completed this one for the Spring Fling Challenge. Baseball Riot is an angles game where you use a ball to bounce of walls and such to hit enemies and collect stars. Most of the game is pretty simple and you do not even need a guide for the most part to tackle about 60% of the trophies. Some re very luck and precision based and there are a few good Youtube videos that help with that. That does not mean that is the only way, there were times my shot was completely different from the guide and still accomplished the goal. All in all, a good distraction game and I enjoyed the challenge.

I forgot to add that I finished a new book a few days ago. Murder, Interrupted by James Patterson. This is the second of

three novels that are basically novilizations of his Murder is Forever tv series. This is two cases. One is about a husband who hires a group of thugs to kill his wife. He has been stealing from work so cannot get a divorce. The thugs string him along for years getting paid hundreds of thousands before finally doing the job. When they do though, she lives after being shot in the head.Afterwards his lifestyle comes into focus. The second case is about a girl who kills her mother after she is told she is sick for most of her life. The mom has been using her daughters ilnesses to get whatever she needs from various charities. To actually have a life the daughter decides the only way for that to happen is to kill her mother.

I also started a few new games this week. After reading the first chapter of Blood , sweat and pixels I went out and got Pillars of Eternity. I got through the intro and itnis pretty good so far. I also started Far Cry 5. Did the intro and began working on the arcade mode. That one is alot of fun, I am a beast with the M249.

Platinum # 09

1Lca3c1e.png

The Wolf Among Us.

I had a great time with this game. A few things put me off though. I was not prepared for the amount of f bombs thrown around the entire game. I was little more thrown by the very detailed topless stripper in one part. I always played this game after kids were in bed, but my wife was on the couch with me reading a book. She didnt say anything, but it felt awkward. Story wise, I played mostly the misunderstood wolf, only did the savage once or twice.I do plan to play the sequal if it ever arrives.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally completed a book. It seems like forever since I finished one.

The Gates by John Connolly.

Connolly is known for his Charlie Parker series and for The Book of Lost Things. Which is considered to be one of the top 50 stand alone fantasy books written. This book centers on Samuel Johnson amd his dog as they try to stop the end of the world. If you have read Good Omens by Neil Gaiman, another top 50, then it has the same comedic horror vibe. First book of a trilogy that I am rereading. 

On 5/10/2018 at 4:43 PM, malachi1987 said:

Can we do it with just 2 of us 

It does not look like it, it looks like only local multiplayer in that area. I havnt looked into the other sections.

Today though I finished the Lets read book, Blood Sweat and Pixels by Jason Schreier.

This was a very interesting read behind the scenes of some of the largest hits of recent years. They all tried something innovating, such as Pillars of eternity and its kickstarter funding, Witcher 3 and its objective to be bigger and better than Skyrim, the one man development of Stardew Valley and the sad demise of Star Wars 1313. The last was sad with all the hype of what it could have been. I like many orhers was so excited by his game. It is worth the read even if you do not participate in the lets read event.

Speaking of events, my It Takes Bulls event starts tuesday. So if you are on the fence about signing up dont be shy, there is plenty if room.

Traded in my wifes Wii and accessories and got a $50 psn card in return. Came back and picked some games for us both. 

The Sword of Ditto

Letter Quest Remastered

Puzzle Showdown 4K

Solitaire

Nightmares from the Deep 2

I also picked up the free Adventure Capitalist.

I also got my Spring Fling badge. I did not make my goal in my spring backlog though. I think I was too ambitious. Oh well on to summer.

• 3 weeks later...

General Update:

Took a nice visit home this past weekend, very long overdue since it has been four years. I did do some gaming right before and after as I prep for Summer Camp. 

Lego Ninjago: 98% This one is ready for day one.

Yonder: 63% I have almost all of the main story finished amd working on collectables.

Tokyo Xanadu: 42% I am on the last dungeon before the epilogue. I will unlock a good chuck at the end of the playthrough.

King Oddball: 38%  My distraction game.  Very fun and smoothly going right through it.

In terms of my contest, things are going well. I am just short of 40% now. My original goal was to at 50% at the emd but I may have to adjust that. 

I also finished a book right before my trip.

The Infernals by John Connoly.

Samual Johnson is trapped in Hell as revenge for his part in stopping Hell's invasion in book one. The only ones who can save him are a motley bunch including two cops, an ice cream truck driver and an unpredicable group called Mr. Merryweathers Elf's. 

• Like 1

Next Update:

Platinum # 10

1L4633e8.png

Lego Ninjago Shadows of Ronin. A very easy game and the one I used for my day one for Toogie's summer Camp. This is maybe one of the most simple lego games out there, takes maybe 10 or so hours. Not much else to say about it.

I also completed the last Samuel Johnson novel. The Creeps by John Connolly. The entire series comes to ahead here as everyone is invited to the largest event of the year and it could just mean their deaths and the destruction of everything.

My other updates as follows:

Yonder: 63%> 76%  Main Story is complete and I am working on collectables and

Tokyo Xanadu: 42%> 62% Finished the first playthrough and moved on to the second. Took my notes to make sure I don't miss anything I need.

King Oddball: 38%> 52% Main game finished, the other areas need to be closed out though.

Uno: 28% is it just me or is the Ai for this game a lot harder than the Xbox version I completed years ago.

Later this week I may spend some time on Abzu as well to close it out.

100% #6

Abzu

A great short game that I finally went back to and finished. I created my own collectables guide before startimg this time. I found on the xbox achievements site they had all of them in finding order and then combined that with the descriptions from this sites trophy guide. Even using a guide, they game is so beautiful in its artwork amd you just want to sit there and enjoy each stage. One of the best PS plus games they have released.

• 3 weeks later...

100% number 7.

King Oddball

I got this game as a ps plus freebie about two months ago. A fun little time killer. You cannot do it all at once though. After awhile it can get repetative. Even with the small variations like the grenade, one rock amd what not. Yesterday I was on a long shift and got into a good groove, especially after getting through the tower of pain in the mustache world. Why is it called the tower of pain? Because after doing it over and over again for hours it is the type of level that makes you want to chuck your vita. After it though, the remaining levels only took a few hours. 

I also made more headway in Tokyo Xandu, finally getting the recipe trophy and getting another level and a half in my second playthrough. My Murdered soul suspect run is going good too. I have left the cemetary and making it torwards the mental hospital. That should be my next completion in the next few days. 

Oh I also have a bunch of games to add to my backlog.

Diablo 3: When I first played it, it was a library rental, now I own it.

Pillars of the Earth. Has been on my wishlist for some time. Got in the Game Stop discount bin, it ended up being a brand new version.

Persona 4 Dancing all Night. One of my games for summer camp.

Fallout Shelter. Free game.

Call of Duty Black ops 3. Free game

Adventure Capitalist. Free Game

Adventure Pop

The Awsome Adventure of Captain Spirit.

Xcom 2

Squares

Atomic Ninjas

Trials Fusion

Lastly I got a gift card for fathers day and I am using it for Rainbow Skies.

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum # 11

Yonder The Cloud Catcher Chronicles.

In the absence of a true Animal Crossing type game, this game fits into almost the same category or that of Harvest Moon and the like. I really enjoyed the artwork and the world itself. It has many interesting features such as a good guild and crafting system, some farming and fishing and instead of money a bartering system. Most of the trophies are simple but may involve a small amout of effort. The exception being to find the 55 cats scattered across all the areas. It can be annoying since some are only found certain times of day or in certain seasons so without a guide it would take you a long time.

My next book is also complete. Red Rising by Pierce Brown.

If you like dysotopian books like The Hunger Games, it is a good series to check out. This one with more of a scifi element. They just started a brand new trilogy so I decided to go back to book one and reread them all again. Just as good as ever to me.

Games added to my backlog.

I added three games from ps plus this month.

Heavy Rains

Space Overlords

Zero Escape:Zero Time Dilemma

Platinum # 12:

Murdered Soul Suspect

This was one of the first four games I bought with my PS4, infact this game was my first trophy. But I never finshed it and traded it in. A big mistake considering how fun the game actually was. Only a few times I had to backtrack because I missed some collectable or two

and my count would be off. A decent short adventure. 

Now I am moving on to Lego Marvel. A game I have played off and on. Currently I am about 70% complete game wise. I have about 4 levels to do free play through and then a few bonus chapters before I do the mopups of everything else.  Still have Tokyo Xanadu to wrap up as well. I havnt touched it since I have been on vacation. I did do a few levels of Furmins and am working on world three, getting all the stars before I move on to the next world. 

• Like 1